Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why Qeen Sofia and princess Letizia are both on the left side of their husbands and Infanta Cristina is on the rigth side of Inaki?

Maybe because they are the consorts (even if Sofia is royal by birth) as well, while Cristina is the Royal in her couple with Iñaki?:ermm:

Both Cristina and Letizia looked very good and the Queen as always surprise us with her end of summer outfit:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
crisiñaki said:
Maybe because they are the consorts (even if Sofia is royal by birth) as well, while Cristina is the Royal in her couple with Iñaki?:ermm:

Exactly because of it, it is a question of protocol. The King and his wife, the Prince and his wife, the Infanta and her husband. It is ordained this way when they all are in couple.
In questions of protocol and order of authorities in Spain, it is not important if the Queen is a Princess of birth or not; she is the Queen, the colitigant of the King, and because of it if she goes with the King, she goes to his left side (the right is the important place) and if the King is not, she is the first one. The Queen for being Queen, always will be ahead of her children in an act.Like the Princess Letizia will be ahead of the Infantas, though the Prince is not.

Last edited:
engelkristall said:
Christina doesn't have to loose weight, look at the pictures where she is wearing a swimmsuit ... she is an women with a normal weight

Cristina looks great. Normal-looking attractive lady. Letizia looks like a stick. Almost everybody looks like a giant next to her.

Yep, I think it is.
Beautiful by the way.. :flowers:

lula said:
Exactly because of it, it is a question of protocol.

Exactly, at your right side is a person who is more important than you. Or the person you want to give that privilege. For example, the King can leave his right to a guest if he wants to honour him; and although protocol says it can't be done, the King is Sovereign and commands (I think I already told this story:cool: ; during an official event when passing a door the King told a portuguese embassador to go in front of him and he did. Everyone started whispering about our embassador' lack of education and disregard for protocol. Later he explained, there is no protocol when a King Orders you to do something ;) you just have to obey)

I remember that at Easter Mass Photoshoot the Prince was badly placed as he was in the left side of the picture meaning that all the others were more important.

I read some newspapers pointing it as a scandal

Regards,
mtbcm :)

CP Letizia dress is really lovely - I love it and she looks just fab in it

I don't think Christina needs to lose any weight! By golly, she's a mother of 4 kids and if i had her body after 4kids i'd be so happy. She looks healthy, glowing and beautiful.

Some women after 1 child looks 10 times worst than Christina after 4 kids....

Let's not compare both ladies - they're completely different in body type and make but both equally beautiful, healthy and glowing

biboquinhas said:
Infanta Cristina must lose some weigth!The dress doesn't look good on her because she is not thin and elegant she must lose some weigth!

I'm really opposed to these kind of harsh and insensitive comments. I think they are insensitive and insulting in the least to begin and absolutely unconstructive. They are public figures but they are also human, too. Weight is such a sensitive issue for so many people, what if someone saw a picture of you and said "Boy, she needs to lose about 10 pounds to look elegant?" I also don't get why some people are so obsessed with the weight of certain princesses and go around this forum saying that this princess is fat or that this princess needs to lose weight and this princess is too thin. With the exception of Letizia (and even that I see as being a minimal issue), I don't see that any of the other princesses have weight issues that need to be commented on by anyone here.

Cristina is about as average an individual as one can be, someone whose weight has gone up and down throughout her entire life. She is a woman in her forties who has had four kids.

I actually saw some pictures of her earlier in the summer and thought that she was getting more thin than earlier in the year.

I think it's not a matter of weight here -- it's just a combination of a bad dress paired with an upswept hair do which elongates her body which is attired in a shapeless outfit.

Here are some nice singles of Letizia and one of Felipe:

(Credit: Bruno Press)

I love Letizia's shoes! The color is summery and it matches perfectly with her dress!

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'm Nadiah from Malaysia and I'm a newbie (sort of). Just want to thank all of you who have posted the pictures and the articles on the SRF's summer vacations. It has indeed been a wonderful summer, with the little ones taking centre stage.
See you guys around.
Yay, my first post:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
biboquinhas said:
well I still think Cristina should lose some weigth, she would really be mutch better looking if she lost some weigth!Many people with 4 child are mucht thinner than she is!
Oh, my goodness! I don't like to get into this type of discussion, but I really feel that I must say something here in agreement with those in support of the Infanta. She looks absolutely fabulous. She has a completely different bone structure than Princess Letizia and could not possibly ever lose enough weight to look like her. If you will check page 52, post number 1028, there are photos of Cristina in a bathing suit where she looks great, whether she has had four children or not!

I really wish that these unkind comparisons would stop as I feel that this kind of criticism is where a lot of the problem with body image and eating disorders for young girls begins.

I do apologize if this post is in the wrong place and needs to be moved to another thread.

Last edited:
A big big "HELLO!" to all of you, it's great to be here again after a short break!!!

Thanks for the pictures, all "girls" were lovely. It's funny, but Cristina's dress reminds me the one Letizia wore for the same reception one year ago (but it was pre-mummy dress, of course).

Cristina having to loose some weight?! I think many women in their 40's, even if they don't have kids, have some problems with having the slender figure, esp. in belly area. Cristina has 4 kids and looks terrific, just look at her pics in swimsuit. She is very tall and her height surely helps her to hide some extra kilos (if they are).

LaChicaMadrilena said:
A big big "HELLO!" to all of you, it's great to be here again after a short break!!!

Thanks for the pictures, all "girls" were lovely. It's funny, but Cristina's dress reminds me the one Letizia wore for the same reception one year ago (but it was pre-mummy dress, of course).

Cristina having to loose some weight?! I think many women in their 40's, even if they don't have kids, have some problems with having the slender figure, esp. in belly area. Cristina has 4 kids and looks terrific, just look at her pics in swimsuit. She is very tall and her height surely helps her to hide some extra kilos (if they are).

I GUESS ITS JUST THE DRESS SHE WORE, MKE HER LOOK BIG

Chabelita said:
I GUESS ITS JUST THE DRESS SHE WORE, MKE HER LOOK BIG

I think most of us here can agree than Cristina is lovely the way she is! However, as nice as the white dress is, I think the TOP half of the dress isn't so flattering due to her wider shoulders. It creates an 'illusion'! ;)

...sOfIa.... said:
I think most of us here can agree than Cristina is lovely the way she is! However, as nice as the white dress is, I think the TOP half of the dress isn't so flattering due to her wider shoulders. It creates an 'illusion'! ;)

I think it is the below part that suits her unflatering. She has tall and elegant legs, take a look at her last pictures in an act where she's wearing trousers... she looks great - slim, tall and elegant!

But she chose that fresh and juvenile model and that's OK, she looked comfortable in it and that is the first thing I expect from them. To honour the House they represent but doing it with their means and remaining the people they are.

Regards,
mtbcm

mtbcm said:
I think it is the below part that suits her unflatering. She has tall and elegant legs, take a look at her last pictures in an act where she's wearing trousers... she looks great - slim, tall and elegant!

But she chose that fresh and juvenile model and that's OK, she looked comfortable in it and that is the first thing I expect from them. To honour the House they represent but doing it with their means and remaining the people they are.

Regards,
mtbcm

I can see what you mean, but the way the straps fall across her shoulders is what I meant, to me that makes them look wider. Don't get me wrong, I still think she looks nice! It's just my opinion ;)

Felipe & Letizia got a good tropical color!..

Sofia welcome back! :flowers: How was it in Mallorca?

engelkristall said:
Christina doesn't have to loose weight, look at the pictures where she is wearing a swimmsuit ... she is an women with a normal weight

I hope I look as good at the age of 40+ as she does now!

:) Well, the photos in which Infanta Cristina is wearing bathing suit say everything, she is a very good looking woman. Just the dress she wore wasn't maybe the best choice for her figure. Although the dress was nice, nothing bad about it, just not very fitting. Anyway I remember that when I saw the photos with both Infantas on the boat I was amazed about the way they both looked, very slim, fresh, just beautiful.:)

Both Infantas look really good for someone who's in their forties and with children, but I think they also work very hard to maintain such figure even Felipe because putting on weight really runs in their family. They probably watch their diet and work out to stay slim.

Letizia is very handsome in these photos. She seems more healthful than the last time that we could see her.:flowers:
....and I think that if Cristina wanted to thin more, she could not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom