The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 07-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marenostrum View Post
So that you say Sofía that was a shame? because the king was serious and something sad?
Yes, I do think it was a shame. It would have been nice to see The King smile at the baptism of his granddaughter.

I in no way implied that he was wrong for looking like he did. I simply stated my opinion.

I think that you have taken my post the complete wrong way!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-18-2007, 05:04 PM
marenostrum's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 129
Sure Sofía that are your opinion, and the one that I have written, because she is mine. I do not believe that it has taken your post in no sense different from that you have wanted to express, since the word “shame” you have used it first and for me he is excessive. If he would be pretty and desirable that the king smiled in the baptism of his granddaughter, perhaps but he does not do it is because he does not know to pretend and stá contented and the situation does not surpass to him. Perhaps it is not the perfect situation, but I do not believe that it is a shame to express what feels, because then….then that, I am not going to repeat what already there am saying, if judges with as much hardness the king, we are going to use the same measurement for all no?
__________________

__________________
My new blog " Sofía Reina"
http://sofiareina.blogspot.com.es/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 1,010
Well, the part about maybe he was counting the seconds to his vacation was a joke- as this is the thread about the summer vacations.

I don't quite understand what the big deal is about what I said. I'm not saying it because I dislike the King, infact the very opposite. I just think it would have been nice to see him looking happy, like other members of the family.
I'm sure he wasn't unhappy because he has a serious face most of the time.
But looking at the pictures, particularly the family ones, everybody is smiling except for King Juan Carlos. Of course that's not so say that away from the cameras he wasn't all happy and smiling, but I didn't see that.

Sorry if you think the word 'shame' is extreme, but it is the word that came to my mind first.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-18-2007, 05:27 PM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by marenostrum View Post
So that you say Sofía that was a shame? because the king was serious and something sad? Perhaps he was warm, and I do not believe that he thought about his vacations, rather is possible that he was thinking about which stops many, many in Spain if is an authentic shame, and that has caused that every day increases the critics, and that are neither the more nor less than Letizia only appears when it agrees to him, leaves for celebrations and suppers with friends, and nevertheless it does not go to the comunión of his nephew, or to the institutional act in the cuts. Perhaps, only perhaps, the face of the king must to that type of misfortunes, and to the malaise that produces to him that after decades of work, see stagger more than ever the crown. Perhaps, he is " a little " worried for that reason.
I think I do underestand what you'r saying and I think about it too but this is not the right thread to talk about it, but even when my English is far from perfect I want you to keep in mind that shame not only imply "verguenza" but "pena", kind of is a shame hi didn't smile (you could translated as) es una pena que no haya sonreido mas, the idea is not that the King is a shame but that it is a shame that he didn't smile more, got it?.

The King and Queen looks both terrific in those pictures, I like Queen Sofia's clothe a lot, that color looks espectacular on her and hope her leg is doing better, what a difference, relaxed and ready to start the summer, I hope that we have this year a lot of pictures as usual especially from Leonor and Irene to compensate for the lack of Leonor's pictures and I will like to see little Sofia too, until now I think she's a beauty.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks View Post
I think I do underestand what you'r saying and I think about it too but this is not the right thread to talk about it, but even when my English is far from perfect I want you to keep in mind that shame not only imply "verguenza" but "pena", kind of is a shame hi didn't smile (you could translated as) es una pena que no haya sonreido mas, the idea is not that the King is a shame but that it is a shame that he didn't smile more, got it?.
That's exactly right RaniaRocks. Thankyou.

Marenostrum, I did not mean 'shame' as in The King is a shame or a disgrace. I meant it as in 'what a pity he wasn't smiling'. It was in no way a reflection on The King's character or what he may/may not have being feeling.

I hope you understand!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-18-2007, 05:38 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,724
TRH King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Arrive in Mallorca to Commence Summer Holiday
July 18, 2007 - Sant Joan Military Airport
Mallorca Spain

WireImage: Listings
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: olney, United States
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa.... View Post
Well, the part about maybe he was counting the seconds to his vacation was a joke- as this is the thread about the summer vacations.

I don't quite understand what the big deal is about what I said. I'm not saying it because I dislike the King, infact the very opposite. I just think it would have been nice to see him looking happy, like other members of the family.
I'm sure he wasn't unhappy because he has a serious face most of the time.
But looking at the pictures, particularly the family ones, everybody is smiling except for King Juan Carlos. Of course that's not so say that away from the cameras he wasn't all happy and smiling, but I didn't see that.

Sorry if you think the word 'shame' is extreme, but it is the word that came to my mind first.
The ceremeony probably took several hours and the King probably was not smiling at the moment the cameras clicked. There is no right or wrong opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-18-2007, 06:00 PM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,057
El Semanal Digital=
__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanprincipesasturi View Post
Thanks for the video.

The Queen always looks good when she goes casual.
Also, I'm glad The Kings talked with the reporters. Do they usually do that? I don't think I've ever noticed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by marenostrum View Post
So that you say Sofía that was a shame? because the king was serious and something sad? Perhaps he was warm, and I do not believe that he thought about his vacations, rather is possible that he was thinking about which stops many, many in Spain if is an authentic shame, and that has caused that every day increases the critics, and that are neither the more nor less than Letizia only appears when it agrees to him, leaves for celebrations and suppers with friends, and nevertheless it does not go to the comunión of his nephew, or to the institutional act in the cuts. Perhaps, only perhaps, the face of the king must to that type of misfortunes, and to the malaise that produces to him that after decades of work, see stagger more than ever the crown. Perhaps, he is " a little " worried for that reason.
Here we go, it must be Letizia's fault. The King had the same face at Irene's baptism, which was also outdoor in a hot summer evening, very uncomfortable for men in suits. So he must not be happy about Cristina's maternity leave or perhaps Inaki's business deals LOL.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-18-2007, 06:45 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,724
Spanish Royal Family Arrives In Palma De Mallorca

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,724
The King is happy because he is going to dedicate 15 days to sailing, and if he is lucky, and one does not spoil him he will go away one week to hunting ... I believe that this they are both only things that make him happy.

There are little the family photos in which the King is comfortable or relaxed ... it seems that this type of meetings and acts already bore him. It is more this year, there will be again family photo for the pressure of the press ... this photo was not done since Froilán was born until Letizia came to the family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-19-2007, 02:51 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,307
Wonderful, the spanish summer holidays have started, me too I can't wait
to see many wonderful pics with all the children again, maybe the youngest
part of the family - little Sofia - won't be taken to the annual boat trip but
there'll surely be other ocassions for pics!
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-19-2007, 03:58 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by marenostrum
So that you say Sofía that was a shame? because the king was serious and something sad? Perhaps he was warm, and I do not believe that he thought about his vacations, rather is possible that he was thinking about which stops many, many in Spain if is an authentic shame, and that has caused that every day increases the critics, and that are neither the more nor less than Letizia only appears when it agrees to him, leaves for celebrations and suppers with friends, and nevertheless it does not go to the comunión of his nephew, or to the institutional act in the cuts. Perhaps, only perhaps, the face of the king must to that type of misfortunes, and to the malaise that produces to him that after decades of work, see stagger more than ever the crown. Perhaps, he is " a little " worried for that reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Here we go, it must be Letizia's fault.
Well, he is the King, and he could have Letizia summoned up to attend these events, couldn't he? But he didn't and if he is worried about the monarchy in general, there are better occasions to put on a serious face than the christening of his granddaughter.

I think he was just warm and a bit annoyed by Leonor running around and he actually never looks as affectionate as Sofia with his grandchildren.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-19-2007, 07:06 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,724
KING JUAN CARLOS AND QUEEN SOFIA OF SPAIN ARRIVING IN MALLORCA

London Features International Ltd

King Juan Carlos of Spain on board of "Bribon" during the second day of The 13th Breitling Sailing Cup on July 19, 2007 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
King Juan Carlos of Spain on board of "Bribon" during the second day of The 13th Breitling Sailing Cup on July 19, 2007 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
He doesn't look too happy here either, rather tired. He has aged a lot, IMO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 1,010
Thanks for the pictures.
I hope we get to see the Queen sailing with The King, like last year!

The King works hard, (not that other Kings/Queens don't), so I would put that as one of the reasons he has 'aged' and of course the fact that he will be 70 next year.

The women in the family seem to age better than the men, IMO. They seem to look younger as the years pass! Just think about The Queen, Elena and Cristina now, compared to a few years back.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-19-2007, 08:53 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,724
Crown Prince Felipe of Spain on board of "Aifos" during the second day of The 13th Breitling Sailing Cup on July 19, 2007 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Photos
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7554...395D51B5174A51
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7554...87E260A2A3618C
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7554...11928B2DEF6E4D
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7554...8A60D494B27629
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7554...A62979346B03A0
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Kelly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,106
Does this mean Letizia and the infantas are somewhere near?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer Holidays in Mallorca; 2013 Queen Sofia fan Royal Family of Spain 193 10-18-2013 08:27 AM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca; 2011-2012 lula Royal Family of Spain 447 09-05-2012 03:24 PM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca; 2010 lula Royal Family of Spain 274 09-01-2010 06:38 PM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca; 2009 Juanita Royal Family of Spain 302 09-03-2009 02:15 PM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca; 2008 Ccile Royal Family of Spain 492 09-06-2008 08:26 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]