Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...sOfIa.... said:
I know Froilan can be hyperactive and boisterous at times but this picture of him is so lovely! He looks really calm and deep in thought lol.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6395/10643dl114571017529lovl5.jpg

Froilán has the reputation, but I believe that it does not do justice to him. He is a naughty child, how any child, but his cousins are equal, only that put face of good. Froilán has grown and every time he is calmer. Another day in the port while he was calm and was his cousin Juan the one that him was giving in the nape. In the photos he was Miguel worse the one that behaved, because he got tired of the photos and sat down.

They are children's things, which happens is that Froilán (really Felipe) was the first grandson of the Kings, always he was a nice child and because of it the press always has centred more on him, exaggerating often the things. Often his cousins also are put in the mess but only they speak about him.

lula said:
Froilán has the reputation, but I believe that it does not do justice to him. He is a naughty child, how any child, but his cousins are equal, only that put face of good. Froilán has grown and every time he is calmer. Another day in the port while he was calm and was his cousin Juan the one that him was giving in the nape. In the photos he was Miguel worse the one that behaved, because he got tired of the photos and sat down.

They are children's things, which happens is that Froilán (really Felipe) was the first grandson of the Kings, always he was a nice child and because of it the press always has centred more on him, exaggerating often the things. Often his cousins also are put in the mess but only they speak about him.

Yes lula, but people always comment on Froilan's behviour. I wasn't saying that he is the only one that is like it, I was commenting on the picture! I feel for him anyway because the press always capture him 'messing around' and rarely any of the others. :sad:

One thing that we need to remember about Felipe (Froilan) is that he is the first grandchild of the family so for a while the only kid among all the adults, that can really make a child to feel selfcentered and behave like everything is possible for him. I dont know if that is the case, but it can explain his attitude, like his famous kick during Letizia's wedding.

biboquinhas said:
Well I really think this was a very informal photo shot so if they Letizia didn't interact with Elena, Cristina, Jaime or Inaki my opinion is that they don't get well along and that's for sure!!!

I think it was an informal photoshoot in that there was no formal posing by the royal court or by the photographers, but it was still formal in the sense that it was formally organized. There was no mixing and mingling of the kids or the adults — Cristina and Inaki stood behind their children, Felipe and Letizia alternated holding Leonor, Elena and Jaime stood behind their kids and the King and Queen stood in the middle.

It's unfair to say that Letizia has problems with her inlaws because she didn't interact with them during this photoshoot. We didn't see pictures of Cristina and Elena interacting either but how come no one is saying that there are problems between the two biological sisters? Why is the problem with the inlaw and the royal born daughter? Neither did we see Felipe interacting with Inaki or Jaime, how come no comments about Felipe having trouble with his brother in laws? Or Sofia having problems with Jaime or Inaki?

It's hard when there is a big group like this and young kids to be minded — Miguel was clearly getting tired and cranky by the end of it all. Nobody in such a position would carry on as if it were a private family gathering.

As for the image of Cristina and Letizia with their daughters in their arms not talking, it was one moment during that photoshoot. The photographer probably didn't even intend to capture any possible "conflict" between Cristina and Letizia but to capture a moment between two moms with their daughters.

The Danish photoshoot at Graasten was similar. A much bigger group in that case since it was the Queen and her sons and grandchildren but also her sisters with their children and grandchildren. We didn't see Anne Marie and Beneditke talking or Alexia and Alexandra talking or Alexandra and Mary talking or Gustav and Joachim or Frederik talking, yet there were no comments about conflict in the family. No one other than Gustav and Benedikte seemed to be talking to Carina, does that mean that they dislike Gustav's girlfriend? No. It was a photoshoot: They were all there to smile for the cameras so that they could enjoy the rest of their holidays in private.

from Olycom

Attachments

• 000003w.jpg
    000003w.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 000004w.jpg
    000004w.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 000007w.jpg
    000007w.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 000008w.jpg
    000008w.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 515
Last edited by a moderator:
If you are around small children you know that if one starts to cry the rest will start as well. Here is a family that is managing to keep seven young children still and relatively quiet so the royal family can be photographed. No need to insinuate that family relationships are on the rocks. Although the photo is informal in setting and clothing, it is still a formal photo of a royal family. The King and Queen with their children and the grand children. No time nor need for socializing during the 20-30 minutes of this event. The photographers are there to do their job - not witnessing a social gathering of the royal family.

Alexandria said:
It's unfair to say that Letizia has problems with her inlaws because she didn't interact with them during this photoshoot. We didn't see pictures of Cristina and Elena interacting either but how come no one is saying that there are problems between the two biological sisters? Why is the problem with the inlaw and the royal born daughter? Neither did we see Felipe interacting with Inaki or Jaime, how come no comments about Felipe having trouble with his brother in laws? Or Sofia having problems with Jaime or Inaki?

