Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
TM King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia are about to set foot on Mallorcan soil for their Summer vacations next July 19th. In the meanwhile, the security system is already prepared in Marivent to receive the Borbón clan.

Take a look at this newsletter to get descriptions and photos of Marivent and Palma de Mallorca, and prepare to sit in front of your screen to enjoy this exciting season, with a glass of orange juice in the hand.

King Juan Carlos and Prince Felipe have already expressed their wish to participate in the Breitling Regata (that will take place from July 19th through 23rd). In addition, father and son will also be at the helm of their Bribón and Aifos, during the Copa del Rey Sailing Trophy (which is celebrating its 25th anniversary).

And last, but not the least, may you also enjoy the best vacation yourself! :)

Last edited:
Information about Breitling Regatta

http://www.regatabreitling.es/bienvenidos.php

The 12th Breitling Illes Balears Regatta will be held on the waters of the Bay of Palma de Mallorca, from 19th to 23rd July 2006, both dates included, organized by the Club de Regatas Puerto Portals (CRPP), with the support of the Real Federación Española de Vela (RFEV), the Federación Balear de Vela (FBV) and the TP 52 Med Fleet Association and, the sponsorship of Cronomar S.A. (Breitling watches). The Government of the Balearic Islands and the Town Council of Calviá (Mallorca) are also collaborating in the regatta.
The regatta is included at the RFEV Calendar as an International Event and a High Level Regatta.
The regatta is also included in the 2006 Breitling MEDCUP TP 52.

Ship Name BRIBON
Constructor Name JOSE CUSI FERRET
Vela Number ESP-7553
Patron Name S.M.JUAN CARLOS DE BORBÓN
Club R.C.N.SANXEXO
Country ESP
Stilleter Cookson Boats. Nueva Zelanda
Designer Farr Yacht Design
Boiter Mayo 2005

Ship Name AIFOS
Constructor Name ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Vela Number ESP 7352
Patron Name JUAN CARLOS RODRIGUEZ TOUBES
Club C.N.Regatas
Country ESP
Stilleter Cookson Boats. Nueva Zelanda
Designer Farr Yacht Design
Boiter Junio 2005

Ship Name FRAM
Constructor Name H.M. KING HARALD V
Vela Number NOR-12000
Patron Name H.M. KING HARALD V
Club
Country NORUEGA
Stilleter
Designer Farr Yacht Design / Spring

I hope that Princes of Asturias will choose also other parts of Spain to take some rest, not only Palma de Mallorca. :rolleyes:

The Kings delay to a day their arrival to the island to eat with president Fox

Although its arrival was predicted for the next Tuesday 18 of July, finally, the Kings have had to delay to a day the beginning of its vacations to attend a lunch in the Zarzuela with the president of Mexico, Vicente Fox.
According to she has been able to know this newspaper, the agenda of activities of Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía has undergone some modifications in the last days due to unforeseen expenses. Thus, Their Majestys will offer a food to the Mexican president who will go with his wife, Marta Sahagún de Fox. To amuerzo it is predicted in addition that they attend Princes de Asturias after his official trip by China.
In spite of this delay, in Marivent already they have prepared all the unfolding of security. It is not necessary to forget that, as much the King as prince Felipe, has showed their desires to participate in the regata Breitling that place in Puerto Portals between the 19 will take and the 23 of July. In addition, father and son also will be to the front of the Loafer and the Aifos, respectively, in the Glass of the King of its 25 Candle that celebrates anniversary.

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1230&pIdSeccion=9&pIdNoticia=198016

Last edited:
Such a cute invitation, Elsa!:D

I think that the Princes will also go there quite soon. Felipe has sailing competition and then, July 24th they had an act there. Felipe flies to Peru on 28th:confused:

Last edited:
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Such a cute invitation, Elsa!:D

I think that the Princes will also go there quite soon. Felipe has sailing competition and then, July 24th they had an act there. Felipe flies to Peru on 28th:confused:

Really the vacations for the politicians in Spain are in August. The Royal Family moves their residence to Marivent in the middle of July to take part in the ditches, but from there they move to some official acts. The King receives in the first days all the authorities of the Balearic Islands and of Palma de Mallorca,and he receives to beginning and the ends of the month the Prime minister. The Prince already has had to retire more than once his vacations to travel to Latin America.

One question, is the Azur de Puig gonna participate at the Breitling Regatta?

Another question: is there a list for the King's Cup? does it have cathegories like Tornado or Dragon?

Thanks in advance:)

Last edited by a moderator:
crisiñaki said:
Another question: is there a list for the King's Cup? does it have cathegories like Tornado or Dragon?
I have looked and it seems that still there is no list of participants in the Cup of the King, I imagine that for the next week.
http://www.copadelrey.com/inicio.asp?hl=es

" Azur de Puig " the ship of the Infanta is of a category different from the "Bribon" of the King, not it is Transpac, and because of it it does not take part in the Breitling.

For what says this article, it seems that finally the Prince of Asturias has had to take a decision and to leave his friends. Last year the Prince did not take part in the Cup of the King, on one hand to be with his pregnant wife ... but also because he had to choose between two ships, and it did not have to be agreeable. The Prince began to compete in ships of the Spanish Navy, the Sirius and the Aifos, but during a time the Navy stopped competing, and the Prince went away to the ship CAM, where he had very good friends. Last year the Navy returned to compete with a new Aifos, and the Prince met obliged to choose between the friendship and to enjoy the sport, and the obligation with the military. It seems that once again, even in vacations, the duty and the obligation prevails. Personally, it seems to me to be unjust, because the King is the Top Chief of the Army, and he competes with his friends and not in the ship of the Navy. :confused:

lula said:
I have looked and it seems that still there is no list of participants in the Cup of the King, I imagine that for the next week.
http://www.copadelrey.com/inicio.asp?hl=es

" Azur de Puig " the ship of the Infanta is of a category different from the "Bribon" of the King, not it is Transpac, and because of it it does not take part in the Breitling.

For what says this article, it seems that finally the Prince of Asturias has had to take a decision and to leave his friends. Last year the Prince did not take part in the Cup of the King, on one hand to be with his pregnant wife ... but also because he had to choose between two ships, and it did not have to be agreeable. The Prince began to compete in ships of the Spanish Navy, the Sirius and the Aifos, but during a time the Navy stopped competing, and the Prince went away to the ship CAM, where he had very good friends. Last year the Navy returned to compete with a new Aifos, and the Prince met obliged to choose between the friendship and to enjoy the sport, and the obligation with the military. It seems that once again, even in vacations, the duty and the obligation prevails. Personally, it seems to me to be unjust, because the King is the Top Chief of the Army, and he competes with his friends and not in the ship of the Navy. :confused:

Thanks for this intereting details, dear Lula. We know that the Prince is very found of racing boat , but one question : can we imagine that "obligatories competition " may be quiet boring for him ? ( past to past, if you know what I mean ! )

Regata Breitling
I've just seen the name of the king in the list of the sailors ! In Aifos it's not Prince Felipe so I don't know if they'll go in Palma for the regata !
If they want fresh air they don't have to go in France : we have 38°C in Normandy, we are not very well with this warm !!!!!

http://www.regatabreitling.es/participantes.php

Here the link for the regata : there are videos from last years
http://www.regatabreitling.es

The King will be a meeting with the President of the Government next Friday 28th of July in the Palace of Marivent

http://www.abc.es/20060718/nacional-nacional/otro-veraneo-para-zapatero_200607180259.html

The Kings travel tomorrow to Majorca to settle in Marivent

The Kings will travel tomorrow to Palm to settle in their official residence in the Palace of Marivent, where Don Juan Carlos will continue with its activities of office, sources of the House of the King informed today to EFE.

Don Juan Carlos will follow in the Palace of Marivent with its official agenda and is foreseeable that next day 28 receives the president of the Government, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, in first of the two summer hearings that usually maintain in Majorca.
The King will interrupt his stay in the island the next Monday, 24 of July, to travel to Morocco, where he will maintain a lunch of character deprived with Rey Mohamed VI.
That same day, Princes de Asturias will visit the Majorcan locality of Sa Pobla to receive the Gold medal of the municipality, according to confirmed sources of the Balearic Govern. One is the first distinction of this type that grants the City council, that it created it to thank for “sensitivity” and the “affection” shown by Don Felipe and Doña Letizia in its previous visit to the population, within its official trip to the Balearic Islands made in May of the last year.
In addition, Prince de Asturias will travel days 26, 27 and 28 to Peru to attend the taking of possession of the new elect president, Alan Garcia, and days 6, 7 and 8 of August he will go to the taking of possession of the reelected president of Colombia, Alvaro Uribe, who will assume a second mandate of four years, after the past gaining the elections of 28 of May.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/reyes_mallorca_marivent_992366.htm

Last edited:
Will the Kings go to Mallorca in the morning or afternoon? :confused:

I cannot wait until tomorrow... but better will be when the Kings' granchildren arrive! :D :D

...JuAnItA... said:
Will the Kings go to Mallorca in the morning or afternoon? :confused:

In the afternoon, they have tomorrow a lunch with the Presidente of Mexico, Vicente Fox in La Zarzuela ;)

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/reyes_palma_palacio_marivent_993245.htm

The King and Queen are expected to arrive this evening in Palma, landing at 9:00 PM at Son Sant Joan, from where they will go to the Palace of Marivent, where they will spend their summer vacations.

As usual, during his stay in the island, Don Juan Carlos will combine his office activities with the practice of nautical sports.

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/reyes_palma_palacio_marivent_993245.htm

The King and Queen are expected to arrive this evening in Palma, landing at 9:00 PM at Son Sant Joan, from where they will go to the Palace of Marivent, where they will spend their summer vacations.

As usual, during his stay in the island, Don Juan Carlos will combine his office activities with the practice of nautical sports.

That rarer hour, they come very late, not? Coming at this hour I do not believe that the Princes come at the same hour that they, it is a bit late for Leonor.

lula said:
That rarer hour, they come very late, not? Coming at this hour I do not believe that the Princes come at the same hour that they, it is a bit late for Leonor.

Maybe you are right Lula, but who knows, one of my relatives and his family traveled 10 hours by car, arriving around 10pm to their final destination, with their 7 months old baby. (yes..they stopped along the way many times). I know it is not the case of the princes as they wont go through this kind of inconvient trip, but it can be a good hour to avoid the press and also 9pm at that age is not that bad after all.

Lets see.

Ariel said:
Maybe you are right Lula, but who knows, one of my relatives and his family traveled 10 hours by car, arriving around 10pm to their final destination, with their 7 months old baby. (yes..they stopped along the way many times). I know it is not the case of the princes as they wont go through this kind of inconvient trip, but it can be a good hour to avoid the press and also 9pm at that age is not that bad after all.

Lets see.

The Kings do an official arrival to Majorca, because Marivent passes to be their official residence in summer, there are authorities and press. So they cannot avoid them. Though with the heat of these days I am not surprised that they choose this hour.:cool:
If the Prince takes part in the ditch and having an act on Monday, I do not believe that they are late in coming. :D

http://www.medcup.org/

Presented 12 ª Ditch Breitling-Illes Balears
During the act of presentation the presence of H.M. Juan Carlos I was confirmed on board of the Bribón TP52, and of H.R.H. Felipe de Borbón, Prince of Asturias to the cane of the TP52 Aifos. As well as that of the King Harald of Norway on board of the TP 52 Fram
. . .

Perhaps they arrived at 14 or 15 minutes at Mallorca! :eek: I cannot wait until the fisrt photos... but it will be better when we see all the kids! :D

The Kings come to Majorca to initiate their summer vacations in Marivent

Palm. (EFE) .-The Kings came at the last hour of this evening to the air base of Son Sant Joan, in Palm, to begin their habitual summer stay in Marivent's Palace, in the course of which Don Juan Carlos will reconcile his labors of office as Chief of State with the rest and the nautical sport.

Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía came in a plane of the Armed Forces, which landed on 21.00 hours in the air base proceeding from Madrid, where this midday the Kings offered a luncheon in the Palace of The Zarzuela to the president of Mexico, Vicente Fox, and to his wife, Marta.

Afoot of steps they gave the welcome to the Kings the chief of the autonomic Executive, Jaume Matas; the president of the Parlament inhabitant of the Balearic Islands, Pere Rotger; the delegate of the Government in the islands, Ramon Socías; the mayor of Palm, Catalina Cirer, and the chairwoman of the Consell of Majorca, Maria Antónia Munar.

Also there greeted Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía the general commander of Balearics, Jose Emilio Roldán; the chief of the Naval Sector, Francisco Javier Jáuregui; the chief of the Air Sector, Fernando Martínez; the colonel chief of the Police, Francisco Javier García, and the top chief of the Police, Elicio Amez.

The Kings, whom there was accompanying the chief of the House of the King, Alberto Aza, conversed with the authorities during a few minutes and later Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía left in a familiar car that the own monarch was leading.

As in the previous years, part of the Royal Family might take part in the Trophy Breitling, which it begins tomorrow and in the one that hopes that the Prince haggles, and in the Cup of the King, who will be disputed later and who is considered to be one of the most important ditches of the Mediterranean.

The King will continue during the summer with his activities of office in Marivent's Palace, where he will continue with his official agenda and, since it is traditional, there is foreseen that he does business in two occasions with the prime minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero.
Don Juan Carlos will interrupt his stay in the island next Monday to travel to Morocco, where he will support a luncheon of character deprived with the King Mohamed VI.

This day, the Princes of Asturias will visit Sa Pobla's Majorcan locality to receive the Golden medal of the municipality, as confirmed sources of the Govern of the Balearic Islands.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/lv24h/20060719/51277108942.html

From ANP and AFP Getty

Spain's King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia arrive at Militar Airport in Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Island, Spain, Wednesday 19 July 2006. Spanish Royal Couple will spend their summer holidays at Marivent Palace.

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 678
  • 71484242.jpg
    71484242.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 541
  • 71484247.jpg
    71484247.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 396
  • 71484246.jpg
    71484246.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 459
  • 71484251.jpg
    71484251.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Yay the Queen in a pant/trouser suit. :D I think she looks lovely!

Thank you lula for photos and news about the Kings' arrival. I must say I love to see Queen Sofia in this pant suit. And the shoes and constrasting shirt makes her look awesome, young and terribly fresh...

Regards,
mtbcm

It of the press it is impossible, they have just begun the vacations and already they begin with the contradictory information. But good, already we will see, which is sure is that the weekend already the 5 will be in Majorca, and with luck we will be able to see the girl.

http://www.abc.es/20060720/gente-gente/reyes-comienzan-vacaciones-mallorca_200607200301.html

The Kings begin their vacations in Majorca

Their Majesties the Kings came yesterday, soon after nine o'clock in the night, to the airport of Son Sant Joan, in Palma, where they were got for the principal authorities of the Islands and of cardinal inhabitant of the Balearic Islands.

Later, Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía moved to Marivent's Palace, their official residence during their stay in Majorca. At first, it is confirmed that the Prince of Asturias should come also to the island in the next hours, since there is foreseen that informs together with the King in the Ditch Breitling-Illes Balears, which begins today. Don Felipe patroneará the "Aifos" and Don Juan Carlos, on his part, will do the own thing in the "Bribón". Of equal form, it is foreseen that at the beginning of August take part in the Cup of the King, who will be disputed in waters of the bay of Palm.

During the weekend, there is waited the arrival of Dona Letizia and of the Infanta Dona Leonor. And in the later days there will come to Majorca the Dukes of Palm and the Dukes of Lugo.

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1234&pIdSeccion=9&pIdNoticia=198845&rand=1153372299969

Don Juan Carlos has foreseen to take part today in the ditch Breitling that until the next Sunday will develop in waters of the Bay of Palm. He will do it on board of the Bribón, who will compete directly with the Aifos led by his son, the Prince of Asturias, who all probability meets already in the island in company of his wife, dona Letizia, and the daughter of both, the Infanta Leonor. The monarch also has announced his intention of competing in the Cup of the King.

Here there are photos
http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls=1=16==200652&nbc1=1

These are from
http://www.mallorcadiario.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Attachments

• reyes2t.jpg
    reyes2t.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 412
  • reyest.jpg
    reyest.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 366
Images from terra

Attachments

• 72083044f2438g.jpg
    72083044f2438g.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 318
  • 7208304502f71g.jpg
    7208304502f71g.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 360
  • 720830452507bg.jpg
    720830452507bg.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 409
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 391
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 370
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
from wireimages

Attachments

• 9532963abrilabril720200645052AM.jpg
    9532963abrilabril720200645052AM.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 345
  • 9532961abrilabril720200645059AM.jpg
    9532961abrilabril720200645059AM.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 304
  • 9532960abrilabril720200644930AM.jpg
    9532960abrilabril720200644930AM.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 9532959abrilabril720200644938AM.jpg
    9532959abrilabril720200644938AM.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 9532958abrilabril720200644946AM.jpg
    9532958abrilabril720200644946AM.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 298
  • 9532943abrilabril720200645107AM.jpg
    9532943abrilabril720200645107AM.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 300
  • 9532942abrilabril720200645124AM.jpg
    9532942abrilabril720200645124AM.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 349
  • 9532940abrilabril720200644922AM.jpg
    9532940abrilabril720200644922AM.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 344
  • 9532939abrilabril720200645116AM.jpg
    9532939abrilabril720200645116AM.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 9532944abrilabril720200644956AM.jpg
    9532944abrilabril720200644956AM.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 321
From Hellomagazine:

EVA HERZIGOVA AND SPANISH ROYALS JET INTO MAJORCA
The island of Majorca received an influx of high-profile visitors this week as the Spanish royals touched down on Wednesday and Eva Herzigova took to the waves for some summer fun.
Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos arrived in the Balearic hotspot for their annual holiday at the Marivent Palace – their summer residence just outside the capital Palma. Despite the heat, the royal pair kept up appearances in smart suits as they stepped off their plane. Both keen sailors, the royal pair may find themselves bumping into another familiar face, that of supermodel Eva, at Portals Nous where the jet-set moor their yachts.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/2006/07/20/majorca/

Images from facetoface

Attachments

• 01002144.jpg
    01002144.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 01002145.jpg
    01002145.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 425
  • 01002146.jpg
    01002146.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 329