The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Majesty

i loved letizia's dress. it looks ultra chic and classic, although perhaps it's a bit short considering the ocassion. i'd say it would suit a bit better a private event, although i loved the fact she changed her usual wear... who may have designed it? i'd give her a 8/10 today, super!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Nobility

Very beautiful pictures of the royal family they are very relaxed after there vacantions on Mallorca !!

Old 08-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i loved letizia's dress. it looks ultra chic and classic, although perhaps it's a bit short considering the ocassion. i'd say it would suit a bit better a private event, although i loved the fact she changed her usual wear... who may have designed it? i'd give her a 8/10 today, super!
I think the reason it looks soooo short is that she is wearing such high heels. It's very lovely dress.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Nobility

Sorry but all women looks bad!
Letizia: sorry, but she looks cheap! She can use that dress in a private dinner/party, not in a official occasion.
The Queen: satin pijamas, ready to go to bed.
Cristina: She is a gorgeous woman, but, what was that?

The men looks very nice, though.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:57 AM

I think Crisiñaki hit it on the head when she pointed out the need for these ladies to put their heads together in advance of these joint official occasions. They all looked like they were dressed for different kinds of events: Queen for a slumber party, Letizia for a private cocktail party, Cristina for god only knows what. But whatever. I mean, Letizia's dress was nice, and she looks smashing in it, shows off her body perfectly, but it's just not appropriate for the kind of event, as many have already said.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapian View Post
I do not understand how you can deduce so much from a single photo of an photoshoot, your psychological analysis astonishes to me.
Everything we deduce is from photos or videos we see! We only can assume things I think that at this point we can only assume that they really don't get very well along, we have never seen a single photo of them talking and having a good time together like two friends!!
I think Elena and her husband should really be present at the dinner, to me it was a disrespect (only, of course, if they had a very good explanation).
Letizia is very sexy and very tan, black is the real colour that brings out her tan, but the dress is to short for the ocassion! Doesn't she has a fashion adviser or does she dress always what she wants?
In my opinion their summer vacations outside Mallorca where join with their children otherwise they wouldn't just came back from two weeks far from their children and went sailling, so to me the children where with them all this time and not in Mallorca with grandma!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
... but the dress is to short for the ocassion! Doesn't she has a fashion adviser or does she dress always what she wants?
She does not, we had that before, and this is the result. A fashion person would not only save a lot of time for Letizia but also prevent her from being critizised for obvious fashion errors or hairdon'ts that take the attention off her duties as PoA.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Commoner

To my opinion it's a great LBD - little black dress (contrary to to a big discussions it caused), so appropriate for such an occasions just like this.
And she looks stunning! Perhaps a bit unusual for those observers who used to see her in knee-length outfit.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia View Post
Short and innapropiate dress was the dress of Princess Madeleine in King Haralds 70's celebration, not this one.
I totally agree, if I looked like Princess Letizia, I would wear a dress like that too!! She looks fabulous!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

Cristina looks an annoyed expresion. She wears an unsuitable dress.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Is it bad to be sexy? I do not believe that for being a bit sexy she should conceal her body, more when they have paid for the reasonable quantity of 300.000 auros.

Please, it is a summer, if the Queen can dress her collection of pyjamas, the Princess can allow take a more juvenile model. We are accustomed to seeing the Princess with a length for the knee, classic and formally .... it is good that at some time she breaks with it. Many young princesses choose for skirts over the knee ... and it does not happen at all.
In order to begin Leti he is not sexy, is very skinny to be able to be it. In order to continue, no, a PRINCESS, or at least who she tries to be it, cannot dress trying to be sexy, can have other characteristics, but a this princess NEVER.
Leti goes absolutely unsuitable to be the one who is and to be where it is, and no matter how hard you attack the queen saying and repeating that it goes in pajamas, you only obtain to retrataros you, the queen can go dressed a form that pleases more or less, but nobody can say that she is inadequate and it is outside site, whereas yours adored Leti it is it of permanent form.
In addition the queen has natural class, personal elegance that everybody recognizes yque to him is something that does not have anything to do with the clothes, that is born with it, and goes in the personality, and is something that Letizia, loved mine will not have in its life.
We return to history from always, to defend it absolutely indefensible in Leti, we attacked the queen, or the king, or to who is what gives more! Very badly it has this girl, really, if upon falling to him bad to as much people in Spain, those by itself that defendeis haceis attacking the kings, to those who more of 90% of the Spaniards we admired, we respected and simply we want, although those majority voices show little to the forums.
And, to finish you know what? that he is very referible and worthy and much more appropriate to go in pajamas that dressed to serve glasses in a bar, mainly if is tried to belong to the royalty. Greetings
Old 08-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Aristocracy

I agree from the picture I could see Cristina did give Letizia an unfriendly look and body language can tell too.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlan View Post
I agree from the picture I could see Cristina did give Letizia an unfriendly look and body language can tell too.
... and not only here. There are at least three or four occasions that come to my mind where we had the same look & body language. But of course, it's only a picture and we should not derive a story from a picture at least not in this case as it could reveal that Cristina is not too fond of her sister in law
Old 08-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

I am just asking a question, so please don't think I am implying anything, but could Cristina be jealous of all the attention shown to the Princley family especially to Leonor. Irene is just a little older then Leonor but there are a lot of people who compare the two and find Irene lacking next to Leonor. Maybe Cristina is just tired of all of that and is maybe a little jealous and misses her brother??? I don't know, this is purely speculation.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Rebafan81, I was thinking just the same - that maybe Cristina is a little jealous to Letizia. About Letizia´s dress, I don´t think that it was unsuitable to this occasion. And because Queen Sofia and Letizia get along great, I would assume that the Queen would advice Letizia with her outfits if the Queen would be afraid that Letizia would dress unsuitably.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I am just asking a question, so please don't think I am implying anything, but could Cristina be jealous of all the attention shown to the Princley family especially to Leonor. Irene is just a little older then Leonor but there are a lot of people who compare the two and find Irene lacking next to Leonor. Maybe Cristina is just tired of all of that and is maybe a little jealous and misses her brother??? I don't know, this is purely speculation.
of course it's possible!! but it's normal that Leonor has more attention from the media because she'll ertainly be the future queen of Spain so all that she'll do in the future will be reported and analized! but I think it's really stupid to compare these 2 beautiful girls! they're only two or almost.. let them to be children

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 08-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I personally didn't see any look from Christina, to me she always looks that way, not just at Letizia. As far as attire goes, although they are members of the royal family, aren't they on vacation? Altough, I do agree that the Queen's outfit looks a little like pajamas and Christina's outfit just didn't do much for her (although I did think that the skirt was great and could have worked better for this occasion with another top). And Letizia, she looked great!
Old 08-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Majesty

i would hardly define that dress as "sexy". it is certainly a loose dress, nothing fitting at all. what may be a bit more feminine than usual is the length... but for the rest it looks quite like a normal dress (quite naive, in fact) to me. so many brands are now using this trapezium-loose style resembling what a little girl would wear, which is, by no means, sexy. that's how i'd define letizia's dress: not sexy, but naive and very feminine looking. quite informal, yes, and i wouldn't have wore it for an official event, but that doesn't stop me from liking it...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalist View Post
Sorry but all women looks bad!
Letizia: sorry, but she looks cheap! She can use that dress in a private dinner/party, not in a official occasion.
The Queen: satin pijamas, ready to go to bed.
Cristina: She is a gorgeous woman, but, what was that?

The men looks very nice, though.
I agree completely with all of the above. I would also like to add that I thought she looked rather sickly or too skinny in that dress (I am not trying to start another debate about her weight just my observation).
Old 08-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

In this summer for Sophia has been wearing satin pijamas.