Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see the ladies' outfits! Letizia's looks amazing :)

Thanks for the pics lula!
Wow, I gotta say that Cristina looks amazing, I really like it when she pulls her hair up! and is that dress new, 'cuz Letizia's is the same from the China Visit

Letizia Looks stunning, one of the things that I love about this girl is that she doesn't need to put too much on for looking so sexy, she is really beautiful.

Bravo, nice photos, they are all very elegant. Thanks a lot!

The banister rails shortest of history: only five minutes Seventeen

authorities of Balearic dismiss the summer of the Kings, the Princes and the Dukes of Palm in the Palace of the Almudaina publicity To D and M To S the Princes will go Monday to the Association of Syndrome of Down PALM. - The Kings of Spain, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía, accompanied by Princes de Asturias, Felipe de Borbón and Letizia Ortiz, and the Dukes of Palm, Infant Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín, dismissed the authorities yesterday of Balearic to the Palace of the Almudaina de Palma after spending a month of vacations in Majorca. They lacked Dukes de Lugo, Infant Elena and Jaime de Marichalar, to a classic appointment of the island summer. Reina Lucia a dwelled loose shirt, whereas Princess de Asturias dressed a white dress in red roses. And Infant Cristina, a white set. To the 21,30 hours they appeared the monarchs to begin the greeting to the main authorities of the Islands. The banister rails were shortest than it remembers: only five minutes. The first which it began greeting to the Kings was president of the Govern, Jaume Matas, that was accompanied of its woman, Maite Areal. Later, it was the turn of the president of the Parlament and mayor of Inca, Pere Rotger, and its wife, Catherine Genestra. Next, Ramon Socías, accompanied by its woman, Dolores Zamora. When the mayoress of Palm, Catherine Cirer, and their husband, Martín Salts, arrived at the room, Cirer, like always, spoke much, mainly, with Reina Doña Sofía. Reina smiled and until it was ed ***reflx mng of some occurrence of the first palmesana edile, who without a doubt returned to request pardon by works of downtown and that, for the next stay of the Kings in the Island, Easter, already will be finalized. Protocol And n the roster of the protocol continued the greeting to the Kings, the commander-in-chief of Balearic, Jose Emilio Roldán; the president of the Superior Court of Justice of Balearic, Antonio Terrasa, next to its wife, the notary Maria Jesus Ortuño; the fiscal head of the Superior Court of Justice of the Balearic Islands, Bartholomew Barceló, accompanied by its woman, Maria Antonia Carbonell. The president of the Consell of Majorca, Maria Antònia Munar, accompanied by her husband, Miguel Munar, conversed moments with Infant Cristina. First They either did not lack the president of the Consell de Menorca, Joana Barceló, and the president of the Consell de Eivissa and Formentera, Pere Palau, next to its wife, Bonet Daisy. Barceló and Palau were of first in arriving. About 40 minutes before the act began, already were in the Palace of the Almudaina looking for their location. Next, several military commands and police arrived at the real seat. It was the case of the general of the Federico, second Balearic head Separate military command Lazaro, accompanied by his wife, Maria Calisalvo Conception. They completed the list of controls, Francisco Javier Jáuregui, head of the naval sector of Balearic and Naval Base of I carry Pi, and its wife, Ana Isabel Calderón; the head of the aerial sector of Palm and Aerial Base of Is Sant Joan, Manuel Ferna'ndez-Roca and its woman, Maria of the Sanz Rosary. Also she was the head of the zone of the Civil Guard of Balearic, Francisco Javier Garci'a and their wife, Conception Roman, and of the superior commander of Police of Balearic, Elicio Amez and its wife, Maria Wake of Jesus Fiahl. He had, also, two representatives of National Patrimony: the president of the Council of Administration of the National Patrimony, Yago Tip of Coaña; and the delegate of National Patrimony in the Palace of the Almudaina, Mercedes Conrado de Quiroga. As menu one used to cold cream of tomato with basil and cheese mahonés. Of second, supreme of denton in its juice with tumbet. Of dessert there was cocaine of apricots with jam of raspberries. Macia Batle Únic 2004, Imperial Reserve 1995 and Jaume Codorniú Special Reserve were the wines. During its stay in Majorca, Don Juan Carlos has arranged its workings to the front of the Headquarters of the State with the rest and the practice of the candle. Thus, the past 31 of July dispatched with the president of the Government, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, with whom will return to meet itself today in the Palace of Marivent, to the 19 hours. Also, the Monarch received in hearing the president of the Balearic Govern, to the one of the autonomic Parlament and to the mayoress of Palm, among other local authorities, and he also met with the president of the Catalan Generalitat, Pasqual Maragall, and with the minister of Outer Subjects, Miguel Moratinos Angel. Also it interrupted his stay in Majorca in several occasions, in one of them, the past 24 of July, to maintain a lunch deprived with the King of Morocco; the past Tuesday, to inaugurate the Congress the International of Mathematics; and Thursday, to meet with the Russian president, Vladimir Putin. The King, in addition, participated in the regata Breitling, celebrated in waters of Portals Port at the end of the last month of July, and in the Glass of the King of Candle, disputed in the bay of Palm at the beginning of August. In fact, all the Royal Family met in Majorca during the dispute of the Glass of the King and later, the 8 of August, put together in the Palace of Marivent, a photographic session that did not take place in the Majorcan summer residence seven years ago. In addition, it was the first time that put infant Leonor de Borbón officially.
http://www.elmundo-eldia.com/2006/08/29/illes_balears/1156802418.html

Wonderful pics. I simply love Cristina's dress, simple, but so elegant and nice, she looks absolutely beautiful, the star of the evening, even if Sofia and Letizia looked lovely as well :) There is another nice pic at Gettyimages showing Cristina entering the room after Letizia, that's very sweet.

Terra.es has some photos of the event, but lula already posted them.

Thank you for sharing the photos and articles:flowers:.

I like the way they look so well, rested and relaxed. I love Letizia's dress, I'm glad she repeted it.

I don't like Cristina's dress though; well I like the way she looks from waist up don't like the below part, makes her look matronly and pregnant... too pregnant... I wonder if:wub:...

I like this Cristina's close-up:

From Hola.es

lula said:
Video of the receipt in The Almudaina

Thank you for finding and sharing the video, lula... The King looks very well and handsome ;).

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/08/29/familiareal-cena/

The Spanish Royal Family says goodbye of Majorca

A dinner offered to the authorities of Palma put the golden clasp to the vacations of the Spanish Royal Family. The Kings, the Princes of Asturias and the Dukes of Palm were the hosts of the party in the Palace of the Almudaina, in which the absent only ones were the Dukes of Lugo, who are in New York. Don Felipe and dona Letizia returned to the island to be present at the event, after enjoying of two weeks of rest removed the means attention.

The elegance returned to be the predominant note in the pomp of the hostesses. The Queen was taking a favouring purple blouse combined with a few trousers in the same scale of colors, whereas dona Letizia and the infanta Cristina chose for dresses, print with flowers and white, respectively. The insular prime minister, Jaume Matas, the president of the Parliament, Pere Rotger, and the mayor of Palm, Catalina Cirer, were some of the guests who tasted a cold cream of tomato with basil and cheese, supreme of denton in its juice and coca of apricots with jam of raspberries.

The "queen" of the summer

Marivent's palace it received at the beginning of month the Kings and the Princes of Asturias, in an appointment that repeats itself every year in the same dates. The certification "reigns" of the vacations she was undoubtedly the infanta Leonor, who, on board of the yacht Fortune, monopolized the caresses and the attention of her mother, the princess Letizia, and her grandmother, dona Sofía. On the verge of expiring one year, the first-born one of the Princes she proved to be very awake and playful in the one that was her first Majorcan summer. Dona Letizia showed herself in this occasion in numerous public acts and followed with attention the participation of the prince Felipe in the Cup of the King, something that she could not do last year due to her pregnancy.

The entire Family met the second week of August, since the Dukes of Lugo and of Palm chose Lanzarote to begin their summer periplus and to share tourism with their cousin Alexia of Greece. The traditional photographic session in Marivent's gardens returned to be celebrated after seven years, the last one was in 1999, and was in this occasion adorned by the pranks and the freshness of the grandsons of the Kings. Only the King and the prince Felipe did a parenthesis in the vacations to expire with some commitments. Don Juan Carlos travelled to Rabat, to meet the king Mohamed IV; to Marbella, for a luncheon with the prince Salman of Saudi Arabia, and to Russia, invited by the president Vladimir Putin, to visit the orthodox monasteries of Vologda's region. On his part, don Felipe travelled to Latin America to be present at the captures of possession of the presidents of Colombia and Peru.

It is a moment now to recapture the official commitments, for what while the King will return to Madrid, after an office with the prime minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, the second one since it began the summer, the Queen and the infanta Cristina will travel to Athens, to celebrate 60 º birthday of the queen Ana Maria. Don Felipe and dona Letizia will remain in their Majorcan residence of Sont Vent up to the next week, since they have an official act programmed on Monday in Palma.

I am charmed with them since(as,like) there go they all but letizia and cristina are the best letizia goes elegant and fresh and cistina very handsome(pretty)

Beutifull dress on Letizia and extra-beautifull shoes (I'm in love, must go and get a pair like this :ermm:, lol :flowers: )

I like the idea of Cristina's outfit, but I agree that it gives her some "pregnant" airs (well, you never know:rolleyes:)

I am glad to see Cristina and Letizia looking so relaxed together. Also, wherever it was that Felipe and Letizia went off to for the last couple of weeks really agreed with them. They look so healthy and radiant!!

Infanta Cristina must lose some weigth!The dress doesn't look good on her because she is not thin and elegant she must lose some weigth!

Last edited by a moderator:
biboquinhas said:
Infanta Cristina must lose some weigth!The dress doesn't look good on her because she is not thin and elegant she must lose some weigth!

:lol: :lol: There cant be many perfect people in your world now can it?
Cristina has had 4 children on top of that she is a broad and tall woman to begin with. She looks great, the dress just does not flatter her

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Cristina needs to lose weight. The dress is not fitted so she looks heavier. It is unfair to compare Cristina with Letizia, they have very different body types. They just two very different tastes in styles. I think both women look relaxed and rested.

well I still think Cristina should lose some weigth, she would really be mutch better looking if she lost some weigth!Many people with 4 child are mucht thinner than she is!

Ennyllorac said:
I don't think Cristina needs to lose weight. The dress is not fitted so she looks heavier. It is unfair to compare Cristina with Letizia, they have very different body types. They just two very different tastes in styles. I think both women look relaxed and rested.

Exact, they are two totally different bodies. Letizia is thin and small. The Infanta Cristina measures enough centimeters more than Letizia and her skeleton is much broader.

Letizia is very thin ... but the Infanta Cristina also is very thin ... does someone remember it in the 80 and beginning of the 90? ... she has lost many kilos since then, plays sports and is always to diet ... she herself recognizes it. The Borbones have trend to put on weight and because of it to support the height they must be to diet and to do exercise. She is very thin for what, and what has been her body. Same the Infanta Elena. They are both thinner now that when they were young, because now they look after themselves more and the aspect has turned slightly more important.

Jesus del Pozo designs , which the Infanta Cristina is in the habit of taking, are in the habit of being geometric designs, with very much volume, because of it sometimes they do a strange silhouette.

Certainly Biboquinhas ... if you want to say that Letizia is very thin say it ... but please, do not speculate on diseases but you have an official communique or a medical report that they confirm them ... let's be a bit more serious, because this starts being disagreeable. I do not believe that anybody liked that they were playing and speculating on his health. The health is a very serious topic, which concerns the most intimate of a person, for very public that is and to use it as constant is afraid of gossip and of critique it is disagreeable enough.

Last edited:
Christina doesn't have to loose weight, look at the pictures where she is wearing a swimmsuit ... she is an women with a normal weight

Leitiza is so gorgeous in that beautiful dress... the quenn also lokks pretty... and Cristina I like it a lot, her dress remember me the dress of Letizia for this dinner last year

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1274&pIdSeccion=9&pIdNoticia=206856

Punctually, as demanded by protocol, the Royal Family (except Infanta Elena and her husband, Don Jaime de Marichalar, whose attendance was initially expected, but who did not attend the reception at last) arrived in the Palau de l´Almudaina, for the traditional farewell reception with the local authorities.

Elegant and very smiling, the King and Queen, accompanied by the Prince and Princess of Asturias and by the Duke and Duchess of Palma posed for the nearly 50 photographers that were assembled in the office. With this act, the royal vacations that began on July 19th have come to an end.

Don Juan Carlos was the first one arriving in the room, while joking with the journalists, because of the excessive number of lights and cameras: "You are just too many!", murmured the monarch with an accomplice smile. Dressed in a simple dark suit and a green tie, the King greeted the reporters and kindly offered his hand to Doña Sofia, who accepted this gentle gesture.

After the Queen (who chose for the evening a large shirt with a floral touch and matching trousers, along with a necklace in gilded colour), the Princes of Asturias appeared. If last year Doña Letizia called the attention for her pregnancy, this time, the thinness of the Princess was the protagonist. Indiferent to the rumours, the Princess chose a pretty flowered dress with a bow around her waist. The showiest complement chosen by the wife of the Prince of Asturias was a pair of vibrant fucsia shoes, once again with high heels, while the heir to the Throne appeared with a dark blue suit.

Another great protagonist of the evening was Infanta Cristina who appeared with a simple white dress in sixties-like style, and surprised the assistants with her radiating beauty, which was accentuated by a flattering up-do. Her husband, Don Iñaki Urdangarín, chose a dark suit that emphasized the fucsia tie, which was matching his sister-in-law’s cloth pattern.

After the greetings, the Royal Family went to the gothic hall of Almudaina, where the dinner was served: a first cold cream plate made of tomato with basil and cheese, a second plate of supreme and, for dessert, cocaine of apricots with raspberry jam. All accompanied by Mallorcan wines.

The King had this afternoon a last meeting with Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, before concluding his summer vacations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom