Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dagbladet has a photospecial of Felipe, Letizia and Leonor, mostly from the vacation, but some others as well. The pictures are big and without watermark. Beeing a Norwegian paper the last picture should not be a suprise:lol:
http://www.kjendis.no/2006/08/09/473427.html?i=1
article with another big pic
http://www.kjendis.no/2006/08/09/473429.html

Se og hør also has an article, nothing new
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/Europeiske+kongehus/1.130927
and a pictureseries
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/Europeiske+kongehus/1.130927/1.131149

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the wonderful pictures, they all look great and relax. Maybe after this photo session the princes can have a quiet vacation w/o the photographers hounding them.

Ariel said:
Well, we can talk about Cristina not paying too much attention to Letizia and Leonor, but what about Felipe, he is not interacting with any of the children of his sisters and that does not mean that he is not in good terms with them. I think pictures take just one shot moment and we cant jump to conclusions so easily.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/488806-post824.html
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=DL114551_011.jpg
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=259067&d=1155114985

Thanks everybody for the pics, my contribution:flowers: :

source: LFI

http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/reyes/foto/marivent/dn_30050.htm

The King has gathered the whole Royal Family at the Palace of Marivent, for a photo session, during which his seven grandchildren carried out lovely and informal moments.

Don Juan Carlos, hand in hand with his eldest grandson, Froilán, appeared in front of the main façade of Marivent, followed by the Queen and the rest of the family. At the gardens of their summer residence the family appeared with a great sun as scenario, after the storm that has fell over Palma at lunch time had disappeared. The fear of rain has worried the staff of the Casa del Rey, who, after consulting the meteorological forecasts in the morning, have decided to prepare an alternative place for the photo shoot: the Palace of Almudaina, in the historical part of Palma, just in front of the cathedral.

As Don Juan Carlos confessed to the journalists, an inopportune shower has also bothered the whole family gathered outdoors to have lunch. The forecasts failed however and the photographic session could take place in a splendid evening after all, under an excellent temperature, without the suffocating heat that has affected the island during the last days.

The Princes of Asturias appeared with their daughter Leonor in the arms of Doña Letizia, along with Don Felipe, who was just coming from Colombia, where he travelled to attend the investiture of re-elected president Alvaro Uribe.

Irene, who was dressed in full while, like her parents, was excited with the blue microphone of a TV journalist, and was playing with it, for a few moments.

The King and Queen had then played with their little granddaughters, while the eldest children were playing through the gardens. Firstly in a more ordered way, with the King and Queen in the middle of the family group; later in a more informal way, after Miguel, the third son of the Dukes of Palma, decided that there were enough photos and that he was tired.

After the photographic session, the adults greeted each of the journalists, who went to Marivent, and wished them a good vacations.

http://www.elmundo-eldia.com/2006/08/09/cultura/1155074407.html

This is the photo of the Summer: the whole Royal Family posed yesterday in Marivent for the first time since 1999. The image has changed much since that moment and it’s full of children, including Leonor, the daughter of the Princes.

At 7 PM, the King and Queen lowered the stairs with Froilán, followed by the Prince and Princess of Asturias, who were taking Leonor in arms, and the Dukes of Lugo, with Victoria Federica. In then end, the Dukes of Palma appeared with their four children. The whole Urdangarín clan shines an immaculate, Mediterranean white, except for the trousers of Juan Valentin, Pablo Nicholas and Miguel, which were orange. Linen prevails among the Royal Family: Jaime de Marichalar and his daughter are also dressing the same fabric.

Doña Sofía dresses an embroidered shirt, whereas the King remains faithful to himself and to his informal two-colored suits. The heir is wearing a stripped shirt, while Letizia, on the other hand, is merged with the white and pink of Leonor’s dress, who is hanged on her arms.

The Queen, very relaxed and tanned, tours among her younger daughter, to pose for a photo with the football team and asks: "Shall we put any boy here in front", in order to make sure that all the photographers get what they want. And then adds to the head of the Casa del Rey: "Alberto, look for a shade!"

Leonor looks for her father and the Prince kisses her hands, until he ends up taking her in his arms. Irene, the youngest daughter of Infanta Cristina, points to the photographers. She is the only one who had not posed this year in Palm for them. The flashes do not stop.

Four-year-old Miguel, in the meanwhile, gets tired and seats down and Doña Sofía says to him: "You are comfortable there, aren’t you?"

The King approaches the journalists and he greets each of them: "We were worried about the weather. We were having lunch outside and everything got wet", he confesses. The gesture is repeated by the Queen, the Princes, the Infantas and their husbands.

