Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When do they give the prizes?

love see all the causins together, just adoable.

I feel the same way. I never see Cristina doing that to her daughter. I think Letizia is somewhat obsessive with her daughter. I know people are going to nail me, but it does seem that way. I'm sure I'm wrong...I hope I am. It seems that she wants Leonor to be perfect for the pictures. It is too much. She is either overdoing it for the cameras or maybe it is her way of being. She needs to relax some!

I agree with you, she's always touching Leonor and sometimes is annoying, she transmit anxiety and sometimes Leonor get rid of her hand or make a gesture like "live me along".

Irene seems like a shy introvert. She's hiding herself. Leonor is an extrovert with a huge personality and presence. Nobody needs to do a thing to "make" Leonor shine. Leonor shines like a super star no matter who's around her. She dominates the spotlight even when her formidable grandfather is around.
Irene doesn't have a chance. I woner whether little sis Sofi will have a better chance.

I'm not trying to make a competition so wheter one or other "have a chance" is irrelevant and I'll judge that by myself, I just wanna to see both playing or interacting, is kinda weird that separation, or maybe just me, in my family we are really close, our kids are like Elena and Cristina kids, glued together.

I'm not trying to make a competition so wheter one or other "have a chance" is irrelevant
Well, you were the one who talked in competition terms, when you said they were hiding Irene, so that only Leonor could shine... seriously :rolleyes:

I just wanna to see both playing or interacting, is kinda weird that separation, or maybe just me, in my family we are really close
Victoria is very close to her cousin Leonor... much more than with Irene or any other of her other cousins... If Irene is a shy girl and prefered to sleep in her daddy's arms, what's the problem anyway?

For God's sake, give them some rest!

I'm not trying to make a competition so wheter one or other "have a chance" is irrelevant and I'll judge that by myself, I just wanna to see both playing or interacting, is kinda weird that separation, or maybe just me, in my family we are really close, our kids are like Elena and Cristina kids, glued together.

On Sunday both were together. But evidently they are still very little, and it seems to Irene like to be more with dad and mom, at least when she is publicly . Today they were all together and Irene was with her father. Still it will have many years to see them together.

Thank you for all of you for the great pictures from today!
I think the attention and affection Letizia gives to Leonor is admirable. When a child gets a little sister/brother, the parents give the baby a lot of time and attention, and the bigger child often gets envious or jealous to the baby. Letizia ensures so warmly that also Leonor feels loved and secure.

I do not believe that Irene is for anything timid, is possible to be verified when he was in the snow in winter was all the day playing, which happens that their parents have been several days sailing with friends and to her they left it with the grandparents and now single wants to be with them.
Irene is the princess of the house for the Urdangarin and the girl of his parents and brothers

Los Reyes presiden la entrega de trofeos de la 26 Copa del Rey de Vela - Yahoo! Deportes

The Kings preside the delivery of trophies of 26 Cup of the King of Sail

The Kings presided this night in the Castle of the Bellver at the delivery of trophies to the winners of 26 Cup of the King of Sail in which they have informed more than one hundred of ships.

At the act there were present the Princes of Asturias and the Dukes of Lugo, with their children Felipe Juan Froilán and Victoria Federica.

Photos
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/efenews/20070804/506984w.jpg

http://www.terra.es/addon/img/feed/deportes/20070804/7216dd39cf1cbg.jpg
http://www.terra.es/addon/img/feed/deportes/20070804/7216dd39c70e0g.jpg
http://www.terra.es/addon/img/feed/deportes/20070804/7216dd399fcf7g.jpg
http://www.terra.es/addon/img/feed/deportes/20070804/7216dd39c596bg.jpg
http://www.terra.es/addon/img/feed/deportes/20070804/7216dd39c6d5ag.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with you, she's always touching Leonor and sometimes is annoying, she transmit anxiety and sometimes Leonor get rid of her hand or make a gesture like "live me along".

There are plenty pictures of Leonor sitting with her grandma away from her Mom.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/759...4AD9FDB9CF19328A71BF6FE301F7DFBEB81F3E63F2867

I don't see Irene playing with Elena's kids. Irene and Leonor are still a little too small. When they are old enough like Froilan and Juan, they might also become buddies like the two boys. Leonor is obvioulsy very comfortable with her cousins Froilan and Victoria, with whom she probably sees alot behind the Zarzuela wall.

How can a mother "overdo" her affection toward her daughter? What is the "right amount" of affection? There is a limit to a mother's love? :rolleyes:

See responses from Roxsteve and Carlota, that pretty much covers what I meant. First of all, Letizia is a "touchy" person, in general. Nothing wrong with that, and it's nice that she's affectionate towards Leonor. But sometimes, as at last year's Marivent photoshoot or some occasions this year, I thought it was too much as she kept touching and petting Leonor all the time and it made me think just leave her be. Being a little more relaxed, eg as Cristina, does not make Letizia a bad mother.

Having been critizised for the past four years finally show an impact on Letizia as her sense for perfection has become an obsession, be it work or motherhood. I wish she was more herself and less focused on what other people might think she's doing wrong.

Every person is like is ... and the important thing is that Leonor is a happy and trusting girl, who feels sure and happy. If Leonor is like is, it is largely for the form in which her parents educate her. Her mother always is speaking to her, says nice things to her so does that she looks everything what is around.

Duke, the Princess as they have said those who knew her before always has been very a perfectionist. It is necessary to to be very difficult for her that they criticize her even for breathing.

For Leonor's misfortune any thing that she does will chase all her life. Her parents must worry very much by what it is said or is commented of her, it is the center of attention. If the girl is good and nice, they will not criticize her, but if she is not, will say barbarities on her or will blame the Princes of being bad parents.

Froilán has had to support the barbarities of the press and the jeers of his companions of school ... the child has passed bad moments... and only for being an a bit naughty boy.

Last edited:
Irene seems like a shy introvert. She's hiding herself. Leonor is an extrovert with a huge personality and presence. Nobody needs to do a thing to "make" Leonor shine. Leonor shines like a super star no matter who's around her. She dominates the spotlight even when her formidable grandfather is around.
Irene doesn't have a chance. I woner whether little sis Sofi will have a better chance.

Isn't that a bit too much to judge a girl who is not even 2 years old, to call her a superstar who outshines JC and has such a huge personality that her cousin Irene doesn't have a chance? Excuse me but we are talking about a toddler who is the center of attention because she is the heir to the spanish throne. I am pretty sure if Irene or any other child was in her position and was presented like her we'd hear the same praise all around on this forum. At the end of the day Leonor is a cute child and the SRF are well aware that the hype around her can be very useful for her parents to gain more popularty or acceptance as the future kings of Spain.

Duke:there's a clue to survive in this forum, never say anything bad or negative about the Princes of Asturias and their children, no matter what happens, ok? People here can't take criticism lightly most of the time, you would think they are Letizia's family or so :lol:

Now, back to the topic at hand, some bigger pics for enjoying cute kids even more:D

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/dagmarnat/CRISTINA 3/HRHPrince_Lalo_14603644_Max.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/dagmarnat/CRISTINA 3/JuanValen_Lalo_14603647_Max.jpg (cutest pic ever:wub:)
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/dagmarnat/CRISTINA 3/75963003.jpg

(Getty)

Isn't that a bit too much to judge a girl who is not even 2 years old, to call her a superstar who outshines JC and has such a huge personality that her cousin Irene doesn't have a chance? Excuse me but we are talking about a toddler who is the center of attention because she is the heir to the spanish throne. I am pretty sure if Irene or any other child was in her position and was presented like her we'd hear the same praise all around on this forum. At the end of the day Leonor is a cute child and the SRF are well aware that the hype around her can be very useful for her parents to gain more popularty or acceptance as the future kings of Spain.

I agree. While it does appear that Leonor has some "leadership" qualities, what we are probably seeing is a girl that is responding to the adulation that is directed toward her. Lots and lots of approval and positive feedback. What child or person wouldn't respond to that?

What it really shows is that how people develop is to a pretty great extent the result of how they are treated. Leonor may not yet know what the word "queen" means, but she already knows what it is like to be treated like one.

Last edited:
Duke:there's a clue to survive in this forum, never say anything bad or negative about the Princes of Asturias and their children, no matter what happens, ok? People here can't take criticism lightly most of the time, you would think they are Letizia's family or so :lol:

Did I say anything bad or negative :rolleyes: That's in the eye of the specator ;) It has always been pleasure to comment on things like boring hairstylings and the lack of own duties and I will continue to do so :ROFLMAO:

The reactions are not different from those who have another persons when the Dukes of Palma are criticized, for example. Even today someone has commented that they conceal Irene, in order that Leonor shines. :bang:

Duke, the reality is that today per today, the Infanta Leonor catches the attention of the press and of great part of the public, like the Princess catches the attention. They are the Princess of Asturias and her daughters, it is normal that they catch the attention. In addition, the Infanta Leonor is pretty, nice and gives spectacle. They are the center of attention, for the good thing ... and also for the bad thing... Everything is centred on them ... and if there are people to that is interested more Leonor's graces that if the King goes 1 º or 6 º in the ditch.

As you say, for the Royal Family it would be easy to use Leonor to publicize ... but they have never done it. With Leonor they do them same that the Royal Family has done during the last 26 years. The week of the Cup of the King, freedom for the press, the rest of August, freedom for the family.

Isn't that a bit too much to judge a girl who is not even 2 years old, to call her a superstar who outshines JC and has such a huge personality that her cousin Irene doesn't have a chance? Excuse me but we are talking about a toddler who is the center of attention because she is the heir to the spanish throne.

She did outshine JC, no wonder JC locked her in the car (just kidding). Except for Letizia's first appearance at the Royal Yacht Club, when were other times when JC walked by without being noticed ? Very seldom I guess.

I am pretty sure if Irene or any other child was in her position and was presented like her we'd hear the same praise all around on this forum.

True. On the other hand, if Leonor had a pacifier on her mouth all day along, not only herself, her parents might have been more heavily criticized. The tabloids probably would have brought out all the professional doctors to prove how wrong for a 2-year-old still sucking a pacifier all day long :cool:.

At the end of the day Leonor is a cute child and the SRF are well aware that the hype around her can be very useful for her parents to gain more popularty or acceptance as the future kings of Spain.

I thought some people here had complained that Felipe and Letizia didn't show Leonor often enough. I don't see anything different as last year in Mallorca.

Last edited:
Well, you were the one who talked in competition terms, when you said they were hiding Irene, so that only Leonor could shine... seriously :rolleyes:

Victoria is very close to her cousin Leonor... much more than with Irene or any other of her other cousins... If Irene is a shy girl and prefered to sleep in her daddy's arms, what's the problem anyway?

For God's sake, give them some rest!

I don't think Leonor and Irene are too close because I think their parents are not too close. Inaki & Cristina live in Barcelona, plus I think the relationship between Cristina and Letizia is not the best, we could see well last year at Marivent and at some other occasions at the beginning of Letizia's pregnancy. Whenever they are at the same event they are not too much around each other. Letizia seems to be much closer to Elena. In today's pic Inaki looks a bit bored and much less enthusiastic as others on the vessel, I think he doesn't enjoy the circus but has to attend at some point as Cristina was not around at all.

Duke, the Infanta Cristina was taking part in the ditch. If you do not know it, since the children of Cristina and Iñaki were born have been the protagonists of this "circus", more than the children of Elena, because Cristina was taking part in the ditches. The ship of which she was forming a part stopped competing and since then it seems that the ditches give her a bit of "allergy". Last year only appeared one day for the nautical one, and this year only has made it last day. She was not even present at the dinner in Puig's honor, which supported the Cup of the King for 25 years and which was paying the ship where she was competing.

I don't particulary like the Princes of Asturias for my own reasons but I like Leonor and Sofia a lot maybe because kids are my weakness point :lol:

I would love to see Irene and Leonor together playing but maybe we are expecting a bit too much from these small kids, maybe (if they are allowed to) they'll grow as close as Juan and Froilan or Cristina and Alexia are, who knows:rolleyes:

Letizia and Cristina aren't close, that's a given, for example, when Letizia lifted Irene into the boat she started crying which is most probably because she didn't know Letizia well and got scared; it's not necessarily because they don't like each other, it's more probably related to the fact that they don't have much in common and don't share common interests:cool:

If people say they don't like the Dukes of Palma or they found them bad looking, annoying and whatever else, well, everybody is entitled to an opinion, there isn't a single person in the world who everybody likes so I guess we need to understand that a bit (I was a die-hard kill-all Dukes of Palma fan but I tamed myself a little, it's not like they are paying me for defending them by sword, fire and blood:lol:)

----------------//--------------------//-------------------//--------------///--------------------///---------------------------///--------

La Chica, I think you're gonna have a hard time choosing the picture of the month in here, but I guess two good finalist would be: Miguel putting his sunglasses on Leo and a photoshoot pic:)

That pic of Miguel is cute beyond words, to him Leo is another little one to take care of and play with, just like with his little sister :wub:

And just for fun:

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/6264/attachmentwu1.jpg
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/8458/attachmenteu4.jpg

:lol: :ROFLMAO: :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom