The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
THE SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY INCLUDING KING JUAN CARLOS AND QUEEN SOFIA ATTEND THE REGATTA IN PALMA DE MALLORCA

London Features International Ltd

THE SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY AT LAS GOLONDRINAS HARBOUR IN PALMA DE MALLORCA

THE GRANDCHILDREN OF QUEEN SOFIA OF SPAIN ENJOY THE REGATTA ON BOARD THE YACHT SOMNI

THE KINGS CUP REGATTA AWARDS IN PALMA DE MALLORCA

Thanks for the pictures! I espcially like the ones of the grandkids on the boat. Leonor looks happy to be in with the "big" cousins, and Miguel is really sweet to her.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Yes, then she must be a 2-year-old diva, and one-of-a-kind child, and better than any two year old in this planet. Whether we like it or not, she gets all that attention because of who she is and who her parents are. Are you sure, photographers would follow her because of her personality and beauty if she was not Leonor de Borbon?
Could people please read more carefully before responding? Here is my post you're responding to:

"Leonor's looks and personality make her a god-sent for photographers. Sure, her being the heiress to Spanish throne is the reason why she's newsworthy but it's not the sole reason why she sells magazines."

The whole point I was making is that she's noted first because she's who she is. But if she's not as beautiful, spontaneous and playful, she would get some photos in the magazines but not to the extent she's monopolizing the spotlight as she is.

You have to see all those photo galleries when she appears in an event. Count how many photos "without" her vs. total photos the photographer shot. Hola's coverage of Sofia's baptism was almost all Leonor and it called her "irresistable". Check out the photos from the first day at the yacht club with her parents and grandparents. Count how many photos "without" her vs. total photos taken by the individual photo agency. Her grandfather was a bystander who happened to be in the photos of her.

I didn't say she's better than any other 2-year-olds on the planet. It is my observation that Leonor has the "IT" factor to the wazoo and that's why she's dominating the spotlight. That's all.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
And what a ridiculous comparison with Diana Princess of Wales who was not only photographed because of her title but because of her personality? Well, her title came first and was the basis of all that should come, in this case her personality suited well but no one would have been interested in her if she had not married Prince Charles, believe me.
Read my post again. Of course Diana became newsworthy because she married Prince Charles. But that's not the only reason she sold magazines for all those years. Camila married Prince Charles too. Does she sell magazines? Diana has the "IT" factor to the wazoo besides being the Princess of Wales and that's the reason why she sold magazines. I only used Diana as an example of someone who sold magazines and dominates spotlight for more than her royal status. I didn't intend to compare Leonor to Diana.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
why do we never see the king talking with letizia? even on holidays they seem so far away frome each other. the queen talks a lot with letizia and they seem close but i'm not sure about leti and the king. the reporter Carmen Rigalt said everyone in spain talks about that but newspapers don't dare to mention it.
Did you see a lot of photos where the king talked to his two son-in-laws or was affectionate toware his other grandchildren? JC doesn't appear to be the warm and affectionate kind. But because it's Letizia, that must mean:

a). The king doesn't approve of Letizia;
b). The king doesn't like Letizia
c). The king doesn't like Leonor and Sofia because they are Letizia's children.

People who dislike Letizia need to find justfications for their dislike and the king's so-called "coolness" toward her is just one more justification: "See, the king agrees with me!"
Old 08-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Some of Londonfeatures's photos big

http://images2.image-data.com/images...2/24202625.jpg
Too funny.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
Too funny.
Yes, it is very funny.

In Spain it is a habitual game with the little children " to take the nose from them ", surely someone does it to her and she practises it with her father.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Antena3
(vídeo)

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 08-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia and the King have had some nice and funny moments and some moments of closeness, as you can see from these pictures. I don´t think that the King dislikes Letizia.
From IBL Bildbyrå:
Erika´s funeral
Leonor´s baptism
Bill Clinton´s visit to Spain 1
Clinton´s visit 2
From Isifa:
Regatta last summer (King´s hand on Letizia´s shoulder)
Regatta 2
State visit from Argentina
Old 08-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the London Features fotos--there are some really nice shots. I think the one of the 4 boys looking like they want to somewhere else is really funny. It perfectly captures boyhood!

Much as it seems to anger or annoy certain posters--Leonor is an unusally charasmatic little toddler. Spontaneous, emotive and electric. She is not better than others, but she is unusually charasmatic.

And Felipe...I would venture to guess that he has never been so personally happy--he simply oozes joy and contenment for being a husband and father. It's very lovely to behold.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Courtier

What do you suppose she is learning, because there is a photo of Felipe and Letizia showing her this exact hand gesture, and she seems so serious and intent in this image...

http://images2.image-data.com/images...2/24202603.jpg

I saw some SIPA thumbnails--any one have access?
Old 08-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys View Post
What do you suppose she is learning, because there is a photo of Felipe and Letizia showing her this exact hand gesture, and she seems so serious and intent in this image...

http://images2.image-data.com/images...2/24202603.jpg
It looks like a little hand game young children sometimes play here in the US. It's sometimes taught in Sunday School, where I learned it, to get children to know the church, and sometimes it's just played for fun with parents. It's a nice little game for small children, like Leonor.

The rhyme goes something like "Here's the church, here's the steeple, open the doors, and look at the people." You start with your hands folded and unfold to make the steeple, and the door, and the people. I can't really describe the motions, but it does end up looking very much like a church.

I don't know if they play a similar game in Spain, but it's just what it looked like to me.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Courtier

So many great pictures But I have to say, that Princess Elena`s husband Jamie don`t looks verry happy in these picture, I dont think I have ever seeing a picture when he is smilig.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Courtier

It is obvious that the there are some people in this forum who do not like Letizia so she can do nothing right. If she pays little attention to Leonor they will still complain. I can almost predict what these people are going to say.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Thanks for the pics lula.

This dress is very very pretty and looks great with Letizia's tan - but please can somebody give her some hair conditioner. Being on vacation is not an excuse for a PoA to turn up to events with unstyled hair. Since the new haircut she looks like she bought lots of wash and go shampoo when it was on sale because the advertising promised self styling included, not true, obviously.
I happen to like her haircut and I am sure othres as well. Different people have different opinions.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
why do we never see the king talking with letizia? even on holidays they seem so far away frome each other. the queen talks a lot with letizia and they seem close but i'm not sure about leti and the king. the reporter Carmen Rigalt said everyone in spain talks about that but newspapers don't dare to mention it.
I don't think this has to do with Letizia. The King seems not to be a "family animal" as the Queen and he probably wouldn't show affection towards any other daughter in law. He's a men's man doesn't like to hang around too much with his in laws, probably not much different to other men of his generation.

On rare occasions he does show affection and I think it's towards his daughters most times, he seems to be very close to them, even closer as to Felipe.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post

Too bad Letizia has already lost her maternity weight, she looks much better with a few pounds on...

I agree, but it is better to have her be on the thin side than overweight.

But being honest, I like her dress a lot, it's quite a flattering color and cut for her
I do appreciate your being objective. I know you are not a fan of Letizia but you give her some credit. Also, you don't carry your dislike of her to her children.