The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1181  
Old 08-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
Please biboquinhas, don't phantasm about the " strange" relations of the Princes of Asturias and the Infantas Elena and Cristina. Up to know never Felipe had spent his hollydays very near of those of his siters, why do you want that he change his way to organize his hollydays and thos of his family only because he is married.
I'm quiet sure that for the futur never will see the princes on the beach with all the family and friends because they don't have the same friends as the Infantas Elena and Christina, and also because it's not their cup of tea to spent a day on the beach. Elementary, my dear Watson!
Agree. Also there is security concern for the Prince on a crowded public beach, that's probably why we never saw Felipe on a public beach in Mallorca.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1182  
Old 08-27-2007, 10:26 PM
RhapsodyBrat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cavite City, Philippines
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Perhaps she was taking revenge at the Kings who never showed up at the baptism of her grandchildren.
now, isn't that too harsh to assume? we haven't been told of the real reason why she wasn't at the baptism, nor was there any public reports/stories of rivalries between their families.

the older Infantas have been pretty much left on their own by the media since Juan Carlos became King. they shifted their attention to the King's children and they chose to lead quieter lives, so that's probably why there aren't that many reports about their outings. i'm sure they still have privileges due to them as members of the royal family, but they chose to be discreet instead and not make everything public.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1183  
Old 08-27-2007, 11:34 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,800
Video of Hola:

hola.com - Vídeos del día
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1184  
Old 08-27-2007, 11:37 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Agree. Also there is security concern for the Prince on a crowded public beach, that's probably why we never saw Felipe on a public beach in Mallorca.
Good point too. it's obvious that the Princes and the little infantas have a risk to be on public beach principaly in palma because the politic problems with ETA for instance!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1185  
Old 08-28-2007, 12:11 AM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,800
some more pics:

http://i15.tinypic.com/4l3dsgx.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/5zlcwvs.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/5yvp6z4.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/6h5pgg8.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/67njf2q.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/6cg1m5j.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/68h86eb.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/66xzc7q.jpg (does he EVER take his wedding ring off? is that a kind of piercing or so?)
http://i13.tinypic.com/5xo7uxu.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/4kf9f8z.jpg (I have just pictured Cristina saying: whazzup dude )

(Visual)

This has been such a great summer for pics! Love seeing the kiddie gang having fun and learning together
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1186  
Old 08-28-2007, 03:20 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
now, isn't that too harsh to assume? we haven't been told of the real reason why she wasn't at the baptism, nor was there any public reports/stories of rivalries between their families.
Yes, it's a bit harsh, but there were many harshier speculations on this board. Infanta Pilar went to another baptim on the same day for the son of her late husband's niece, not her own nephew's daughter (Sofia), who is also an infanta of Spain. Of course, she had her right to make her choice, we also can speculate on her choice too.
It was not because of rivalries, no family in Spain has any chance to rival the SRF. But there were rumors of two sister-in-laws of the older generation not getting along (Let the rumors remain rumors ).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1187  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:05 AM
monica's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Valladolid, Spain
Posts: 1,572
Great pictures crisiñaki!!!!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1188  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Ccile's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: paris, France
Posts: 1,360
I can't wait to see the pictures of the last dinner in Palma!!!!! it will be great to see Felipe and Letizia tomorrow morning on the pics!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1189  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:13 AM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica View Post
Great pictures crisiñaki!!!!!!!
you're welcome! and i love your new avatar, that must be one of my fav summer pics: Irene getting kisses and more kisses from her cousin
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1190  
Old 08-28-2007, 07:03 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 17,070
Jaime de Marichalar's quarrel Froilán

The son of the Dukes of Lugo always has emphasized for being a naughty enough child. In this occasion, Froilán does not want to stoop the ship and his father scolds him

VIDEO (Realeza)
hola.com - Vídeos del día

Foto
http://www.ultimahora.es/db-bin/ehsq...los+foto1+1781

In the television also they have emitted images of the Prince and the Princess in the Fortuna.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1191  
Old 08-28-2007, 07:32 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Agree. Also there is security concern for the Prince on a crowded public beach, that's probably why we never saw Felipe on a public beach in Mallorca.
To be honest I was already surprised that the infantas & family were seen on public beaches along Senor X and Senora Y and their families, not only for security reasons. Good for them they don't mind being stared at and photographed the whole time and still have a good time I personally share the Asturias' decision to hide away and have some privacy, but as the French say, chacun a son gout and the main issue that everybody feels comfortable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1192  
Old 08-28-2007, 08:25 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
To be honest I was already surprised that the infantas & family were seen on public beaches along Senor X and Senora Y and their families, not only for security reasons. Good for them they don't mind being stared at and photographed the whole time and still have a good time I personally share the Asturias' decision to hide away and have some privacy, but as the French say, chacun a son gout and the main issue that everybody feels comfortable.

In a some way I'm agree with you, It looks to me very good that the Princes could tatke some hollydays very far awy of the spotlights ( even the Princess )

The style summer camp of Iñaki Urdangarin and his family is not my cup of tea too; if it's very good for the children to have aquatic activities with a handsome ( and very crusty ) father as a master swimmer, it's a choice very respectable, but I don't see the Princes and the Infantas playing balloon, salting in the water and so on under the look of all the people of a beach. As you say : Chacun ses goûts et les vaches seront bien gardées !"

I think that this year we have to give a special mention of devotion to duty to Jaime who whith a lot of patience had supported the beach's borring afetrnoons!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1193  
Old 08-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Infanta Pilar didn't attend Sofia's baptism, I never thought it had much to do with her relation with the Princes. The Princes get along pretty well with Pilar's children. Perhaps she was taking revenge at the Kings who never showed up at the baptism of her grandchildren. On the other hand, Queen Sofia seemed never miss the baptism of the Greek grandchildren even though she had to travel to Greece or Canary Islands. I really wish the Princes had attended Infanta Pilar's birthday dinner in Mallorca this summer, so did the Infantas. Really disappointed that none of them showed up. That probably explained why we haven't seen any of Pilar's children on Fortune this summer.
Well I don't see speculating as a bad thing because very often where there is smoke there is fire and usually I don't hold myself back But in this case I did not see any obvious reason. No question, it is strange that Infanta Pilar missed the baptizm w/o any information (she could have been sick etc) but as the sister of the King normally it's a must go event. Last year, when Letizia went to El Rastrillo with the Queen, Pilar joined them although she did not have to and they looked very comfortable together.

And no idea why the Princes missed the birthday dinner as they went in previous years if I recall correctly. Something's not right but I have no idea what and the media might not have picked it up because Pilar is JC's sister and very close to him. He even chose her as his escort on the way to church when Felipe got married (instead of Letizia's mother).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1194  
Old 08-28-2007, 10:16 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 17,070
MORE PHOTOS IN THE BEACH

London Features International Ltd

INFANTA PRINCESS CRISTINA OF SPAIN PLAYING WITH HER DAUGHTER IRENE ON THE BEACH IN PALMA DE MALLORCA

London Features International Ltd

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1195  
Old 08-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
Do you think after all this pics of the Spain Royal Family summer vacation that the Infanta Leonor was so much exposed to the look of the Press? As I read that !

I think that all the grandchildren are the items of the photoraphs, isen't it ?
In general F & L are critizised for not showing Leonor enough, something they overdid last autumn when she was not to be seen for months in public. I'd rather see her less than too much as long as she is so small. This time I thought they got it perfectly right. We saw Leonor on a few occasions a lot and then not at all. Of course it could always be more but enough for such a little girl. People sometimes forget that she is not even two, an age where children become annoyed (and annoying ) very quickly.

The other grandchildren were photographed much more as they are older. When Leonor and Sofia will go to school or so they will be around much more often, I am sure, while the others, becoming teenagers, might be annoyed and show up less We'll see.

I personally would find it horrible having to spend my vacations in Mallorca every year, like a zoo animal, pleasing the paparazzi etc. just because my grandparents happen to be the Kings. Especially Victoria seems to be a very insecure and shy child who probably would enjoy her vacation more if she was just a normal kid.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1196  
Old 08-28-2007, 10:17 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 17,070
PRINCE FELIPE AND PRINCESS LETIZIA IN THE FORTUNA

London Features International Ltd#

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1197  
Old 08-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Rebafan81's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Akron, United States
Posts: 1,037
I just watched the video of Jamie and Froilan. I really don't know what happened but I know I really did not like the way he grabbed at Froilan and the way it looks like he treated him. IMO, Inaki is such a great dad, Jamie just looks like he would be too stern for me. no wonder Elena kids always look sad and Cristina children always look like they are having a good time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1198  
Old 08-28-2007, 10:41 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 17,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I just watched the video of Jamie and Froilan. I really don't know what happened but I know I really did not like the way he grabbed at Froilan and the way it looks like he treated him. IMO, Inaki is such a great dad, Jamie just looks like he would be too stern for me. no wonder Elena kids always look sad and Cristina children always look like they are having a good time.
Jaime only was joking with the child, because Froilán had got angry. Iñaki likes the children and he enjoys them ... but not always he is perfect, and at some time one has seen him angered as when he scolded Froilán to the exit of the clinic when they went to visit Sofia... Jaime is a sick person, who cannot do many things that Iñaki does, but there are marvellous images with his children. I do not believe that the children of Infanta Elena seem to be sad and those of Cristina happy ... they all have their moments. Froilán always has appeared as a happier, extrovert and naughty child that his cousins or sister.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1199  
Old 08-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I just watched the video of Jamie and Froilan. I really don't know what happened but I know I really did not like the way he grabbed at Froilan and the way it looks like he treated him. IMO, Inaki is such a great dad, Jamie just looks like he would be too stern for me. no wonder Elena kids always look sad and Cristina children always look like they are having a good time.
In general I think Jaime is a good dad as he spends a good amout of time with his kids. Depending on the situation he might have lost his nerve as it could have been dangerous for Froilan - I don't blame him, it happens although it shouldn't.

I am not a psychologist and don't want to be related to Barbara Cartland again (please don't adelaide ) but for me it's no question the status of the relationship of parents reflects on children and you don't need to be an insider to see that not all is right in the de Marichalar household while Cristina & Inaki make a perfect and happy team.

Froilan seems to very wild and got most attention for beating up his boy cousins or being a troublemaker at Felipe's wedding and Victoria is painfully shy, I like them both very much but they don't give the impression of being very balanced. I am sure there is not only one reason and their parents both try hard but somehow there must be a relation to the situation they grow up in.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1200  
Old 08-28-2007, 11:56 AM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,061
Los arrumacos veraniegos de los Príncipes de Asturias · [Fotos]

scenes of affection of the princes
__________________

__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2014 lula Royal Family of Spain 172 09-06-2014 12:41 PM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2013 Queen Sofia fan Royal Family of Spain 193 10-18-2013 08:27 AM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006 Elsa M. Royal Family of Spain 1145 09-01-2006 03:21 PM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2005 lula Royal Family of Spain 835 09-21-2005 06:05 AM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2003-2004 Tina Royal Family of Spain 76 08-17-2004 12:20 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]