The real thing about this discussion is not the photosession itself, the rumour about Letizia and Cristina's problem is a thing people are taking for a while now.It was even commented today in a magazine, el confidential, which i am not sure but it is probably a yellow gossip type. After expeculating about all possible coldness between Letizia and all the other members of the royal family, we can get the point, it is an invention of the press that could be true or not (who knows for sure) but that we cant take for granted.

Ariel said:
The real thing about this discussion is not the photosession itself, the rumour about Letizia and Cristina's problem is a thing people are taking for a while now.It was even commented today in a magazine, el confidential, which i am not sure but it is probably a yellow gossip type. After expeculating about all possible coldness between Letizia and all the other members of the royal family, we can get the point, it is an invention of the press that could be true or not (who knows for sure) but that we cant take for granted.

ElConfidencial, is a digital newspaper, it does not even publish in paper. Always they criticize Letizia, do it for a lot of time, write many rumors and inventions and comment on many things giving false and manipulated information. Last summer they were the whole summer her criticizing and saying all kinds of things. The director does not like the Monarchy precisely, and always they are very critical. Letizia has turned into an easy aim to do critiques.

The curious thing is that always they blame for everything her, providing that they her face another member of the family (that already they her have faced all), always the fault belongs to Letizia. They manipulate well the information to put it how the bad one.

For example, a few weeks ago were criticizing Letizia (that to the Prince they it do not name) because she was not going on holidays with her sisters-in-law. The certain thing, it is that until this year, the Infantas had never gone on holidays together with their families (without the Kings). This year they have done it in two occasions. First they went to ski in Christmas, and the Princes went to Lanzarote (but it was in the different weeks, when they were in Lanzarote, the Infantas were with the families of their husbands). It is evident that with a girl of two months and a woman with a Caesarean that has the sport of the ski prohibited, the Princes were not doing anything skiing. Later the trip that they did to Lanzarote. Coinciding with the Ditch Braitling in which the Prince was taking part.

But in both cases it is a Letizia's fault, which she does not want to go on holidays with her sisters-in-law. This one is the type of arguments that use and manipulate to give the information. Really if they have good or bad relation some with others (because if we examine all like Letizia is examined none was saved) will know it they. Because speculations there are thousands.

I can see they are distant but a I think is mabe the royalhouse give more Important place to the prince family but that things hapened,because they are the crownprince family and the infantas they are only the daughters of the kigs but they are importan to and have a beautiful kids
that is the way I saw.
I love this picture http://img107.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=24176_000015w_547lo.jpg

Last edited:
We should also remember the Princes went to Barcelona back in April to celebrate Miguel's birthday. If they did not get along at all I doubt Felipe and Letizia would have traveled to see them.

I can't believe how beautiful all the children are, each family looks different but each is equally beautiful. The Urdangarin family is just gorgeous. Irene is going to be a great beauty, what ggreat eyes. I really like Pablo, he has gotten really cute. All those children would be really good models for Tommy Hilfiger or Polo. Infanta Elana children are just as beautiful, just different. They have very expressive faces and seem to be really close to their parents.
Of course Little Infanta Leo is so cute and seems to have a very patient personality. I really love this little girl and really even hate to ask but do you think they will do anything to fix her nose?
Thanks everyone for taking all the time to post pictures!!!!

Too much pic of Letizia and Leonor!!!!She's a cute baby, but so Irene , and she don't have spcial attentions!!! I think that Queen and King pay more attention to Leonor than to other grandsoons, who are equally cute and beautifull, and needing more care than the litle one....We can see poor little Froilan with a sad face...

Rebafan81 said:
I really love this little girl and really even hate to ask but do you think they will do anything to fix her nose?

Don't worry about her nose, Rebafan. :flowers: The little spot will disappear with time. My niece had the same when she was born, but above her eye and it disappeared quite fast. I don't know the english name for the spot, but as far as I know it's harmless... :)

patty said:
Too much pic of Letizia and Leonor!!!!She's a cute baby, but so Irene , and she don't have spcial attentions!!! I think that Queen and King pay more attention to Leonor than to other grandsoons, who are equally cute and beautifull, and needing more care than the litle one....We can see poor little Froilan with a sad face...

Froilán is not sad, is angered because he does not like the photos:mad: . If you see well the photos you will see that in none the Queen appears with Leonor. The Queen dedicated time each of her grandsons, but to Leonor not, since there were many photos of her with the girl of the previous days.

Evidently there are more Leonor's photos, and those who will exist in the future. She is the daughter of the inheritor and therefore always she will have more protagonism. Besides, it is important that the Kings appear with the Infanta. For the journalists the image of the Queen, the Princess and the Infanta is an image of future. And the image of the King with his granddaughter was the most awaited.

Last edited:
Then he will be that the Dukes of Palm are very handsome,that for my they are it and for that reason they appear in so many photos, because Elena leaves much less does not seem to you?

Because they are the heirs and others because they are so handsome, piece goes family the one of Infanta Cristina is much people who is interested in them, they like to see them instead of other famous ones.
In the hairdressing salons they have much I exist the magazines in which appear the Palm, that says my friend to me who works there.

They are a handsome young marriage,with cinema children, that it is possible more to be requested for the press?

It does not believe that Felipe do not like I the photos, single that is young and they get tired nothing else,when they are babies are but easy to make them photos but according to they are growing then already they have less patience and they want to play like all the children.

I love this photo :ROFLMAO:
polfoto

Attachments

• ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 293
Here one does not treat that the kings pay more attention to Leonor; simply that the photographers remove more photos from her and her mother; because they are the princess of Asturias and infant Leonor, the daughter of the heir.

In addition I also see photos of the others; so I do not see the problem. In the photos you can see as the queen plays with her other grandsons. And froilan is not sad, single is tiring.

wow mon!:flowers:
Thanks for that pic, Cristina looks so gorgeous and fit and relaxed, she can easily pass for a 30-year-old woman!:ohmy:

I think the Urdangarin family looks like taken straight out a Calvin Klein/Tommy Hilfinger advertising campaign! :lol:
They are all so gorgeous and clean and look like a closed-knit family, I love them!:wub:
And Pablo looks more Borbon every day and gets more gorgeous!:wub:

I truly think there is no problem among the family. I saw Letizia & Felipe interacting with Elana, Jaime & their children and the King & Queen. To be very honest, it was Christina that looked as if she was having a bad day, and was in a terrible mood. The only person beside her husband and children she interacted with was her mother. So I don't think that there is a problem. In fact if you look at previous outings you see that Elana & Letizia do get along well (at least from the pictures) and she is personal with Elana's children. And if there was really a problem do you think they would all be out to dinner together?? Everyone is entitled to a bad day every now and again, too bad Christina's happen to be when it was on a family photo call. Better luck next time.

it is just me or what? i've never seen any pics of the king holding leonor before. . .

elle said:
it is just me or what? i've never seen any pics of the king holding leonor before. . .

that's already been discussed in the previous pages. i think you can refer to that. :flowers: you can see photos of the King interacting with Leonor, but maybe he doesn't feel comfortable holding her. just my opinion.:mrgreen:

i love this pic of Irene. i think she's going to be a charming kid:wub: : http://img107.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=24176_000015w_547lo.jpg

Thank you all for those wonderful pictures.:flowers:

Leonor and Irene are such dolls, and obviously, both of them are Daddie's girls.

And I'm also terribly in love with Pablo, he was, by far, the most smiling of the children

princess gertrude said:
I truly think there is no problem among the family. I saw Letizia & Felipe interacting with Elana, Jaime & their children and the King & Queen. To be very honest, it was Christina that looked as if she was having a bad day, and was in a terrible mood. The only person beside her husband and children she interacted with was her mother. So I don't think that there is a problem. In fact if you look at previous outings you see that Elana & Letizia do get along well (at least from the pictures) and she is personal with Elana's children. And if there was really a problem do you think they would all be out to dinner together?? Everyone is entitled to a bad day every now and again, too bad Christina's happen to be when it was on a family photo call. Better luck next time.

To me it does not seem to me that Cristina had bad day nor nothing of that.That is things ours.:)

Maxie said:
Don't worry about her nose, Rebafan. :flowers: The little spot will disappear with time. My niece had the same when she was born, but above her eye and it disappeared quite fast. I don't know the english name for the spot, but as far as I know it's harmless... :)

Thanks for the info, she is so adorable that I hate to think that something that is curable would cause her issues as she gets older. I worry more about how the press picks the older royals apart, I would hate to have that happen to Leo, she is going to have enough on her little shoulders.
Thanks again for the information.:flowers:

So will Felipe and Letizia and the Infantas continue their vacations in other places now?
Last year at the end of August the whole family went out to dinner together, do you think they will do the same this year? :cool:

I don't think the Infantas will go out of Mallorca now, they already had their private holidays, so now they will probably want to make Sofia veeery busy with their kids... :lol:

As for the Princes I would love to see them over and over, but on the other hand I deeply hope they will go somewhere to have some rest and peace out of the reach of journalists and paparazzi. They have exposed their cutie pie at least 8 (???) times plus the photosession in Marivent, so now no journalist has a right to complain. They will surely go to Asturias to visit Leti's family :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom