Old 08-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Slightly bigger pics:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...5/24206172.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...5/24206173.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...5/24206175.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...5/24206176.jpg

I can totally imagine their husbands with their ears red
These four royal women (Rosario, Alia, Cristina, Elena) are really close, very good friends and their husbands are quite close amongst themselves as well, a very good "royal" group of true friends, not for being family or for being convenient, just people who like each other and enjoy each other's company

Old 08-15-2007, 06:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenilynn View Post
Irene is still very small and, particularly in Europe, it is common to see little ones wearing only a bathing suit bottom. As has been mentioned, Victoria Federica has been photographed like that - in fact, I have also seen photos of Princess Victoria of Sweden as a very small girl swimming with nothing on!

No trubbles, it's very frequent to see little baby girl with only a bikin bathining suit bottom. Nobody is saying nothing against that.
May be, we can imagine the reflexions of the tabloïds, but even if this kind of journalism is the archetype of the stupidity, they can't say nothin about that whithout to be ridiculous.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Infantas Elena and Cristina last Saturday, the 11th in the beach. The same day that they were in the Fortuna.

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Old 08-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Diario de Mallorca - Doña Sofía presidirá ´Corsario´, una gala artística organizada por la Fundación Hispania

Doña Sofía will preside ´Corsario´, an artistic gala organized by the Hispania Foundation

Doña Sofía has accepted the presidency of honor of the gala, that will take place Thursday in the Auditòrium de Palma to benefit of the Foundation Queen Sofía, created in 1977 and with beneficial and cultural character

The international dancer Angel Corella, with a foundation with his name dedicated to foment the art of the classic dance facilitating means to the dancers who do not have the resources necessary to follow ahead with their formation, is one of the artists who will participate in the spectacle, that will begin ten at night.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

It seems it's not only Letizia who wears bikini...

SCANDAL: the Infantas now also wear bikini... it must be Letizia's guilt, of course. The strict protocol some people evoked last week seems to have changed... Letizia is such a bad influence...
Old 08-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post

SCANDAL: the Infantas now also wear bikini... it must be Letizia's guilt, of course. The strict protocol some people evoked last week seems to have changed... Letizia is such a bad influence...

You are totally right, What an horrible vew ! Infantas in bikini and more on a public beach!!! I had never saw that since the maja desnuda of Goya ! - and it was not una Infanta but the Duchess of Alba -

It's absolutly sure, it's the Letizia's fault ! What a so bad influence, this plebeyan Princess have on the Princesses of the Blood!! The worts cataplum that I never can imagine !!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Gentry

Old 08-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:

The difference is that Letizia makes a big deal of everything. She wants to be the center of attention and she is the CP. The infantas are who they are...princesses from the day they were born. Additionally, they look healthy and wonderful in their bikini. Letizia is not a bad influence, even if only sarcastic, Letizia lives in a world of her own. I don't think the Infantas need to follow Letizia. They seem to be pretty content on their own. Look at their faces when they are together...then look at their faces, especially Cristina, when near Letizia...yes, she is a bad influence.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
The difference is that Letizia [...] wants to be the center of attention
That's an interesting perspective... she wants to be the center of attentions, so she avoids the crowded beaches and only puts a bikini in a private beach... that makes sense to me.

I feel much more relieved now, thanks!... For a moment, I even thought that wearing a bikini was a normal thing!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Poison always poison! The press have the brief memory, and does not remember that the same photos of the Infantas published last year.

The Princess does not need to do anything in order that the press chases her and overwhelms her .... possibly she would be happy if she did not have always a heap of paparazzi and journalists analyzing up to the last one of her movements. They turn her even into protagonist of topics that do not have any relation with her. She is very discreet, occupies her place ... and it is not her fault that her alone presence catches so many attention.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Commoner

HI!
Princess Letizia do not look for media sensation. She was on a private beach with the Queen. The Queen likes her and that means something. Why do so many people hate her ? I have no idea , she is a perfect mum,a loving wife, knows her duties. Above all she is well educated, polite, modest. Princess Letizia is in the centre of all events because her husband will be the King in the future and what is more, Leonor may be a Queen. People always seek cheap sensation everywhere. It is obvious that people have their rights to dislike Princess Letizia but why the hatred? Spanish people should be proud that their future Queen is from Spain, is very well educated( brave, she was not afraid of going to some dangerous places in the world) and in September 2001 she broadcast live from Ground Zero following the 9/11 attacks in New York( only the best journalist were sent there.) Princess Letizia supports her husband and do not overwhelm his personality like Princess Mary does in case of her husband. In my personal opinion, Princess Letiza is the best future Queen taking into consideration all Princesses in Europe.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

MadziaMarta, thank you for your post, my thoughts exactly. I agree with everything you wrote.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
That's an interesting perspective... she wants to be the center of attentions, so she avoids the crowded beaches and only puts a bikini in a private beach... that makes sense to me.

I feel much more relieved now, thanks!... For a moment, I even thought that wearing a bikini was a normal thing!
I am not going to play a game of words nor do I intend to explain my thoughts; the point here is that the infantas are as relaxed as they can be with their own skin. Letizia is still in training. Whether you like it or not, this is just an opinion...I'm not a royal insider or a journalist and I don't think I need to prove a point. It is just a SIMPLE opinion. Wearing a bikini is a normal thing for SOME people, like the infantas!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Sorry to disagree with others but why is it normal for the Infantas to wear a bikini and not Letizia and then on a private beach at that?

Stellad
Old 08-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Commoner

Hi
I don't understand what training do you mean, Princess Letizia is not Infanta of Spain and never will be, she is The Princess of Asturias. She knows the protocol very well. In my view, Infanta Cristina tries to focus all the attention of the press on her family (during holidays). Roxsteve wrote :[ Look at their faces when they are together...then look at their faces, especially Cristina, when near Letizia...yes, she is a bad influence.]. It prooves that Cristina doesn't know the protocol because she shows faces in front of the cameras.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am going to clarify several things.

To the Infantas until they have not had children it was very difficult to see them in a beach. Probably now for the children is bored to be the whole day in a yacht, and they like to run and to play in the sand. According to the commentaries the press the Infantas were in a beach of difficult access to which the majority of the people comes by ship.

I do not remember the Kings to see them in a beach in Majorca and the Prince either in the last years. It seems that the Princes have gone for the first time this year to a small beach of difficult access near Marivent with Leonor. The King and the Prince live with more important safety measures than the rest of the family, and cannot go to any place.

From the arrival of the Princess and her daughters, the Infantas have been liberated of many of the obligations that before supposed the vacations in Majorca ... for example, already they do not have to go every day to the Cup of the King, go one day, and already they are free, and nobody criticizes them because of it.

On the other hand, in the island and around the Royal Family there is now more pressure of the mass media, especially of the paparazzi of the yellow press, because now the family is interested more for this type of information. While two paprazzi are to a distance of several meters, it does not matter for the Infantas, but when there is great press it is evident that they do not feel comfortable. The first day that went to the Cup of the King, the Infanta Elena got angry because the press was chasing her (it seems that she was going to the bathroom). On the other hand, also there has recovered the photo of family, photo that was not done since Froilán was one year old.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Royal Highness

http://i18.tinypic.com/4yjairo.jpg

Old 08-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Before this thread turns into fight, take a deep breath; drink a cup of tea or coffee.
The thread title is Summer Vacations in Palma de Mallorca 2007. I don't recall changing the title to 'Bikinis of the Princesses'.
To make it more clear - posts continuing the discussion of Elena's, Letizia's or Christina's swimsuits will be removed without notification.

If you wish to continue the discussion, I'm sure you can find much better places either in the Spanish Forums, or in the Fashion Forum.

Spanish Forums Moderators
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope that the information be confirmed and that the Queen should go tomorrow to the concert, maybe with some other member of the family.

Program of the Gala to benefit of the Foundation Queen Sofia offered by the dancer Ángel Corella and organized together by the Royal Foundation Hispania and the Foundation Ángel Corella, on August 16, 2007.
http://www.fundacionhispania.org/programa.pdf
Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenilynn View Post
Irene is still very small and, particularly in Europe, it is common to see little ones wearing only a bathing suit bottom. As has been mentioned, Victoria Federica has been photographed like that - in fact, I have also seen photos of Princess Victoria of Sweden as a very small girl swimming with nothing on!
In the U.S. it is more common to see baby/toddler girls in a swimsuit with a top. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with a little girl being topless. With my own son and daughter, I have to have them wear a rash guard at the beach/pool to protect their very fair skin from the sun. Sunscreen isn't enough for my daughter. (She's had one bad sunburn this summer...blisters.)