Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/08/21/duques-palma/

The Dukes of Palm and their children enjoy an enterteining day in the sea

The Dukes of Palm Majorca and their children passed an enterteining sea day in company of their cousins Cristina de Borbón Dos Sicilias and her husband, Pedro Lopez Quesada, whom also their children were accompanying. The vacations of the Dukes of Palma and are bringing over to end and because of it they try to purify them to the maximum.

The children of the infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín demonstrated that they are not afraid to the water and that they do not scare the risk, since four-year-old Michael, and the minor of three children males, threw to high seas from the gangplank of ship of the "Somni" - launch of playtime of the Royal family - turned into this occasion in a kind of springboard. Iñaki Urdangarín was the first one in being thrown from the craft. Later Miguel, queriendo to imitate him, said to his mother who should help him to come up to the end of the gangplank, to be thrown later from it. The one who also enjoyed to ceiling of the sea was Juan Valentín, the major one of the brothers. Pablo Nicolás, on the contrary, could not bath because he was indisposed, but his parents could console him while he saw as his brothers they were enjoying the water.

The children of the infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín are accustomed to the strong emotions. Already they demonstrated it last month when puedimos to see Miguel and Juan Valentín, accompanied by their parents, doing rafting for the brave waters of the Aragonese Pyrenees, a decrease in which the face of emotion of the children was saying everything.

Wonderful pictures! Was that Miguel diving into the water? So cute!

From Lecturas

The Leonor's first contact with the press

Concluded the photographic session the members of the Royal Family approached to greet the journalists. Specially nice it was the iamgen of the Infanta Leonor, in arms of her mom, playing with TVE's microphone the channel where Dona Letizia worked.

The second one is cute! :wub:

Very nice pics, thank you all! :) Leonor has a very relaxed relationship with the press, I hope she can keep that ;) And the pics of Cristina's family on the sea are very nice, the boys are quite brave :)

monica821 said:

Thanks for the scans, monica821. Although I'm still a bit far from 41... I wish that I'd have a body like Infanta Cristina's when I reach that age and I've just finished having 4 kids. She looks great! The article says that she does Pilates... I just might go and enrol in a program soon ;)

Frist of all, sorry for not posting in the last time, but i go in vacation.
Seconde thanks a lot for all the pics they are lovely, is marvelus see a famely with such happy and children... still the wonderful working.

Thanks for those scans sis!
Now we know Cristina's secret:pilates!:lol:

morhange said:
Aww...what's wrong with little Pablo? He looks upset about something. Poor little thing :flowers:

Pablo didn't feel well so he couldn't get into the water like his brothers so his father was conforting him:wub:

Dinner in the Palace of La Almudaina

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/rey_zapatero_palacio_marivent_1051247.htm

(...) On the other hand, the Royal Family will say goodbye of the authorities of Balearics next Monday with the traditional dinner in the Palace of the Almudaina of Palm, which puts final point to their summer stay in Majorca.
The dinner will be celebrated from 21.30 hours and, since it is habitual, there is foreseen that they represent the principal political, religious and military authorities. (...)

Guys I'm back and I'm sorry to say without any royal sightings!:bang: Ah well, I can look at all the wonderful pics here instead! And I agree with you all, Cristina's figure is amazing for a mother of 4 kids!

Is anyone else upset that they let Miguel jump into the ocean without a life preserver? He's only four years old! :sad:

Miguel is 4 years old but he knows to perfectly swim and this watched over its parents. It does not have danger, I do not believe that their parents leave him if outside something bad for Miguel !!!!!

Last edited:
monica821 said:
Miguel is 4 years old but he knows to perfectly swim and this watched over its parents. It does not have danger, I do not believe that their parents leave him if outside something bad for Miguel !!!!!

I think that even if he knows how to swim and his parents are around, he should still be wearing a life jacket. I have just watched on my evening news a story about a father and his 8 year old son who drowned in their canoe. Neither was wearing a life jacket. There was an adult present in that situation and the boy was even older than Miguel is.

Things can get dangerous quickly in the water for a multitude of reasons. The tide can get rough or the undercurrent can be strong. It takes just seconds for a child to drown, and if a child feels that there is trouble, they may not be thinking as rationally as they should and they can panic.

I think it was very unsafe for Cristina and Inaki to allow their youngest son to jump off that boat without a life jacket. It doesn't matter how good a swimmer he is or how many adults there were or how much time he's spent on the water.

You don't jump off a boat with life jacket on. It will kick up and at best hit you chin. We can assume Inaki and Christina are responsible parents and that there is no need to second guess their decisions.

grevinnan said:
You don't jump off a boat with life jacket on. It will kick up and at best hit you chin. We can assume Inaki and Christina are responsible parents and that there is no need to second guess their decisions.

When I was about Miguel's age and was learning to swim, my swimming instructor had us jump off the diving board into the deep end of the pool with a life jacket on. Better to have a life jacket hit you in the chin then to drown, right?

