The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher View Post
The dress Cristina is wearing is dreadful, and it looks worse because she is standing next to Letizia, who is wearing a simple (albeit somewhat inappropriate) dress with clean lines.
what I need to read, already wise I who somebody I was going to say that, good then to my it does not seem to me suitable Leticia by very modern who Vista at least tonight

Old 08-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love Letizia's dress, her hair can be better. If she had curled her hair, she would have looked really really glamorous. Cristina's outfit looked drab. I'm disappointed that Elena was not there. She was usually the best dressed lady.
I don't see how Letizia's dress is inappropriate for a dinner in an island. Mathild and Maxima have been wearing skirts above the knee all the time. Both Felipe and Letizia looked like charcoals, wonder where they went the last two weeks, but they were definitely not in Asturias.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

The Borbon women are looking fab Queen Sofia and Cristina look very stylish and regal.

Letizia looks very pretty, I love her look and the dress but unfortunately not appropriate for the occasion at all. That dress is much too short - I immediately thought of the Laureus awards last year, same thing: very pretty dress but highly inappropriate for the occasion as much too short & sexy.

And we have seen only two pics but it's the same annoying look on Cristina's face when standing next to Letizia, as always during recent months. No warmth, no affection, very obvious, at least to me.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

as usual, the Dukes of Lugo weren't there
I think the SRF ladies need to do some kind of "pre-dinner" reunion, 'cuz the three of them are wearing things that are for completely different ocassions
I don't know what has happened with Queen Sofia this summer, but she's been wearing awful dresses, like overgrown pijamas or so, love Cristina's skirt, not so sure about the shawl/sweater
Letizia's dress would have been really nice in another color and maybe slightly larger, the fabric and cut are nice, though
Old 08-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

I thought everybody looked pretty good, although I really liked Letizia's dress. Maybe a tad short, but it was very pretty. Cristina looked good, although I didn't like her sweater very much.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
And we have seen only two pics but it's the same annoying look on Cristina's face when standing next to Letizia, as always during recent months. No warmth, no affection, very obvious, at least to me.
I agree, I've noticed this about Cristina too, and wondered about it. For years I've noticed that she doesn't interact much in public with her own sister either. If she didn't have some strong relationships with other women (her cousin Alexia, and the particular friend whose hypenated name I can't remember), I would almost think that maybe she is one of those women that simply don't interact much with other women.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

I tnink Letizia was very modern and elegant and looks pretty.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

well Cristina is very very close to her sister Elena, to her cousins Alexia and Cristina TS, to her sisters-in-law (Iñaki's sisters), has close female friends like Marta Mas, Rosario Nadal and Alia of Jordan
Old 08-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Courtier

Letizia was pretty, she was modern but elegant i like her dress,About Cristina i don't like her sweater but she was good!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I love Letizia's dress, her hair can be better. If she had curled her hair, she would have looked really really glamorous. Cristina's outfit looked drab. I'm disappointed that Elena was not there. She was usually the best dressed lady.
I don't see how Letizia's dress is inappropriate for a dinner in an island. Mathild and Maxima have been wearing skirts above the knee all the time. Both Felipe and Letizia looked like charcoals, wonder where they went the last two weeks, but they were definitely not in Asturias.
I agree, is summer and they are in Mallorca for me, Letizia is the best dressed lady tonight, very elegant, modern and sexi....wow!!!.
I don't like Cristina's outfit, but she is very good and I like her hairdo.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

I do not understand how you can deduce so much from a single photo of an photoshoot, your psychological analysis astonishes to me.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 PM

This summer, we did not see any photos of Princess Irene of Greece, the Queen's sister. Is she well?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Yes. Indeed. Photos may takes you doing a casual gesture and when fixed in a pic, it could be magnified. I do not see anything in Infanta Christina's face that could show coldness or hate toward her Sister-in-Law...She seems only to be thinking in another think...Or maybe she could be slightless tired...Who really knows?

Vanesa.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Royal Highness

Please don't say we're going to get into another "Letizia vs. Cristina" argument, where half think they hate each other and half think they're best friends forever, are we?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Commoner

I've been on vacation and now that I am back and read all the posts I have decided that lots of you are officially mad!! Your comments crack me up, especially the passive agressive ones! What a hoot! Such passionate feelings! Some of you are so invested in your favorites (and you Cristina lovers are no second place when it comes to passionate devotion!) that I am amazed at your devotion.

Anyhow, IMO, tonight the Queen dressed in a customarily dreadful Palma outfit. Cristina, who in the past two years in particular has developed a very nice style, also looked dreadful--and no matter how much some of you love her, she looked old and drab. Letizia--no matter how much some of you hate her--looked young and sexy--which of course some of you will now find fault with, because goodness gracious, other princesses can be sexy, but not Letizia. Everything she does is wrong!

Now, fight on, devotees!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Courtier

People who hates Letizia always will say so, some upper class people in Spain don't like Letizia a all, They think that a Divorce woman can't be the Future Queen of Spain, and also They think that being from a middle class is the wosrt, Some other hate her because she is what she is, a simple woman without any intentions for being in the front of the Magazines and so on, and others because just want to attack the monarchy and Princess Letizia is the most vilnerable, due to she isn't come from a rich or aristocrat family.

They dare to say the worst things about Princess Letizia, for them all what she does is wrong, There aren't one single thing from Princess Letizia that They think is well, They just want to affect her reputation and in that way affect the monarchy too.

They even say things very nasty about her simple and private family, Thay have the most ridiculous and hateful statements, of course without any justification they say so, but they remain in their line and It 's Just Disgusting, even the worst juornalist from Spain who hates Letizia call her THE TAXI DRIVER GRANDAUGHTER, is so painful that, That guy is a MONSTER, HE IS A ERROR.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Courtier

Letizia looks ready to go to a bar after the dinner! She looks good though. I love Cristina's outfit, but next to Letizia, she looks too formal, and respectfully, I DON'T like the Queen's outfit. It looks like she is wearing old window treatments
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soriagirl View Post
I've been on vacation and now that I am back and read all the posts I have decided that lots of you are officially mad!! Your comments crack me up, especially the passive agressive ones! What a hoot! Such passionate feelings! Some of you are so invested in your favorites (and you Cristina lovers are no second place when it comes to passionate devotion!) that I am amazed at your devotion.

Anyhow, IMO, tonight the Queen dressed in a customarily dreadful Palma outfit. Cristina, who in the past two years in particular has developed a very nice style, also looked dreadful--and no matter how much some of you love her, she looked old and drab. Letizia--no matter how much some of you hate her--looked young and sexy--which of course some of you will now find fault with, because goodness gracious, other princesses can be sexy, but not Letizia. Everything she does is wrong!

Now, fight on, devotees!!!
You are also very passionate about some people, and I think it is just great!!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
You are also very passionate about some people, and I think it is just great!!
refreshing too! kind of gives us another angle on how we view things here. a good take on how we've been behaving (and we've been behaving very badly).
Old 08-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I love Letizia's dress, her hair can be better. If she had curled her hair, she would have looked really really glamorous. Cristina's outfit looked drab.
I don't see how Letizia's dress is inappropriate for a dinner in an island. Mathild and Maxima have been wearing skirts above the knee all the time.
I LOVE Letizia's dress. It's clean-lined, modern and elegant. It suits her. She has the perfect shoulder line to carry it off. She looks fresh. I don't see how wear a shorter dress is so imappropriate for an island vacation dinner either. Mary of Denmark wore a shorter dress to an official appearance recently. <shrug>

Cristina's dress is dowdy. Did her cat shred her sweater? Sofia's outfit seems an old relic.