The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Delivery of trophies of the 26th Copa del Rey regatta sailing at Bellver's Castle

ANP

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Thanks for the pics lula.

This dress is very very pretty and looks great with Letizia's tan - but please can somebody give her some hair conditioner. Being on vacation is not an excuse for a PoA to turn up to events with unstyled hair. Since the new haircut she looks like she bought lots of wash and go shampoo when it was on sale because the advertising promised self styling included, not true, obviously.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Gentry

On Leonor and Irene: According to child developmental experts, toddlers who are 2 engage in parallel play and there is usually very little interaction between them. Since Leonor is only 22 months old, and Irene has just turned 2, and both are still in diapers and finding out about the world around them, this hardly provides for them to form 'close' bonds at this stage in their lives.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
Letizia and Cristina aren't close, that's a given, for example, when Letizia lifted Irene into the boat she started crying which is most probably because she didn't know Letizia well and got scared; it's not necessarily because they don't like each other, it's more probably related to the fact that they don't have much in common and don't share common interests
Sometimes, it is necessary to fix in the details to give the correct explanation to the things.

Often the press is wrong, and says things that are not, precisely because they are superficial and are not fixed in the details.

Irene does not cry when she goes on to the arms of her aunt, cries when her pacifier falls to the soil and remains without, and because of it when she goes on to the arms of her grandmother she continues crying.

La Princesa Letizia y Doña Sofia salen a navegar con las Infantas Leonor e Irene - Agencia Prisma

It seems the girl charmed with her pacifier, because even today and being in arms of her father, was taking it.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Copa del Rey Sailing Trophy - Ceremony Awards

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 08-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

This is Felipe's friend, right? Not bad, not bad at all
Old 08-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Courtier

I don't think we have said anything "bad" about Letizia. It is the truth. She is always looking or touching or trying to make Leonor's hair perfect or fixing her dresses. I never see Cristina doing that. Not that it is good or bad, it is just different. Cristina seems more relaxed (maybe she is a more experienced, not better, mother). She is calm and her kids seem very calm and easy going. Irene is just as beautiful and seems to be very happy with herself and her pacifier. I don't see what's wrong with the pacifier. She is still a baby.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Royal Highness

I love to Juan!!!
Thanks for the picture is sooooooooooo great
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...3/75963003.jpg

Irene is not less pretty and she is not that outside to shine less but also she called the attention by its short age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
I don't think we have said anything "bad" about Letizia. It is the truth. She is always looking or touching or trying to make Leonor's hair perfect or fixing her dresses. I never see Cristina doing that. Not that it is good or bad, it is just different. Cristina seems more relaxed (maybe she is a more experienced, not better, mother). She is calm and her kids seem very calm and easy going. Irene is just as beautiful and seems to be very happy with herself and her pacifier. I don't see what's wrong with the pacifier. She is still a baby.
Totally in agreement with you, she is a very natural mother.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Probably it is because while of Leonor, the people examines up to the last detail, and her dresses are analyzed all over the world ... about the clothes of the children of Cristina only speaks when they are in pajamas for the street. The level of analysis and exigency is different enough.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Nobility

Leo and JC
http://www.isopix.be/temp/thumbnails...039939-013.JPG
http://www.isopix.be/temp/thumbnails...039939-009.JPG
Old 08-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Aristocracy

All the mothers must be equal? There is a mother model? Because she must behave like Cristina? Obsession? Each person is as she is and each person treats to her daughter to her way and nobody must be discussing this.

I do not see because bothers that Letizia touches to her daughter and is being questioned as takes care of her daughter. If it wants to touch her, since the touch whichever times wants that for that she is his mother. I do not see a sad and bitter girl so that her mother takes care of and is with her; on the contrary I see a safe, likeable and very happy girl. So I do not see the bad thing in the behavior of Letizia; on the contrary I see it very normal.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Copa del Rey Sailing Trophy - Ceremony Awards

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Last year they delivered some of the awards, in the pics this year it seemed like they didn't, does anyone know the reason?

Too bad Letizia has already lost her maternity weight, she looks much better with a few pounds on...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4369/paletys1ov2.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2974/paletys2rn4.jpg
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/484/paletys3oh4.jpg

But being honest, I like her dress a lot, it's quite a flattering color and cut for her
Old 08-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Too bad Letizia has already lost her maternity weight, she looks much better with a few pounds on...
She is not going to be pregnancy always ... and with a girl like Leonor anyone slims.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She is not going to be pregnancy always ... and with a girl like Leonor anyone slims.

Leo running and Letizia chasing her
Who needs to go to the gym? ask Cristina and Elena, they are the slimmest ever now, and it's all because of their hyperactive kids
Old 08-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Leo running and Letizia chasing her
Who needs to go to the gym? ask Cristina and Elena, they are the slimmest ever now, and it's all because of their hyperactive kids
My favorite image would be that of Leonor in Zarzuela, running between military men and men of grey . In Sofía's baptism it was giving the impression of which already she has conquered them ... and they are always so serious.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
My favorite image would be that of Leonor in Zarzuela, running between military men and men of grey . In Sofía's baptism it was giving the impression of which already she has conquered them ... and they are always so serious.
She'll call her partners in crime: Miguel, Irene and Sofia and together they would made a Zarzuela Coup, no one would resist their cuteness together

"I, Leonor, rule thee house!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Nobility

I love Letizia's dress tonigth, it's seems she has a new ring, it seems beautiful
... They have so much fun tonight
Old 08-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
See responses from Roxsteve and Carlota, that pretty much covers what I meant. First of all, Letizia is a "touchy" person, in general. Nothing wrong with that, and it's nice that she's affectionate towards Leonor. But sometimes, as at last year's Marivent photoshoot or some occasions this year, I thought it was too much as she kept touching and petting Leonor all the time and it made me think just leave her be. Being a little more relaxed, eg as Cristina, does not make Letizia a bad mother.

Having been critizised for the past four years finally show an impact on Letizia as her sense for perfection has become an obsession, be it work or motherhood. I wish she was more herself and less focused on what other people might think she's doing wrong.
Cristina has four kids already. Of course she's more relaxed with Irene. Leonor is the first born and Letizia is a relatively new mother. Of course she's fussing more over her daughter. She's more demonstrative with Leonor. So what? Plus, Cristina's kids are not the center of attention as Leonor is. People, especially photographers, not only follow Leo's every move, they are shouting her name everywhere she goes. Leo is less than 2. I can see how Letizia feels Leonor needs more reassurance.

Leonor seems to have gotten used to strangers and cameras at this tender age. She doesn't seem to fear strangers or be annoyed by photograpers as her much older cousins sometimes still do. For a toddler her age, she's much more confident and comfortable around people than her peers. Don't you think her parents may have something to do with it?

As for the "perfectionist" stuff, it seems you believe in everything the tabloids say.