Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the wonderful pictures, hope to see more of infanta cristina's kids.

Dear Purple Platinum -- thank you for the picture of the King and Princess Letizia. I had not seen that one -- we don't get a very wide range of pictures of royalty here in the United States. Doesn't look like he objects to her too strenously, judging by the picture!! :>)

I think that he loves all his grandchildren and wants that to remain private. You don't see prince phillip cuddling and playing with his grandchildren. People just seem to want to makeup stories that cause pain to letizia that is a shame.

Ariel said:
This is a very tough topic, if it is true, shame on him, if it is another of the dozens of rumours made to discredit Letizia, shame on people who create them.
Yes, because after all that's his granddaughter and she's just a baby.
But im really sure those are rumors again.

BUT HOW MANY PICTURES ARE FROM THE KING HOLDING LITTLE LEONOR?.

NO ONE I GUESS.

Mari_* said:
Yes, because after all that's his granddaughter and she's just a baby.
But im really sure those are rumors again.

Chabelita said:

NO ONE I GUESS.

There are few photos of the King with his grandchildren, and more being babies. Probably with Froilán that was the first one ... later some joke, some gesture, some kiss ... but little more. Neither I believe that there are in general many photos of other Kings with his grandchildren.When Irene was born he was criticized for being late many days in being going to visit her.

Very little it comparing with the Queen Sofia, but the Queen always has been charmed with the children. Besides, up to these summer vacations only there was one Leonor's photo in arms of her grandmother.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/fotos_gente/2006/08/07/index_5.html

HOT FAREWELL.

The Princes of Asturias were specially affectionate in the delivery of prizes of the Cup of the King of Vela, celebrated on Sunday in Palm. It would be the farewell, because a few hours later Felipe de Borbón was travelling course to Bogota to be present at the investiture of Álvaro Uribe as president of Colombia.

Last edited:
When do you think we will get to see the pictures from tomorrows photoshoot?

...sOfIa.... said:
When do you think we will get to see the pictures from tomorrows photoshoot?

The session of photos begins at 7 p.m., so we hope that for the 8.30p.m. - 9 p.m. already we will have photos. :)

Chabelita said:

NO ONE I GUESS.

Some men aren't comfortable holding babies. I know that the King held his own children when they were babies, but perhaps he feels awkward holding Leonor.

There are also no pictures (to my recollection) of the King holding Irene either. Does that mean that he dislikes Inaki?

Just because there are no actual pictures doesn't mean that the King dislikes Letizia or Inaki or doesn't love Leonor or Irene.

lula said:
Neither I believe that there are in general many photos of other Kings with his grandchildren.When Irene was born he was criticized for being late many days in being going to visit her.

Very little it comparing with the Queen Sofia, but the Queen always has been charmed with the children. Besides, up to these summer vacations only there was one Leonor's photo in arms of her grandmother.

On this note, I also think that the King is more comfortable with his grandkids when they are older. There are many more pictures of the King joking around with Juanito, Froilan or Pablo, or holding hands with Victoria.

Some people get along very well with all kids, while others get along with babies and some with older kids. The King doesn't seem like someone who might coo and fawn over babies but who would more likely have a joke to tell or tease older kids.

I think the King loves all of his grandchildren very much but relates to them in a different manner than the Queen.

There was actually one photo of the King lifting Leonor during the Easter mass in Mallorca on a magazine (Lecturas, I think). Why is there only one, beats me. In addition, he also carried Leonor inside the Club Nautico a few days ago as been written, but there were no photos again. Why were there no photos, beats me again. In short, just because we don't see any visual proofs do not necessarily mean that he has no "amor" for Leonor.

Just recently there was a lovely photo of Letizia embracing the King on his boat before the first sailing competition and it certainly looked affectionate. I don't recall the King lifting Leonor during the Easter mass but he did lift up Irene outside the entry to the church. I think we have to be very careful about rumors.

from sipapress-isifa

Attachments

• is_12533272.jpg
    is_12533272.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 155
  • is_12532149.jpg
    is_12532149.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 157
  • is_12532153.jpg
    is_12532153.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 182
  • is_12529783.jpg
    is_12529783.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 170
  • is_12529782.jpg
    is_12529782.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 170
  • is_12529781.jpg
    is_12529781.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 152
  • is_12526886.jpg
    is_12526886.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 173
  • is_12527229.jpg
    is_12527229.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 181
  • is_12527238.jpg
    is_12527238.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Have i missed something what post number is this r umour in? Sorry hope its no trouble :ermm:

Also i liked the informal dinner pictures, show very close family. Did anyone else think Rosario looked g orgeous but perhaps a little overdressed as everyone else was in jeans?:rolleyes:

Queen Sophia is beautiful and best grandmother his grandchildren. I am see out Queen Sophia is love pretty grandchildren Leonor.!!! Leonor is pretty and beautiful!!!! They is big royal family of Spain and Crown Prince Felipe big hug Letizia on photo and he is love his wife!!!!! Queen Sophia and King Juan Carlos have many grandchildren on summer Vacations in Palma de Mallorca!!! Thanks you many photo on royal family Summer and big photo on Felipe and Letizia is best couple royal of family Spain.!!!!

Jose said:
Queen Sophia is beautiful and best grandmother his grandchildren.

Oh I agree. She is really tender lovely with her grandchildren. Sometimes some people accuse Queen Sofia of some distance and coldness. This pics show clearly how warm she is. I like also to see the friendship between Froilan and Juan Valetin, they will be good pals in future!

Another pic of them (by Hola.com)

Last edited:
Which are the plans of the royal family for the rest of the vacations? when are they going back to normal activities?

Ariel said:
Which are the plans of the royal family for the rest of the vacations? when are they going back to normal activities?

There is no news about what they think to do, not on when they return to Madrid.

The King does not go on holidays, changes residence; it is a different shade. They have the free time of the vacations, but the King continues being employed at the office and attends to some private meetings and official acts. This article explains it.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/485070-post482.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/485071-post483.html

The vacations of the authorities in Spain are in August, but the Kings are in the habit of advancing their movement to Marivent to July in order that the King is present at the Breitling, and to receive all the local authorities. Normally they are there until ends of August. At the moment it seems that there are no any more official programmed activities, and that now they begin the real vacations.:rolleyes:

profimedia

Attachments

• 42-17163579.jpg
    42-17163579.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 42-17165630.jpg
    42-17165630.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 144
http://www.elmundo-eldia.com/2006/08/08/cultura/1154988004.html

Last chapter in this regatta novel. Letizia, in all her facets, is the unquestionable star of the Royal Family. Present or absent, she is always matter of conversation.

2004 will remain in the history of the Island as the year Letizia experienced the Mallorcan waters for the first time. It was on the second day of the Breitling regatta that the Princess was seen on board of the Somni, waving to the photographers, along with her niece and one of her nephews: Victoria Federica de Marichalar and Juan Valentín Urdangarín.

In 2005, the CAM won the cup, but without the participation of the Prince in the regatta. Reason: the pregnancy of Letizia. The Prince and Princess were the protagonist of one of the most expected moments for the fans of the Spanish family: their afectinate hug, on board of the Somni.

In 2006, the question would be: will Infanta Leonor outshine her mother? The answer is no. Both are tied up. This summer will be remembered like that one when the Royal Family has not given rest to the journalists. The King, Queen and the Princes of Asturias have let themselves be photographed in numerous occasions by the Nautical Club: at the inauguration of a photographic exhibition, during the Copa del Rey, even the Princes have received the Golden medal of Sa Pobla.

The Infantas have joined later and, during the last days of the competition, little Juan Valentín and Froilán showed their hurt foreheads and chin. Nothing serious… those blue-blood children also are get hurt.

The most commented by the yellow press was the thinness of the Princess. Last August 1st, she appeared at the warm Nautical Club wearing a cardigan, despite the 35 degrees of temperature... perhaps to hide some part of her body.

And next year, what will it be?... The second baby of Letizia and Felipe; the fifth child of Cristina and Urdangarín?

Leonor’s photo gallery in 20 Minutos:
http://www.20minutos.es/galeria/1370/0/22/

Elsa M. said:
http://www.elmundo-eldia.com/2006/08/08/cultura/1154988004.html

The most commented by the yellow press was the thinness of the Princess. Last August 1st, she appeared at the warm Nautical Club wearing a cardigan, despite the 35 degrees of temperature... perhaps to hide some part of her body.

It is curious ... two days later the Infanta Elena appeared with a similar jacket ... what would have to hide she? ... that the Queen hides with her shirts of long sleeve?...To criticize for criticizing how always...With the easy thing that is to think what we all suffer quite the days ... while out it is hot, inside the cars, in the shops, in the closed places ... the air conditioning is to very low temperatures and the contrasts are horrible...this way there are many people with cold in summer.:wacko:

--------------------------------------------------------------

VIDEO

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/146623/0/vela/premios/principes/

The prince Felipe gains a trophy in the Cup of the King of Vela

Last Sunday there took place in the castle of Bellver the ceremony of delivery of prizes of the Edition XXV of the Cup of the King of Vela. Since every year the Royal Family was the manager of don Juan Carlos granted the trophies, in fact did delivery to his son of one of the awards.ç

The prince Felipe accompanied of his wife dona Letizia, who was dressing very elegantly and of black, did not stop doing confessions to his wife during the celebration.

For their part the Dukes of Lugo were accompanied by their two children, who followed with many attention the delivery together with their grandparents.

Last edited:
Emily said:
Just recently there was a lovely photo of Letizia embracing the King on his boat before the first sailing competition and it certainly looked affectionate. I don't recall the King lifting Leonor during the Easter mass but he did lift up Irene outside the entry to the church. I think we have to be very careful about rumors.

I'm not spreading rumors. Here I looked it up for you.
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2710/pronto29zi.jpg

Do you read Spanish, or do I have to translate it for you too?

planetcher said:
I'm not spreading rumors. Here I looked it up for you.
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2710/pronto29zi.jpg

Do you read Spanish, or do I have to translate it for you too?

My goodness -- that's a bit caustic planecatcher! I perhaps could have been clearer that my reference to "spreading rumors" had to do with the rumors about the king not liking Letizia and Leonor but I don't think it called for such a terse response. And I am fluent reading and speaking, Spanish.

From reuters via yahoo

Attachments

• r2399671142.jpg
    r2399671142.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 546
  • r2314365769.jpg
    r2314365769.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 615
  • r3481079126.jpg
    r3481079126.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 380
  • r3543604255.jpg
    r3543604255.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 380
  • r2119425529.jpg
    r2119425529.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 362
  • r1623553863.jpg
    r1623553863.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 363
  • r507683259.jpg
    r507683259.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 389
  • r4236423365.jpg
    r4236423365.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 355
  • r379941713.jpg
    r379941713.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 290
  • r2189932826.jpg
    r2189932826.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
well well well.. looks like the royal family listen to us after all. we're looking forward to pictures of the King interacting with leonor & letizia.. and what've they given us? great pictures!!

Photo from Terra.

Seems like orange is the color of this summer! :p

7208516ac15d0g.jpg

Can we see pictures of Leonor and Irene actually interacting with themselves? i'd LOOOVE to see that picture...

8 AGOSTO 2006

After a parenthesis of seven years, the gardens of Marivent have returned to fill of bullicio for a new photographic session of the Spanish Royal Family during their summer vacations in Palma de Mallorca. And the result has been glad and amused pictures like those of that summer of 1999, but infinitely more populating, due to the incorporations of Princess de Asturias and her first-born, infant Leonor; of the second daughter of the Dukes of Palm, Victoria Federica, and of the four children of the Dukes of Palm, Juan Valentin, Pablo Nicholas, Miguel and Irene.

The caresses of the Infanta to the put
King That last one had as protagonists in the middle of the present real group: the Kings, its three children, infants Elena and Cristina with its respective spouses, Jaime de Marichalar and Iñaki Urdangarín, and prince Felipe, as well as the first grandson of Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía, the small Felipe Juan Froilán, that a snapshot waste did the delights of the press giving of his first passages by the palace gardens. But the boy monopolized almost all the flashes well, Doña Cristina also took control of another good part of such, because of his avanzadísimo been of gestation – gave to light the 29 of September to its first-born, Juan Valentin. The family grew..

Seven years later, the fifteen real members have put for mass media, but also today smallest they have been the true kings of the photographic session. Specially, infant Leonor, the benjamina of the family and the heiress of the Heir, that it has flattered to the world with its more tender photographies together its grandfathers, the king Don Juan Carlos, to that it caressed affectionately.

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/08/08/familiareal-marivent/

More from ANP

Attachments

• 3332739.jpg
    3332739.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 275
  • 3332949.jpg
    3332949.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 356
  • 3332997.jpg
    3332997.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 288