One cant learn to swim properly in the sea with a life jacket on, the position gets all wrong, there are several grown ups and one assumes bodyguards as well. I dont know anyone who learns to swim with a lifejacket on, and noone who uses it when they know how to swim. Sometimes other floatingdivices to help support in the beginning until you are relaxed enough to trust that you float by yourself. If one wants to discuss when to wear a life jacket it is when you are on the actual boat or by the sea, then a fall into the sea and a possible hit to the head can come as a suprise and cause danger and the parents might not be as attentive.

Hello everone just back from spain unfortunately no roal sightings :sad: . O well at least i hav all these lovely pics. Iv missed so much!!

Alexandria said:
I think that even if he knows how to swim and his parents are around, he should still be wearing a life jacket.

I agree with you Alexandria.

Safety Campaigns are meant to allert for dangers that could happen when parents think that no problem could happen because they are there.

I had a cousin who drown in a swimming pool while all family was paying attention, but a few seconds looking elsewhere meant disgrace and pain.

For much extreme-sports lovers Miguel and her brothers are they should pay attention to safety rules.

Also I feel a little worried when I see children act as nothing wrong could happen... I don't think we should raise them in fear of trying things but I wonder how much sense a 4 year-old has to do a jump like this; he needed mum's help to cross the platform (meaning he knew he could fall and hurt himself) but he jumped from it like he could fly and no problem could result from it... oh, sweet inocence!

I guess this jump goes to the galery of driving with a son in your lap that Don Iñaki showed us last year. It was a quiet place, parents were attentive but you just don't do that!

I'm glad that things turned out amusing and funny!

Regards,
mtbcm:)

Tomorrow we will have photos after many days, though only of the adults, I hope that they do some exit more and beech some opportunity more to see the children. At least to see Leonor, which to the rest we will see when they begin the college, and Leonor will return to be "enclosed" in Zarzuela.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/familia_real_ofrecera_cena_despedida_1055268.htm

Royal Family will offer tomorrow the dinner of farewell to authorities

The Royal Family will offer tomorrow the traditional dinner of farewell to the authorities of Balearics, with which concludes officially their summer stay in Majorca.

As reported sources of the House of the King, the dinner will be celebrated in the Palace of the Almudaina of Palm from 21.30 hours, and it is foreseen that represent the principal political, military and religious authorities of the Islands.

Last edited:
Redferns said:
El Mundo 27/08/06

That bad is the envy ¡:lol:

The article speaks about the Island of Cabrera , where the Royal Family goes to the beach. The Island of Cabrera is a Nature reserve, is protected, and only the ship of the King they have permission to throw the anchor in the Island. This article is a critique for this topic. I believe that it does not have felt that they criticize them because of it, because but they went to Cabrera they might not go to the beaches of Majorca, floods of million persons in summer. If they want that their vacations continue passing in Majorca, and publicizing the Islands, at least they must have the privilege of can be calm in a beach.
Certainly, the obsession of the press is curious with Felipe and Letizia, because only he names directly them ... how if the Queen, for example, was not enjoying there taking the sun in swimsuit without indiscreet looks.:wacko:

Last edited:
You are right, lula, the obsession of the press with Felipe and Letizia is very curious.

If I remember correctly, none of the photos we've seen showed anything other than Miguel actually on the boat and then in mid-air, just after he jumped off. There could have been thirty adults in the water wearing life jackets waiting to catch him. I think it is better to give the benefit of the doubt to the good judgment of his parents, when our vision is so limited.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/familia_real_ofrece_cena_despedida_1057500.htm

The Royal Family offers the dinner of farewell to authorities islands

The Kings, the Princes of Asturias and the Dukes of Palm offered today the traditional dinner of farewell of the Royal Family to the authorities of Balearics, with which it concludes officially their summer stay in Majorca.
At the dinner, which was celebrated in the Palace of the Almudaina of Palm from 22.00 hours, there were present the principal political and military authorities of Balearics.

The Royal Family, who for years reaches their summer stay in Majorca with a dinner to the principal authorities, came on 21.30 hours to the Almudaina, where the Kings, the Princes of Asturias and the Dukes of Palm posed for the graphical means.

Inside the Palace, they received the greeting of the guests, between them the president of the autonomic Govern, Jaume Matas; the president of the Parlament, Pere Rotger; the delegate of the Government in the archipelago, Ramon Socías; the mayor of Palm, Catalina Cirer; the president of the Top Court of Justice of Balearics, Antoni Terrasa, and the fiscal chief, Bartolomé Barceló, all with their respective couples.
Also there represented the presidents of the insular consells of Majorca, Maria Antonia Munar; Minorca, Joana Barceló, and Ibiza and Formentera, Pere Palau, as well as the general commander of Balearics, Jose Emilio Roldán, other high controls of the Army in the archipelago and different civil authorities.

The menu of the dinner was composed of a cold cream by basil and cheese mahonés, supreme of denton in its juice with tumbet and coca of apricots by jam of raspberries.
These plates there accompanied on a wine Maciá Batle Unic of 2004, one Imperial Reserve 1995 and Cava Jaume Codorniu Special Reserve.
(...)

Last edited:
Photo from EFE from today's event. Hopefully we'll have some better pictures by tomorrow.

efe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom