Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to see that Froilan and Juanito are so close.

These videos are nice to watch! I love to see Leonor, she is so much cuter (if that's possible!!) in videos than photos. I would love to know what happened to Felipe and Juanito :lol:

...sOfIa.... said:
These videos are nice to watch! I love to see Leonor, she is so much cuter (if that's possible!!) in videos than photos. I would love to know what happened to Felipe and Juanito :lol:
Juanito fell down, Cristina said. :)

...JuAnItA... said:
These shoes must be very comfortable! Many members of SRF use them!
In fact, Leonor and the Queen has this shoes in different colors.
The Queen has that shoes in: red, white, blue, cream... i think that's all. And Leonor has in: red and white.
BTW, thanks for all!! :winkiss:
The boys had them today as well:):
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=257809&d=1154704113

Thanks for the videos, agm!!! During the 2nd one Cristina said what happened to Juan and Froilan, but I can't catch it. Did anyone understand it?
EDITED: ok, now I know, thanks Juanita.

...sOfIa.... said:

It seems that Juan damaged these days in the ship sailing, and Felipe fell of the bicycle.:wacko:

Someone has commented on something on Victoria's face. I believe that the girl gets bored, to be a girl between so many boy it is in the habit of turning out to be boring. Both in Lanzarote and in Palm always she is next to her mother. According to the article that Elsa has translated, the girl played with the little Leonor in the Club Naútico while her brother and her cousin they were running there. Later she went away with the Queen, the Princess and Leonor in the car. It seems to me that she enjoys more exercising of major cousin, that supporting the pranks of the boys. :blush:

agm said:
What a circus:unhappy:!!! They are like gorillas... nice gorillas:) in a cage. Some of the videos show that they are not always comfortable and they for sure show that some of the pictures are just an appearance for the press. It is just a big show:wacko: They should learn from the Dutch, Norweigian and Belgian Royal families. One or two photoops and then get lost!!! The way the SRF is continuieng letting the press in, there will be no!! return, no peace, in the future. They get caught in thier own game:sad:

I know you people(me too) loves every moment of it, but it is going to be your(and othrs) hunger for moments in Filipe amd Letizias life, that is going to be thier misery in the future. You know the comments "they look so unhappy" and so forth:sad:

I love Juan and Frolian. You can tell that when they get together they are trouble. Can't wait to hear about their antics when they're teenagers!

thanks for those videos!
Getty HQ:

Last edited by a moderator:
...JuAnItA... said:
The Queen has that shoes in: red, white, blue, cream... i think that's all. And Leonor has in: red and white.
Even Felipe has them. I don't think they look good on men. They are too girly!

http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13rc7.jpg
Here is a picture of Felipe with the sandals. Yuck!!

more Getty HQ:

...JuAnItA... said:

http://s2.supload.com/free/th_14796_23940839_411lo.jpg/view/http://s2.supload.com/free/crey4456bm8.jpg/view/http://s2.supload.com/free/th_14813_23940859_521lo.jpg/view/

BTW, thanks for all!! :winkiss:

I confirm, it's very confortable shoes, I have them in many colors ( as I spent sometimes in Palam every year)....They are not expensive a lot ansd now, may be because the Spain Royal Family you have a good choice of colors:rolleyes:

If I understand, in reality today th Somni didn't go on the sea and stay at the port, we cab see Victoria going home to the Marivent with her aunt Letizia ans her cousin Leonor. What do you understand ?

fromEU said:
What a circus:unhappy:!!! They are like gorillas... nice gorillas:) in a cage. Some of the videos show that they are not always comfortable and they for sure show that some of the pictures are just an appearance for the press. It is just a big show:wacko: They should learn from the Dutch, Norweigian and Belgian Royal families. One or two photoops and then get lost!!! The way the SRF is continuieng letting the press in, there will be no!! return, no peace, in the future. They get caught in thier own game:sad:

I know you people(me too) loves every moment of it, but it is going to be your(and othrs) hunger for moments in Filipe amd Letizias life, that is going to be thier misery in the future. You know the comments "they look so unhappy" and so forth:sad:

Every country is different. Before the Royal Family was doing the put one, and was taking part the first week of August in the Cup of the King, and the summer rest they were spending it calm. Now it is more difficult, though it continues happening, after Tuesday we will see fewer images.
The Cup of the King is accompanied of this "show". The Royal Family appears this week and later they make them calm (it supposedly because they never make the Princes calm).

The Royal Family goes 30 years passing the summer in Palm, and 25 years taking part in the Cup of the King. They were in the habit of passing the summer with relative tranquility ... but the wedding of the Prince and everything what has come later, and the degradation of the attitude of the press in the lasts years, it has worsened this situation.

But the press in summer lives in Palma and in the Balearic Islands. Not only the Royal Family, there are many important and famous people, and the press does not move of there in every August.

It is a situation troubles for them, but this is only a part of their vacations. The images of the family resting in Cabrera we never see them, do not even see what happens inside the Palace, and to the press many friends' meetings escape from them.

Spain is a tourist very important destiny. Persons of the whole Europe spend their summers vacations in Spain. The Princes of Norway or the Kings of Jordan have passed summers in Majorca; and several royal families have travelled to Majorca invited by the Kings. Famous figures of the whole world pass their vacations in the Islands Baleares, as Michael Douglas or Claudia Shiffer. Spain and Majorca are different from other royal destinies.

Last edited:
fromEU said:

This is true and I think that the press should cut them some slack! However the SRF are extremely popular and the spanish people like to see them.
I think the RF DO try to get away from the press. For example, last year Queen Sofia had to ask the photographers to leave her and Letizia (I think it was Letizia) ,alone as they folllowed them everywhere! Also the other day Queen Sofia told the press 'no photos'. It must be stressful for anybody who knows that there will we people wanting to take photographs of them everywhere that they go! As you can see though, they are a very approachable family and I think letting the photographers have access to them in the summer is their way of 'staying in touch' with the Spanish people. (Even if they do sometimes look slightly uncomfortable)

I do not agree with your opinion that it is a 'big show'. But we are all entitled to our views :flowers:

Sofia

Last edited:
Great pictures everyone! I love the orange headkerchief Victoria is wearing. The thing I've observed about this family (among the many) that I love is that they are such keen photographers, too. I love that while the summer is a great chance for us to see the family relaxed and enjoying themselves through many pictures, the parents (especially the Queen and Elena) are usually busying capturing pictures themselves because for them it's also the memories of their children and grandchildren growing up.

I also think that this is one of the most beautiful pictures of Elena I've ever seen. It's so natural and I love that she's laughing in it.

Crisińaki, your HQ pics from getty are such a treasure, they are sooo big we are able to see every single hair on Leo's head or pattern of her dress. Thanks!!! :flowers:

I love them too. Thanks crisiñaki you rock :punk: :) :flowers:
And thanks to agm for posting the videos! I saw them all i love the one where Letizia is saying "adios papa" is the sweetest. And the one where Felipe and Leonor are rubbing their noses is priceless :) :flowers:

Yes, we can said it's a circus. But it's quiet an obligation for the RSF ( very good analysis) to accept this perpetual agression. Remember the two last year with Letizia, it was very bad interpreted her wishes to desapear during some days to avoid this " circus". Even the serious press want to see th SRF. In my opinion, more the personalities themselves, it's the symbol of this famoly whom it necessary for all spagniards.

It obvious that they like their Royal Family and they dont want that the habit of the proximty is changing. I think that it's very good on political level even it's very boring for them.

What is your opinion ?

Many, Many thanks Crisiñaki for the super bi shoys, marvellous work !

lula said:
Every country is different. Before the Royal Family was doing the put one, and was taking part the first week of August in the Cup of the King, and the summer rest they were spending it calm. Now it is more difficult, though it continues happening, after Tuesday we will see fewer images.
The Cup of the King is accompanied of this "show". The Royal Family appears this week and later they make them calm (it supposedly because they never make the Princes calm).

The Royal Family goes 30 years passing the summer in Palm, and 25 years taking part in the Cup of the King. They were in the habit of passing the summer with relative tranquility ... but the wedding of the Prince and everything what has come later, and the degradation of the attitude of the press in the lasts years, it has worsened this situation.

But the press in summer lives in Palma and in the Balearic Islands. Not only the Royal Family, there are many important and famous people, and the press does not move of there in every August.

It is a situation troubles for them, but this is only a part of their vacations. The images of the family resting in Cabrera we never see them, do not even see what happens inside the Palace, and to the press many friends' meetings escape from them.

Spain is a tourist very important destiny. Persons of the whole Europe spend their summers vacations in Spain. The Princes of Norway or the Kings of Jordan have passed summers in Majorca; and several royal families have travelled to Majorca invited by the Kings. Famous figures of the whole world pass their vacations in the Islands Baleares, as Michael Douglas or Claudia Shiffer. Spain and Majorca are different from other royal destinies.
Of course every country is different. But what the SRF is doing is not!! for their own good in the future. They are slaves to the press:sad:

i have a question

it is rare to see the infante and letizia together for this kind of photograph in the moments of relaxations the infantes are together and letizia with the queen or the children but I ask for your opinion because I have surely ideas

fromEU said:

I think the SRF spends a few minutes posing for pictures the press and maybe ordinary people then they go about their business. The Spaniards seem to like that they do this, and that all that matters.

adelaide said:
What is your opinion ?

All that is a bit complex.

The press is one more element of something that is much bigger and complicated. The press and its attitude is a problem, because the preference of a part of the press is not to report but to do business. Every time they are less objective and more lies are invented ... but this isn´t a summer problem but of 365 days of the year.:wacko:

In Spain, the place where the Royal Family passes their vacations, is an almost a question of State, is a political and economic question.
Spain is the second country of the world that more tourists gets, only behind France, what the tourism is one of the bases of the economy of the country.
If the Royal Family spends the vacations in a place, this place it receives a promotion and increases their benefits. There where the Royal Family goes, the tourist business will grow. The Balearic Islands are the second tourist destiny in Spain, and the image of the Royal Family benefits them every year ... it is an unpayable advertising.

fromEU said:
Of course every country is different. But what the SRF is doing is not!! for their own good in the future. They are slaves to the press:sad:

Yes, perhaps they are, but if they try to restrict the amount of access the press has to them, don't you think that it will be a promt for negative comments from the media about the family? Esepcially Letizia, I am not a huge fan of hers but I can imagine the comments now about how she is not giving enough access to herself or Leonor. :wacko: Anyway, it is only usually in the summer months when they take their holidays that the press go 'crazy'.
As it has already been said, the Spanish people like to see their royals and maybe in the future Felipe and Letizia will decide to change the way the press is handled. But for now, I don't think that there are many problems!

Last edited:
The thing is that journalists doesnt't have the same access to the SRF as other families grant every single day of the year, you don't have pics of Felipe and Leonor in a friend's wedding or pics of the Queen doing "everyday" things other than holidays; sure, you have pics of all their public acts but not pics like you have of Infanta Cristina, Infanta Elena and their families; Leonor is not the most photographed child in the world usually 'cuz her parents don't take her out much so when she's outside, the media becomes crazy!

Your are totaly right in your explanations and I 'm sharing it. That I want to add is today we have the direct proof that the SRF and by this way the proof that the monarchy is not quiet totaly dead in Spain.

More, I noticed that this year as the Princes had mad some true efforts to be smiling in front the Press showing Leonor as far isposible, it's them who win the fight. May be they are slaves of the situation, but it's an unconvenient linked to their position. I repeat, for me it's a big proof of the love of spagniards for his Royal Family and that is very important.

I'm sure that the Princes are going tos take some holidays far away Palma during some days and may be they are going a little in Asturias, I hope for them!

crisiñaki said:
The thing is that journalists doesnt't have the same access to the SRF as other families grant every single day of the year, you don't have pics of Felipe and Leonor in a friend's wedding or pics of the Queen doing "everyday" things other than holidays; sure, you have pics of all their public acts but not pics like you have of Infanta Cristina, Infanta Elena and their families; Leonor is not the most photographed child in the world usually 'cuz her parents don't take her out much so when she's outside, the media becomes crazy!

Exact Crisiñaki. For 30 years, August, it has been the opportunity to see the relaxed Royal Family, in family and enjoying. To see these images of the Kings or the Princes in Madrid is impossible. Because they cannot develop this type of life, there they have a very controlled life.
Palma is a place of rest, is smaller and easy to control. There are images in the city or in the port ... but for example there are no images in the beach ... and they go (but the press does not have access). They are controlled, but it is another form of life, more relaxed.
Nothing has prevented that the Kings continue doing their life in Majorca ... not even two attempts of murders ... the press is not going to achieve it.

The press and the way of doing journalism have changed, and have changed for worse ... 30 years ago in Palm there was a limited group of journalists who were entering Marivent, inside the Palace without problems. Last year one of them was admitting that nowadays it would be impossible. For example, in the Cup of the King, there are more than 400 journalists.

http://www.elidealgallego.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Render&inifile=futuretense.ini&c=CSINoticias&cid=1154474180988&t=NoticiaCompleta&edicionnav=1028218396342&arglink=nolink

THE PHOTO OF THE FAMILY ROYAL

/FOR FERNANDO JÁUREGUI

Logically, the Royal Family is always an object of speculations. It is interested. Their Majorcan vacations, any ship, walks along the old hull, they wake the natural expectation up, among other things because it is the only opportunity in the year to see closely and without protocols to a family that is not in the habit of showing beyond the rigid ceremonial one.

The photography of the Royal Family to the complete one seems to the complete one to be recomforting, though some absence gives food to rumors of all kinds. That one of the infantas could or not to separate of her current husband enters even inside the statistical normality. I confess monarchic for time (better this that to have a president of the Republic of Partido Popular and a chief of the Government of the PSOE, for example; a tie, with that it is in the habit of falling down between them) and believe that that the image of the small dona Leonor with her parents, the Princes of Asturias, is encouraging. It is necessary to admit that don Felipe and dona Letizia do an effort of approximation to the people who passes for the streets. An approximation to the normality in a country in which the politicians and the famous ones shelter increasingly in inaccessible refuges.

Clear that it is not absent those who think, and say, that it is going to turn out to be very difficult that the one who will take the title ofFelipe VI manages to reign in Spain, and let's not say already his daughter. I have never understood the reasons of this pessimism, or of this zeal of perfectly unnecessary change now and in a country that, not being monarchic, for nothing is republican. Yes I believe that Felipe de Borbón would have to accede to the headquarters of the State in a reasonable period of time, suppose that by means of an abdication of the King Juan Carlos, in these moments in mint condition of physical and mental and capable health of tutelary the first steps of his son as monarch.

There are things in the life of a nation that there need firm and wisely calculated steps. In Spanish, so lucky Monarchy for so many concepts, these steps have been given in itsmoment, who knows if for intelligent calculation, for brilliant improvisation or for pure chance. I have for me that in the next months this Royal Family so difficult to photograph the complete one will have to go thinking of confronting these changes modernizadores that I have been thinking about watching - only about watching - in the equal young woman of the Princes of Asturias, who know that the times have changed already, and much.

Last edited:
:clap:You rule, Dear TRF mates!:clap:

The merit on this GREAT thread is not due to the nice way of SRF handling the press but the way you keep us informed and updated with the news, photos (HQ pics were very appreciated, crisiñaki) and videos day after day... I Thank You All very very much:wub: !!!!

I see Leonor is already familiarized with Mallorca and she no longers frowns when spotting all the fuss around... in dad's arm she even smiles, that pic of her looking to the sky is priceless, kind of ironic look...

I loved the Queen and Infantas' pictures together on board, nice, tender and motherly. When Q Sofia is in Mallorca with her family she looks incredibly young and fresh... And boys:rolleyes: , well boys look like boys, this age's albums are always filled with pictures with bandages somewhere ...

I see Victoria looks as close to Letizia as she was before Leonor birth, we can see her in the video always close to her aunt and Leonor... Victoria looks really motherly, when she's in the car she looks anxious to get away from there and arrive home... so she can play with Leonor, maybe :flowers:.

But I am very dissapointed with you, girls. Don Jaime made an effort to show and not even a single mention... You are bad, ahahahahah! :w00t: If I was him tomorrow I would replace the polo for a trendy shirt with matching scarf:ROFLMAO:

I wish you all a great weekend... Have Fun!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom