Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we not get to see the kids anymore this summer?

Probably. It looks like Elena's family already left Mallorca. According to MariAngeles Alcazar, Leonor will start her daycare next week. If the SRF doesn't cut a deal with the press, I expect the paparazzis will often camp outside her school as they did with Carla when Erika was alive.

Probably. It looks like Elena's family already left Mallorca. According to MariAngeles Alcazar, Leonor will start her daycare next week. If the SRF doesn't cut a deal with the press, I expect the paparazzis will often camp outside her school as they did with Carla when Erika was alive.
Yey! I hope the PoA poses for some pics when they arrive. I really hope the media will cover this occassion, just this first day of school & not all of the days at school, after all, it is the first day of school of an heir to the Spanish throne (until she'll have a brother of course). I can't wait for next week to see the Leonor again, I wonder what she'll wear on her first day to school :flowers:

of course it's possible!! but it's normal that Leonor has more attention from the media because she'll ertainly be the future queen of Spain so all that she'll do in the future will be reported and analized! but I think it's really stupid to compare these 2 beautiful girls! they're only two or almost.. let them to be children:wub:

Oh, I sooo agree with you, both girls are so pretty, just different. :wub:Irene is just as beautiful as Leo- both are just precious and should be treated so and I think within their families they are. You could just see how both little girls have their daddy's wrapped around their fingers and are very loved.
I didn't see the picture of the look but maybe Cristina was just haivng a bad day, I can't imagine how it is for all of them to constantly having their every move analyzed and talked about. I am just thankful that the entire family allows us a little view of their lives and especially their vacations, I don't think there are many royals who allow the public such an insight into their lives during their relaxation and family time. I know I am thankful for all the pictures we viewed this year.:flowers:

How do you know Leonor will begin the school next week?:wub:
do you read it? Did you watched it in the TV?

I agree with donnaK. Princess Letizia is not obssesed with her look. I really like her style.

Cristina's outfit wins a lot in a close-up

And is that glitter on Letizia's legs? along with the baby oil?:eek:

I'm still not much sure about the Queen's outfit:rolleyes:

(IPA)

I dislike Cristina's outfit even more in the close-up. Vertical lines on the top cardigan and horizontal lines on the top underneath??? Yuck. The top underneath almost looks like a casual T-shirt. It doesn't go with the dressier cardigan at all. The three pieces don't go together and the outfit definitely makes her look older than her age.

It looks like sweat on Letizia's legs. Maybe she worked up a sweat by rushing to the dinner?

Sofia's outfit is way too long on top and makes her legs look very short with the scarf tied on the waist and all.

I absolutely love the black dress that Leti wore to the dinner!

Article from El Mundo from the Prince´s visit to an art gallery yesterday:
Los Príncipes visitan la muestra del artista italiano Mimmo Paladino

I think that both Felipe and Letizia looked relaxed and just fine, but tired - maybe they had a late night after the summer ending dinner. It´s nice that they are interested in art. I like Letizia´s natural look, they are on a vacation and in a private act, so she doesn´t have to have as much make up as in an official dinner.

How do you know Leonor will begin the school next week?:wub:
do you read it? Did you watched it in the TV?

An article from La Vanguardia.

No, I think those are not from today, maybe those photos were taken when they attended a concert of Felipe's friend, or maybe before the concert - around that time, about two weeks ago I guess. The dinner pics were the last pics taken in this vacation.
In fact the pics are from yesterday. Letizia just repeated the outfit from two weeks ago.

At first, I did not believe such rumors about the relationship of Letizia & Cristina, but there are more than 3 occassions that there are no interaction between the two, like the 2006 & 2007 vacation photoshoots, they could have at least smiled at each other. And then I've seen a video, it's in YouTube, where Letizia & Cristina did not greet each other yet Letizia greet (hug & kissed) Elena and the other guests. One of the few times that Cristina & Letizia interacted was during Erika's funeral and also Miguel's birthday in Barcelona last year. There's no doubt that Cristina loved her family so much, notice during the photosession this year how she separates from the group so they could have a family picture, just them and only them heheh. I don't know and I am not sure, but I think (only at the back of my mind) there might be some jealousy there.
I agree. We don't know the reason but I doubt Cristina is jealous. No reason for her to be as she knows her position very well. Must be something personal.

thanks Lula for the pictures of their visit to the art gallery!! Letizia looks really tired on those pictures!!!

Duke of Marmalade;659545I said:
agree. We don't know the reason but I doubt Cristina is jealous. No reason for her to be as she knows her position very well. Must be something personal.

But before Letizia, I don't think she had experienced so intense media coverage on another member of the famiy. She (and her family) usually had more media coverage than her sister and she enjoyed being the center of the attention. I wouldn't call her jealous since I don't have a proof, but she did look a bit uncomfortable in the pictures, which were only snap shots, the video seems OK.

Of course, she probably would have looked better with some makeups around the eyes and sprayed her hair. I like Felipe's blue T-shirt, which looked great on him.

Thanks donnnaK, that's exactly what I mean. It's no effort to do the basics - and I was only talking about basics, not full make up - before you go out and even have to expect your picture to be taken - I don't know any woman who doesn't and it doesn't really matter if this event was private or not. The result is a sloppy appearance that I would not expect from a princess in any situation.

As much a i like letizia theres no way i'm going to say she looks good in this pictures.She looks terrible.You can see that she's tired.Maybe Stress from the other night.Can't blame her.I will be stress to if i have to be in the same room with people who hates me and i have to put on a smile just because.But next time girl stay in you're bed.And get rid of those white pants!! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I am just asking a question, so please don't think I am implying anything, but could Cristina be jealous of all the attention shown to the Princley family especially to Leonor. Irene is just a little older then Leonor but there are a lot of people who compare the two and find Irene lacking next to Leonor. Maybe Cristina is just tired of all of that and is maybe a little jealous and misses her brother??? I don't know, this is purely speculation.

I cannot agree with this assumptio: Cristina and Letizia take different places, Letizia is a Crown Princess and a future Queen of Spain, as well as Infanta Leonor. And they will definitely have much more media and other attention.. I guess Cristina is clever and reasonable and a very kind woman to feel all this alleged dislike and jealousy for Letizia.

People do not know but that to say trivialities, they think that Cristina this jealous one, does not have anything to envy less to anybody and to Letizia, she has a precious family, very handsome children, a handsome husband a position
social for being Infant of Spain, I believe that nobody is the one who stops to put in the life of anybody

Last edited:
Diario de Mallorca - Los Príncipes, en el centro Pelaires

The Princes, in the center Pelaires

The Princes of Asturias appeared yesterday to 11.15, previous call of Royal House, in the center Pelaires of the street Verí. One visits lightning that lasted approximately 45 minutes, sufficient to contemplate Mimmo Paladino's work, the Italian Quijote of the art.

Don Felipe and dona Letizia were admiring the pictures and sculptures of the eclectic artist, accompanied by the director of the center, Pep Pinya, and his wife, Isabel Izquierdo. " They have liked very much the exhibition and they have proved to be very interested in the technology of the artist ", comments the gallery owner. Dona Letizia " remained delighted " with the sculptural pieces that preside at the court of the center.

photos
http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemal...07-09-06_IMG_2007-08-30_20:49:02_j70cu002.jpg
http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemal...07-09-06_IMG_2007-08-30_20:49:17_j70cu003.jpg
http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemal...07-09-06_IMG_2007-08-30_20:49:35_j70cu001.jpg

About the Almudena gala diner, what a pleasure to see the Princess of Asturias dress a handsome, elegant and princely woman as she is.

If Letizia is going on in this way is the proof the she is begining to put ahead her own style whithout to pay attention to the ridiculous "victorian" criticizes about her dress at each time that she take an modern allure.

To say that she was in accordance with the gala dinner is the thing the most reactionnary that I never read and to say that both the Queen and the Infanta Cristina had a real look is to have a very old fashioed and restricted conception of a " real look" in particularly when for the Queen, the dress look as a pyjama and the Infanta Cristina as quiet babacool of the Sixties!

When I saw the Princess of Asturias pics, I was saying to me that Letizia is going to have a better confidence in herself against the ridiculous pseudo critirium of a" real lok "!

Her hair is nice because now she has a bob with style although I don't like very mucht that kind of front hair, but she looks nice (however I must say, I cannot help myself, her excessive thinness is again very notorious).

But before Letizia, I don't think she had experienced so intense media coverage on another member of the famiy. She (and her family) usually had more media coverage than her sister and she enjoyed being the center of the attention. I wouldn't call her jealous since I don't have a proof, but she did look a bit uncomfortable in the pictures, which were only snap shots, the video seems OK.

Being a Palma fan/pic collector I can say that the media coverage that the Urdangarin de Borbon family get is astounding, they get much more pics that the heirs of Japan, Belgium, Netherlands put together, if they are walking through the street, you can easily see a set of 25-30 pics of them on that, and more in other agencies; they are one of the most photographed families of the Royal world

In fact, as much as I love them, I wish they were left alone a little bit, there isn't a week where you don't see pics or news about them:ermm:, take for example the croatian holidays, the media found them, even if those were supposed to be private

In other countries we barely see the heir's siblings and their families, in Spain it's a different case, I think Cristina isn't jealous, but in fact, I guess she would like the media to cut her some slack

Last edited:
Being a Palma fan/pic collector I can say that the media coverage that the Urdangarin de Borbon family get is astounding, they get much more pics that the heirs of Japan, Belgium, Netherlands put together, if they are walking through the street, you can easily see a set of 25-30 pics of them on that, and more in other agencies; they are one of the most photographed families of the Royal world

In fact, as much as I love them, I wish they were left alone a little bit, there isn't a week where you don't see pics or news about them:ermm:, take for example the croatian holidays, the media found them, even if those were supposed to be private

In other countries we barely see the heir's siblings and their families, in Spain it's a different case, I think Cristina isn't jealous, but in fact, I guess she would like the media to cut her some slack

You might be right on the media attention on Cristina's family. On the other hand, I think she really enjoyed this type of attention. She didn't have to sit on the public beach often to get photographed, she and her family could go to a private beach in Mallorca to have some privacy. The point I made was that when Letizia or the Princes' family were around, the press focus was on them, that made Cristina a little uncomfortable in the pictures. That was my opinion. The live images looked much more normal than the pictures. So maybe some of us were exaggerating the situtation. They don't live in the same city, probably didn't see each other often. What would be the big problem between them ? I couldn't find any. It's still too early to fight over the fortune of JC and Sofia :).

Besides Jaime and Iñaki aren't best friends and no one is saying something about them, they are brothers-in-law, they get along when they have to, but aren't the buddies that go together everywhere; I guess it's the same case on Letizia and Cristina's relationship, they live in different cities and don't have too many common interests, so they are not like close-close friends

It's just like we assume that Elena hates Letizia for pics like this:cool:

And for the public beach, they did it last year and the year before that; they go and meet some of Iñaki's family, Rosario and Kyril's family, the Lopez-Quesada family, etc; so it wouldn't look good for them to be in a private beach, specially with Iñaki's family like this year;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom