Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm reading some pics I'm totally dreaming.
1. For the superb skin make up of the Princess of Asturias, I imagine that every body has recognized the effect of the Guerlain golden moisture, very refined body milk to used when you are tanned particularly for a dinner gala to give to your skin a sublim effect. I recommand to used it because as you can see on the Princess of Asturias it's absolutly superb even on the pics. i confess that I'm using it ( when I'm going after my hollydays in Palma)

2. I don't agree, none of the Infantas can't shown the bad feeling ( if they have ) against the Princess of Asturias because it will totally uncorrect and very bad educated to do it; as you know the Infantas are very well educated.

3. the list of approximations is unlimited

Last edited:
I like the black dress Letizia wore yesterday at the gala dinner but I think it's not appropiated for this occasion, a gala. Too short for a princess, she looks like a young girl going to the disco.
I'm not crazy about Cristina's clothes but she did dress proper, like a royal lady, the same with Sofia, with charme.

I am enchanted to see them all days, but I recognize that them they do not leave calm for anything, in any case of difficult because they are one of the pretty families but of the European royalty.

I like the black dress Letizia wore yesterday at the gala dinner but I think it's not appropiated for this occasion, a gala.

The dinner was not a gala, was a simple dinner ... the majority of the invited ones came with summer dresses of coktail.

The press just enjoys more on women's catfights, especially if it involves Letizia. Poor Jaime has always been ignored by the rest of born royals in the family. I haven't seen a picture of Felipe and Jaime friendly talking to each other for years, they often just completely ignored each other in public (ex. this year's French open men's finals) and nobody said anything.

The dinner was not a gala, was a simple dinner ... the majority of the invited ones came with summer dresses of coktail.

thanks for the comment, Lula.
Maybe it wasn't a gala but I still don't think the dress was appropiated for a princess, too short. Sofia and Cristina were dressed alike and in my opinion, more proper. Just my opinion.

Like I said before: they need to get together and stablish a code dress for ocassions, the Queen and Cristina look like dressed for one ocassion and Letizia for other

If they give each other pointers on how they are all gonna be dressed then I think the whole appropiate/unappropiate thing would dissapear;)

I believe that to the being a dinner and by night, the protocol is clear, dresses of cocktail, this was the line of all the invited ones. The dress or suit of cocktail is flexible enough.

The Queen repeats year after years these suits ... personally I prefer the smooth ones or of degraded colors ... these prints .. they are too much... She only uses them in summer, in Madrid she had dressed a skirt or a dress for the knee.

The Princess was taking a dress a bit more short than is in the habit of dressing, it is a cut a bit over the knee, normally enough. It is not necessary to extract it out of place. All the Princesses use in some occasion this shortly. Not that was taking it below the bottom...

The Infanta Cristina, in my opinion goes excessively dressed ... a too long skirt and jacket ... it is Majorca and summer ... two previous years she had chosen for short dresses and without sleeves ... I believe that more adapted for this summer dinner. I do not understand this change.

At the end of the day the ladies wore what they felt comfortable in. Can't make up my mind about the Queen's outfit (too much of a shiny fabric for me), but I think Letizia looked sassy and Cristina looked too mumsy.

Stellad

I believe that to the being a dinner and by night, the protocol is clear, dresses of cocktail, this was the line of all the invited ones. The dress or suit of cocktail is flexible enough.

The Queen repeats year after years these suits ... personally I prefer the smooth ones or of degraded colors ... these prints .. they are too much... She only uses them in summer, in Madrid she had dressed a skirt or a dress for the knee.

The Princess was taking a dress a bit more short than is in the habit of dressing, it is a cut a bit over the knee, normally enough. It is not necessary to extract it out of place. All the Princesses use in some occasion this shortly. Not that was taking it below the bottom...

The Infanta Cristina, in my opinion goes excessively dressed ... a too long skirt and jacket ... it is Majorca and summer ... two previous years she had chosen for short dresses and without sleeves ... I believe that more adapted for this summer dinner. I do not understand this change.

It's quiet funny because it seems that few people know the difference in a gala dinner with special dress as white tie and gown, a gala dinner with black tie and dress more sophisticated than for a simple coktail and an elegant coktail with dark suit and tie for the men and coktail dresses for the women.

In this case we aren't in this three case above, it's a traditional dinner of departure of the Kings and I'm asking to me if the word " gala" is mentionned in the invitation or if it's only a word of journalists to qualify this dinner, first.

Then, for this kind of diner where all the representants of the institutions of the island of Majoqua, plus some representants of the civil society and active one arei nvited, there is NO specific dress code EXCEPT to wear for the men dark suit even with tie of fantasy color - look as these of the King, yellow one, it's not very protocolar for a "diner de gala"; idem for the prince Felipe's tie: blue pale!-

I have to remember that someones seem to forget : it's a dinner of farewell of HOLLYDAYS and the single dress code is to be correct in the true line of conduct which is the respect of the hosts and the guests. In this occurrency it's totally ridiculous to pretend that the Princess of Asturias 's dress was totally inadecuate while she was totally in accordance with the topic of this event : a farewell elegant dinner in a Royal Palace.

If you analyze the Queen dress: it's something that it's called "pyjama du soir" wich can be very elegant but still a pyjama!!!
IMO the single person who was in the error it was the Infanta Cristina, no because her dress wasn't or so elegant or the opposite but because it dosen't fit her at all. It was at if she had trown an eye in her wardrobe and took the first thing that she has meeting whithout take care of the result. The proof : she wasn't very well make up at least for a dinner a little bite sofisticated.

Last edited:
Adelaide several things...

The agenda of the Royal Family speaks about " dinner of farewell ", never gala dinner.

If they serve my knowledge of protocol , for the type of act and the images that I have seen, the etiquette of the dinner was of cocktail. Men of dark suit and military men of uniform ... women dress of cocktail, and it includes skirt over the ankle or trousers. The 3 were inside the allowed, because the "cocktail" allows enough things.

Last edited:
The Royal Family looked great in the pictures. Princess Letizia was well dressed and I liked her elegant black dress. But it's certain that all the Royal Family ladies should have been dressed in a similar way.

Vanesa.

Adelaide several things...

The agenda of the Royal Family speaks about " dinner of farewell ", never gala dinner.

If they serve my knowledge of protocol , for the type of act and the images that I have seen, the etiquette of the dinner was of cocktail. Men of dark suit and military men of uniform ... women dress of cocktail, and it includes skirt over the ankle or trousers. The 3 were inside the allowed, because the "cocktail" allows enough things.

Yes you are totally right, it's excatly that I'm trying to say in my precedent post. I wrote it was a farewell dinner of the Royal Family for the principal representants of the institucional and civil socity of the island of Palma in fact it means protocolorly that it's a little bite more than a coktail without to be a gala dinner. As it's a farewell dinner after hollydays the signification is very clear, it's exactly as if the Kings and their family invited the persons the most important of the island to thank them for their hollydays at majorca, THAT'S ALL. It's because of that the single protocol is the dark suit for the men and elegant dress for the women - in this case elegant means coktail dress!

As you know in Majorca you can have very elegant and refined receptions private with all the rich tourists who have or who rent properties. The dress code is totally free and some time absolutly tremandous and craisy. But for our dinner the single word of behaviour is the elegancy and the discretion.

To chose a "petite robe noire", so simple but refined as the Princess of Asturias has done was very respectuous for the guests and for her the possibility to show how with an elegant but simple black dress a young woman can be absolutly sexy and beautiful in accordance with the event at witch she is assisting. Remember the "credo " of Mademoiselle Chanel about the "petite robe noire" the main piece of warderobe of all the elegant and refined woman! we have to add that the Princess of Asturias had a perfect make up for her face and her body - as I said with the Guerlain golden moisture, fantastic for the skin when you are tan -

Last edited:
Thanks donnnaK, that's exactly what I mean. It's no effort to do the basics - and I was only talking about basics, not full make up - before you go out and even have to expect your picture to be taken - I don't know any woman who doesn't and it doesn't really matter if this event was private or not. The result is a sloppy appearance that I would not expect from a princess in any situation.

Duke,
I really enjoy your postings. They are always so proper and make lots of sense. You always have something interesting to say!

you too Roxsteve, I like reading you both, very respectful and with a lot of clear ideas:flowers:

I think when people say sloopy are taking about Cristina, I don't like her, She has changed so much, She used to be more simple and Kind, now she seems so rude, vanidous, and hateful, it is my OPINION

By the way, She looked Horrible in the Dinner dress.She looks like a antique clothtable.
The queen as usual, it is her style
Princess Letizia very youthful, looks amazing, She has the body to do it,
There is nothing wrong to wear a miniskirt, it wasn't a Gala dinner at all, it is the way SRF say thanks for all the attention during the vacations.

Others Princesses have worn a miniskirt, and Nobody has said nothig, even some of them who don't have the body to do it, and at the end it doesn't matter.

Princess Letizia look very sexy, and being sexy isn't wrong even for a Princess.

This is what'd cristina wear last year.And the two other pictures You can see Irene and Leonor being so closed but just so far away from each other.

Last year both ladies (L & C) looked GREAT, much better than this year, very nice dresses.

Not only the girls are a bit apart, boy, Inaki looks annoyed, like he wanted to be somewhere else instead :eek:

I think that if photographers saw pictures of the two little girls playing with each other they will just catch the moment right away, but they never get to have that opportunity, they really just don't interact with each other, very strange I must say!!!

Well, until about age 2 or 3, small children really don't interact with each other that much on their own. Parents, older siblings, etc. usually make the initiative for them, or they'll play next to each other. So it's perfectly normal if Leonor and Irene aren't the "best of friends" yet. It will probably be a few years, and we'll have a completely different story!

Juan and Froilan started hanging out a lot about 3 or maybe 4 years ago, before that you couldn't see them together much;)

Well, until about age 2 or 3, small children really don't interact with each other that much on their own. Parents, older siblings, etc. usually make the initiative for them, or they'll play next to each other. So it's perfectly normal if Leonor and Irene aren't the "best of friends" yet. It will probably be a few years, and we'll have a completely different story!

Of course they are too young to do so. Did you see why children of that young age couldn't "interact" between them? They are simply too little. But of course, when they have 5 or 6 they will be the better friends there are in the whole world. :)

Vanesa.

Diario de Mallorca - Doña Sofía visita la colección Dezcallar

Dona Sofía visits the collection Dezcallar

" The exhibition is wonderful and Jorge a marvel ", this way dona Sofía answered to the question of the DIARY of MAJORCA after Coll Bardolet crossing the room that receives the collection of jewels Berbers of Jorge Dezcallar, installed in the third floor of the building of the Foundation.

To the steering wheel of her car and in company of her sister, the princess Irene of Greece, dona Sofía came to Valldemossa to enjoy, during something more about an hour of the exhibition. " It is a pride to share the sample with my village and a happiness the fact that dona Sofía could have visited us ", affirmed Jorge Dezcallar, before be raising to the car of the Queen and Coll Bardolet left the building of the Foundation.

photos
http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemal...07-09-08_IMG_2007-09-01_22:28:37_s26ac001.jpg
http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemal...07-09-08_IMG_2007-09-01_22:28:51_s26ac002.jpg
http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemal...07-09-08_IMG_2007-09-01_22:29:16_s26ac003.jpg

Letizia is very sexy and very tan,:flowers: black is the real colour that brings out her tan, but the dress is to short for the ocassion! Doesn't she has a fashion adviser or does she dress always what she wants?

what do you mean? i think it's obvious that letizia's way of dressing doesn't obey what she wants, but what she is expected to wear as a princess and she likes. the way she dressed before, the way she dresses for private ocassions (what she likes) and the way she dresses for official ocassions (what is appropriate) are totally different. trust me, she is far from dressing with what she wants, but rather what she likes and it suitable for her role. you can like it more, you can like it less, but she never dissappointed or annoyed anyone by dressing inapropriately. this dress was the most "daring" i saw on her. she never comes across as a fashion victim and always sticks to protocol with simple, classic clothes.

Leonor&Irene

All the photos are precious, all the children are a BEAUTY.
Leonor is a very energetic and happy ...beautiful girl :)!!

I think Irene is shy, yes she is shy, but WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? she is increasingly PRETTY:rolleyes:!!

When i see these pics, i always see how much more interactive Leonor is with other kids as opposed to Irene...My experience with children is this: If a toddler is not around a lot of other children, they are extremely interactive when they are...As opposed to a toddler where they have other younger brothers and sisters, they're like 'ah whatever, same ol' same ol'!:D

Also when i see these pics, I rarely see jaime with his wife...not like we see litiz/felipe, who are crazy about each other obviously...I see more of Christina and Inaki together and in a so-called family centered mode...but not much of jaime and irene...just an observations, though i could be entirely wrong...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
you too Roxsteve, I like reading you both, very respectful and with a lot of clear ideas:flowers:

Thanks! It is fun to read so many wonderful comments. I especially enjoy your pictures. Always clear and BIG!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom