The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
I haven't read or heard about the Lugos, does anyone know about them?
According to Hola, they do not come up to the next week.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
I haven't read or heard about the Lugos, does anyone know about them?
Probably they're in the Hamptons or Soria (Jaime's hometown) as usual.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Until Monday do not begin the ditches, so till then the only possibility is that they find them casually.

Probably this year the press has it more complicated, the safety is major, and still there is uncertainty in knowing like it will concern the change of port of the ships Tranpac, where compete in King and the Prince.

So patience.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Ohh!! Finally Letizia is there. I was getting the feeling that she wouldnt be going this year...
Would be great to see all the new family pictures with the King & Queen.
Thanks all for the articles & pictures
Old 07-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

Kind of OT, but it's been digging at me. Are Mallorca and Majorca different places? Sorry to ask.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Kind of OT, but it's been digging at me. Are Mallorca and Majorca different places? Sorry to ask.
Yes, they are the same place. I don't actually know why some people spell it Majorca, I always just assumed it was the 'tourist' way!
Old 07-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Same thing but different spelling in different languages (Majorca = English, Mallorca = Spanish, or German, btw) Sometimes it's a bit confusing because there is another island among the Ballearic Islands, Menorca or Minorca, in English.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

26th Copa del Rey Camper Audi

AGENDA SOCIAL

SUNDAY, 29 JULY

18.00 hours. IMS 570-IRC Skippers meeting at RCNP terraces.
18.45 hours. IMS 670 and X-35 Skippers meeting at RCNP terraces.
19.30 hours. TP52 and GP42 Skippers meeting at RCNP terraces.

MONDAY, 30 JULY.

9.30 hours. Meteo briefing at Sala Magna, Real Club Náutico de Palma.
18.00 hours. Welcome ceremony with afternoon snacks. Ball de bot performance. Cava and wine from Codorniu will be offered. Place: Terrazas del Real Club Náutico de Palma.

TUESDAY, 31 JULY.

9.30 hours. Meteo briefing at Sala Magna,Real Club Náutico de Palma.
17.00 hours. Refreshments and music at the Village tent Lugar.

WEDNESDAY, 1 AUGUST.

9.30 to 11 hours. Thematic breakfast offered by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fishing. "Sobrasada de Mallorca". (Majorcan spicy sausage) Place: Terraces of Real Club Náutico de Palma.
17.00 hours. Refreshments and music.
18.30 hours. Afternoon snacks for all sailors offered by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fishing. "Ensaïmada de Mallorca". (Majorcan cake)
19.00 hours (approximately). Jaume Anglada in concert at the Village tent.
21.00 hours. Media dinner. With the collaboration of Palma City Council. Place: Museu Es Baluard.

THURSDAY, 2 AUGUST.

9.30 to 11 hours. Thematic breakfast offered by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fishing.. "Oli de Mallorca". (Majorcan oil) Place: Terraces of Real Club Náutico de Palma.
17.00 hours. Refreshments and music. Golf afternoon with Brugal rum. "Ron Brugal Moonlight". Place: Tent
21.00 hours. Owners’ dinner (party ´Blanco & Chill Out´). Cava and wine offered by Codorniu. Place: Terraces of Real Club Náutico de Palma.
24.00 hours. Performance DJ Juan Campos.

FRIDAY, 3 AUGUST.
9.30 to 11 hours. Breakfast offered by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fishing. "Queso Mahón Menorca”. (Cheese from Menorca)Place: Terraces of Real Club Náutico de Palma.

SATURDAY, 4 AUGUST

9.30 to 11 hours. Breakfast offered by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fishing. "Ensaïmada de Mallorca". (Majorcan cake) Place: Terraces of Real Club Náutico de Palma.
21.00 hours. Prize giving ceremony. Cava offered by Codorniu. Place: Castillo de Bellver.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
This is so weird, I came here this evening to ask the exact same question. Majorca, Mallorca, it's a question that I have wondered about for years but never actually asked.
Now I know, thanks acdc1.
I look forward to some pictures of the families enjoying their vacations, family holidays and such fun and also memorable.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

they are the same place. mallorca comes from an abreviation for "palma de mallorca" (palm of mallorca), also sometimes referred to as "palm" - palma in spanish- and majorca is it's english translation... so palma de mallorca, mallorca, palma and majorca all refers to the same place, lol. :)

it's great that letizia and the girls are already there! can't wait to see them out and about.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

I really hope we'll get to see the girls tommorrow in the harbour and on the boat Does anyone happen to know who started the family tradition of spending all summer in Mallorca and when that was?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

El Rey y el Príncipe participan desde mañana en XXVI Copa del Rey de Vela

The King and the Prince take part from tomorrow in the XXVIth Cup of the King of Sail

The King and the Prince of Asturias have foreseen to take part in the XXVI Cup of the King of Sail, from tomorrow until August 4, is celebrated in waters of the bay of Palma.

Don Juan Carlos will sail to the cane of the 'Bribón', as he did in the middle of July when he took part in the ditch Breitling in Port Portals, in Mallorca.

For his part, Don Felipe will compete, like in previous editions, with the 'CAM' and not with the 'Aifos' of the Navy, sailboat in the one that embarked for the ditch Breitling of ten days ago.

The sailboats in those that the King and the Prince navigate belong to the class TP-52 that, close to the ships GP42, they will realize tomorrow a ditch of training, before the first test of competition that will be Tuesday.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

INFANTA CRISTINA ON BROAD A CATAMARAN ALONG THE BALEARIC COAST

London Features International Ltd
Old 07-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
INFANTA CRISTINA ON BROAD A CATAMARAN ALONG THE BALEARIC COAST

London Features International Ltd
Who was with her? I think I recognized some of her kids, but was Alexia on there too? I saw a lady that could have been her.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Who was with her? I think I recognized some of her kids, but was Alexia on there too? I saw a lady that could have been her.
I believe that she is a friend of the Infanta Cristina, last year already they passed several days sailing with them in the catamaran
Old 07-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Sofía and Princess Letizia, with Leonor and Irene in Mallorca

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...c14807e47g.jpg
Old 07-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Alexia is in her sixth month of pregnancy and therefore that dark-haired woman can´t be her. I suppose it´s Cristina´s Nanny. Alexia didn´t attend the Mallorca-holidays since about 2003 any more. I´m also quite sure she´ll be happy to be able to stay at home in Lanzarote because of her condition.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Thanks Lula this is great. Too bad hte picture is so small. It's great seeing the 2 girls together
Old 07-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Nice picture! It's so different from last year, both of them were still babies. Now Leonor is a big sister who has grown into a happy toddler with the most adorable ringlets. Irene is still the baby of the family, but she is a big two-year-old now and has cute blonde curls. She always seems to have that same Suavinex pacifier with her, though!
Old 07-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
She always seems to have that same Suavinex pacifier with her, though!
Does an over two year child still have to use a pacifier, at least during the day? She is not a baby anymore but it makes her look like one. It's not good for the teeth either and the later she stops the worse. But Cristina is one of the most experienced royal mothers around, she will know.