The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Iñaki's family as well as the Lopez-Quesada family stay on their own while in Mallorca, they do not stay in Marivent as the Urdangarins and Marichalars do

And as for the Fortuna yacht, I guess the Queen also have that privilege with Alia of Jordan and her cousin Princess Tatiana, I think they are all allowed to book the yacht for a day or so, we see Cristina & Co more since they are the ones who go to public beaches more, with Elena and Cristina TS and the rest of the gang

I love Irene laughing, she's just like the female version of Miguel, and a mini-Claire in her own right

Old 08-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Royal Highness

We really haven't seen Irene super happy like she was today. She has the pacifier out of her mouth, and we can see her pretty face. She has a beautiful face, and a heart-shaped mouth, she is an absolute doll! She looks the most like Miguel, IMO, like I guess Inaki's mother, although Miguel sometimes looks like his dad in a couple of the pictures.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Iñaki looks like his mom, so if Miguel looks like him, is bound to look like Claire

Irene is the doll of the entire family, from godparents to cousins, from aunts to parents and she enjoys it to the fullest as we were able to see her yesterday!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Nonetheless it seems that the Infanta Cristina enjoys the privilege of inviting her friends to Marivent or to the Fortuna.
I've thought about that too. I've always wondered why we don't see Infanta Elena or Prince Felipe or even Letizia bringing their friends to Mallorca or onboard the yachts.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

maybe the yacht is only for royals? I've never seen any "commoner" friend of them on board, it's always the royal gang

I also think that maybe the PoA have had friends over, but since they prefer the private beaches and so, we've never seen them

who knows, we can only guess at this point...
Old 08-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
A couple more pics:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...089267_001.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...089267_007.jpg

(Visual Press, once again please no hotlinking, specially in that forum I put that was hotlinking before)

I just love that outfit in Irene, she looks so damn fashionable and cute
Crisiñaki, this photo of Irene with dad made me so happy it's so nice and cute...thanks a lot.
I hope we can see leonor and sofia some day also in the beach with daddy...let's see if we see them again this summer.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that it will be very nice to see also Filipe and Leitzia having some great time in the beach along with all those friends! We can never see them together, happy and having some normal time join with Elena and Cristina family, to me that is very very strange and I can assume that both part of the family don't get well along!!! I'am sure we will see them tomorrow vey happy together and even talking a little bit, that is common but only in official ceremonies!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks a lot for al this fantastics pics about the Infantas with their families.

This summer nobody can tell that it was the exclusivity of the Infanta Leonor and her sister, all the grandchildren of the kings are matter of shots and they did it whithout any discrimination ( by the photographes) ... Isen't it?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
maybe the yacht is only for royals? I've never seen any "commoner" friend of them on board, it's always the royal gang

I also think that maybe the PoA have had friends over, but since they prefer the private beaches and so, we've never seen them

who knows, we can only guess at this point...
Good point, Cris! I think you might be right. Isn't Fortuna the gift from the Spanish people? Somni is the family's private yacht, right? I guess they use Fortuna for family outings and especially for visiting royals from other countries, but if they want to entertain friends, they use Somni. Like last summer, when Cristina's family entertained a bunch of people on Somni.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I think that it will be very nice to see also Filipe and Leitzia having some great time in the beach along with all those friends! We can never see them together, happy and having some normal time join with Elena and Cristina family, to me that is very very strange and I can assume that both part of the family don't get well along!!! I'am sure we will see them tomowor vey happy together and even chating a little bit, that is common but only in official ceremonies!

Please biboquinhas, don't phantasm about the " strange" relations of the Princes of Asturias and the Infantas Elena and Cristina. Up to know never Felipe had spent his hollydays very near of those of his siters, why do you want that he change his way to organize his hollydays and thos of his family only because he is married.
I'm quiet sure that for the futur never will see the princes on the beach with all the family and friends because they don't have the same friends as the Infantas Elena and Christina, and also because it's not their cup of tea to spent a day on the beach. Elementary, my dear Watson!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Fortuna, belongs to the National wealth, belongs to the State and the Royal Family can enjoy it.

The Royal Family has invited members of other Royal Families to the Fortuna, to the Kings of Belgium, the Princes of Wales and also to some members of other royal families when their vacations have passed in Majorca. When they are kings, queens, princes and princesses of Royal reigning Houses, it can be understood as a certain service to the State .... but in this occasion it is a question of members of Royal Houses that they do not reign or of princesses of low range. They are there more for friendship that for being members of the royalty.

For example, it is very strange that the sisters of the King are in the Fortuna. Infanta Pilar and her children pass every summer in Palma, and nevertheless it is stranger to see them in the Fortuna ... the Infanta Pilar last year was 1 day invited by her brother.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
I read some post of people who was complaining about Infanta Leonor being too much exposed to the medias this summer. I do not share this opinion. In fact, we only saw her in the first days of her family in Mallorca. Then, all the whole Asturias family disappeared, and we were all covered by images of the Queen along with the Marichalars and the Urdangarin's families. I love these two families, but I admit I should have liked to see them along with the Prince of Asturias one...And I wish I could have more pics of Infanta Sofía.

Vanesa.
Yes, very well said. I have to share your opinion because in some magazines the journalists have said the the little Infantas and in particular Leonor have used as a "publicity material" to do forget the " El jueves story" and so others stupidities.

I'm very interesting by the Spain Royal family but I don't need to project me in their hollydays and in the heart of their family to satisfy my interest even the affectionate ones.
Sometimes, I'm very impressed by the the outbursts of someones for the Infanta Cristina's children ( for instance ) that I'm asking to me that they don't have any familial satisfaction to spent so time with a computer and collect so many pics! But it's their rights the more strict and why not if they are happy like that....
Old 08-27-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
The Fortuna, belongs to the National wealth, belongs to the State and the Royal Family can enjoy it.

The Royal Family has invited members of other Royal Families to the Fortuna, to the Kings of Belgium, the Princes of Wales and also to some members of other royal families when their vacations have passed in Majorca. When they are kings, queens, princes and princesses of Royal reigning Houses, it can be understood as a certain service to the State .... but in this occasion it is a question of members of Royal Houses that they do not reign or of princesses of low range. They are there more for friendship that for being members of the royalty.

For example, it is very strange that the sisters of the King are in the Fortuna. Infanta Pilar and her children pass every summer in Palma, and nevertheless it is stranger to see them in the Fortuna ... the Infanta Pilar last year was 1 day invited by her brother.
The Fortuna is an amazingly gorgeous vessel, isn't it? It certainly has the presence of a State vessel. Hence its Latin name is a perfect description. It is wonderful that the Spanish royal family is still having use of this yacht. Let's hope the Spanish state does not get any ideas of copying the British in the decommission of Britannia. Somni is nice, but Fortuna is grand!
Old 08-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Here's one more addition to the beach pics from the weekend

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 08-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Los Reyes se despiden mañana de las autoridades de Baleares con una cena

The Kings say goodbye tomorrow of the authorities of Balearics with a dinner

The Kings will say goodbye of the authorities of Balearics tomorrow with the traditional dinner in the Palace of the Almudaina of Palma, which puts final point to the summer stay of the Royal Family in Majorca and it will be in addition the first official act at which the Princess of Asturias is present after the Infanta Sofía being born.

According to the agenda of the Royal Family, the dinner will be celebrated from 21.30 hours and it is foreseen that Dona Letizia comes, together with the Prince, to this event of an official nature which they will attend, since already it is habitual, the principal political, religious and military authorities of the islands.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you for this information, Lula. I'll look forward to the photos. It seems Felipe and Letizia have secured some private time away from photographers and I am glad for that. Everyone needs to get away from everything once in a while and especially those in the public eye. Good for them.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Royal Highness

Tomorrow we will be able to see the real family to the complete one, I have desire to see those wonderful photos.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Royal Highness

Are the kids coming, or is a "just for the grown-ups" kind of thing?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Are the kids coming, or is a "just for the grown-ups" kind of thing?
It is an official dinner, the children do not represent.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

You have a good point. I certainly wish to see more of Infanta Pilar or Margarita and their families on Yacht Fortune. Just image if Felipe were the King today, his sisters and their families were not see on Fortune anymore, what would others think ?
Infanta Pilar didn't attend Sofia's baptism, I never thought it had much to do with her relation with the Princes. The Princes get along pretty well with Pilar's children. Perhaps she was taking revenge at the Kings who never showed up at the baptism of her grandchildren. On the other hand, Queen Sofia seemed never miss the baptism of the Greek grandchildren even though she had to travel to Greece or Canary Islands. I really wish the Princes had attended Infanta Pilar's birthday dinner in Mallorca this summer, so did the Infantas. Really disappointed that none of them showed up. That probably explained why we haven't seen any of Pilar's children on Fortune this summer.