The heir accuses the jet lag from his trip to Colombia and confesses: "I don’t know if I am here or there!"

Infanta Cristina shares with the photographers her surprise for the cover portraying her son and Froilán - hurt in the chin and forehead - and assures that they weren’t hurt together. They are two cousins who are very fond of each other.

Then the family leaves and the clicks are silenced.

http://www.elpais.es/articulo/revista/agosto/Foto/verano/Marivent/elpporgen/20060809elpepirdv_28/Tes/

During the photo shoot, little Irene was the most lively of the children. Her first attempts to speak and her expressivity, pointing and smiling to those who surrounded her contrasted with the tranquillity demonstrated by Infanta Leonor. The daughter of the Princes of Asturias limited herself to contemplate the overwhelmed multitude of photographers. Just in the end she gave some signs of fatigue, and looked for comfort in her mother.

Also the Queen has tried to put order in the group, and asking her grandchildren to pose in front of her for the family photo. Froilán, the eldest son of Infanta Elena, was the first one to get excited when, after a few minutes, she started expressing boredom.

Later, his cousin Miguel chose to seat on the floor, which caused the astonishment of the King, while the Queen was asking her grandson if he wasfeeling comfortable in that position.

The King and Queen will remain uninterruptedly in Mallorca until the end of August, whereas the Princes of Asturias and the Infantas shall distribute their vacation time, between the island and other places of Span. Don Juan Carlos will continue handing his agenda in the Palace of Marivent.

Great articles Elsa, it's nice to see that they can all joke around with the press.

So now the King has no more activites for the rest of August? I know he still has do work in his office, but I mean he hasn't got to travel anywhere or recieve anyone?

julianne said:
Thanks for all of the wonderful pictures, they all look great and relax. Maybe after this photo session the princes can have a quiet vacation w/o the photographers hounding them.
I hope so! I mean as much as I like the SRF I think they deserve some peace now. However the odd picture or 100 would be nice!:lol: If it works I think we'll have a photoshoot to look forward to every year! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ariel said:
Well, we can talk about Cristina not paying too much attention to Letizia and Leonor, but what about Felipe, he is not interacting with any of the children of his sisters and that does not mean that he is not in good terms with them. I think pictures take just one shot moment and we cant jump to conclusions so easily.

I am in total agreement. They all seem very close to each other. Besides wasn't Cristina involved a lot in the relationship between Felipe and Letizia?

Could it be they have nothing to say to each other in public that is why they dont' speak. They are together alot on this vacation so they probably speak and enjoy each other in private.

I surprise that nobody has concentrated on this photo ... it looks like to my me a very nice photo, for what it is in the face of the 4 ... there is serenity, happiness, complicity...If they had taken the a bit better moment it would be a photo to guard and to see in the future .. though in this case probably it had lost the spontaneity...:)

http://www.20minutos.es/galeria/1420/0/2/

...sOfIa.... said:
So now the King has no more activites for the rest of August? I know he still has do work in his office, but I mean he hasn't got to travel anywhere or recieve anyone?
For the present time, in the agenda there is nothing programmed, but to they make the agenda of the Royal Family every week public, not with many precedence. What is sure is that at the end of August the King will meet Zapatero in Marivent the 30 of august, and the Royal Family will come to the receipt with the authorities of the Balearic Islands. If there is some act or arises slightly already we will see it.:D

Ah ok thanks lula. I've asked this already but we've only seen her once, where is the Queen's sister? Usually she accompanies Sofia everywhere but not this year. :huh:

...sOfIa.... said:
Ah ok thanks lula. I've asked this already but we've only seen her once, where is the Queen's sister? Usually she accompanies Sofia everywhere but not this year. :huh:

The Princess Irene is in Majorca, but she is not in the habit of appearing in this type of familiar appearances (Last year appeared in that photo of the ship but it was not strictly an official photo of the Royal Family). There are images of Irene in the birthday of the Infanta Pilar in Majorca, and I saw a few images in television (there are no photos) where the Queen, the Princess Letizia and the Princess Irene were going in the Somni.

Ariel said:
You mean Felipe interacting with his brothers-in-law? There were a few photos with him and Pablo, I believe.

lula said:

Thanks Lula, I havent seen those pictures, but in any case what I wanted to say is that even when we dont see certain things in pictures, it does not mean that they dont happen, it is quite difficult to know what is really going on just by the pictures. We cant expect that everything is great between them, but we can be sure that things are much better than some people try to suggest.

These are wonderful pics!! I never saw them before. Leonor is getting more and more beatiful every day, and I can said the same about Irene.

I do not think that you can judge the particular human relationships between the different members of the Royal Family of Spain, only watching a photo. I do not think that Letizia is in bad terms with the Infanta Cristina, or the Infanta Elena's family

Vanesa.

photofan said:
I think this pic espc is sooo HORRIBLEE!!! why wouldn't they talk to each other!!!!

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=01015288.jpg

I had the same reaction when I saw this photo. It is obvious that Irene is interested in seeing Leonor. When Irene did this with Alexia's son, there were cute photos of Cristina/Alexia and Inaki//Carlos with the two babies reacting to one another.

[I think that the detachment of Cristina and Letizia began at the time of Leonor's christening when Cristina and Inaki looked angry during the whole event. Then the same aloofness of Cristina and Letizia at Easter 2006 and again at the meeting with Pope Benedict. Something isn't right. :sad:]

Lindy said:
I had the same reaction when I saw this photo. It is obvious that Irene is interested in seeing Leonor. When Irene did this with Alexia's son, there were cute photos of Cristina/Alexia and Inaki//Carlos with the two babies reacting to one another.

[I think that the detachment of Cristina and Letizia began at the time of Leonor's christening when Cristina and Inaki looked angry during the whole event. Then the same aloofness of Cristina and Letizia at Easter 2006 and again at the meeting with Pope Benedict. Something isn't right. :sad:]

The picture just looks like two mothers who are attentive to their own squirming little daughter. Cristina angry at Leonor's christianing? I think some people just have too active of an imagination. :ermm:

remember the night of Leo's christening?
it was also Iñaki's birthday and they all went (including Letizia and Felipe) and had a blast so I don't think there's any bad blood between them:flowers:

Lindy said:
Can you post them? I have yet to see any pictures of Letizia and Cristina interacting in the last year. I think there is some bad blood between them. It's very sad.
I really think that too

Ariel said:
yes that's correct but if Filipe interact with their children sisters once in a while Im sure that all photographers will take some good pictures of it!And I have never see just one!

Well I really think this was a very informal photo shot so if they Letizia didn't interact with Elena, Cristina, Jaime or Inaki my opinion is that they don't get well along and that's for sure!!!

Well, after the "bad relationship" idea didn't pass with Sofia and Letizia, after it didn't pass with JC and Letizia and/or JC and Leonor, now we're going to dig up a "bad relationship" between Letizia and Christina (and, in case if this theory breaks apart, between Letizia and Elena) :dry: :ninja: :bash: ?????

Come on people, why can't you simply enjoy those pics without making any conspiracy theory :rolleyes: ?

Lunalu said:
Well, after the "bad relationship" idea didn't pass with Sofia and Letizia, after it didn't pass with JC and Letizia and/or JC and Leonor, now we're going to dig up a "bad relationship" between Letizia and Christina (and, in case if this theory breaks apart, between Letizia and Elena) :dry: :ninja: :bash: ?????

Come on people, why can't you simply enjoy those pics without making any conspiracy theory :rolleyes: ?

i agree with what Lunalu says, although i'd have to give it to those who think there might be bad blood between Cristina and Letizia because sometimes, photographs portray a message or impression other than what it had intended to give out. and looking at the photos you can see a considerable distance between the two. but, i'll pull myself (and hope that others will follow too) and refuse to believe any impression/doubt/rumor about any disagreement or dislike between the members of the SRF, as we don't know them personally to say with conviction that there really is something bad between them.

peace out everyone! :cool:

More pics from Polfoto

Last edited:
Pics of the dinner with Kiril and Rosario, from Polfoto.

...sOfIa.... said:
I still have a soft stop for Miguel, he's such a little punk! His face makes me laugh as he often looks angry.:punk:
And I love the whole "fantastic 7":lol:, it's too hard for me to choose my favourite kid. It'll be such a pleasure to see them growing, playing with each other, going to school, choosing university and studies, having girl/boyfriends... Although I would like them to be always as small and cute as now :ROFLMAO:

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=01015288.jpg
Okay, I don't think we should judge about Cris and Leti's relationship only basing on this one picture. Who knows, maybe 2 or 3 seconds later after this pic was taken, Cristina heard Irene "talking" to Leonor and turned to smile to Letizia, but none of the pfotographers caught it... We have here a few pics of Felipe having fun with Pablo, who is laughing and certainly likes his uncle, so if anything was wrong between two ladies it wouldn't happen. Moreover, we could see how fantastic relationship Sofia and Letizia have, they spent a few days together watching the ditches. Sofia could look a bit angry or sad about her daughter and Leti if anything was wrong...

Last edited:
DeadlinePress release some more pictures from Prisma agency (so it's very possible they're the same ones from seegerpress, only in bigger size & less watermark)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom