The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Commoner

Thanks, Mapian!! :>)

Leonor is an adorable little girl.

Boy, in 50 years or so Europe is going to be great fun for monarchy buffs like us with Queen Ingrid Alexandra in Norway, Queen Victoria in Sweden, Queen Elisabeth in Belgium, Queen Catherine Amalia in Holland, and (possibly) Queen Leonor in Spain! I hope I live to be 100 and get to see all these little girls reigning!!

To clarify:

I certainly do wish all their parents the best, too, long lives and happy reigns, but it would be so special to be able to watch a coronation on TV (or whatever it will be in 2050!) and look back and remember the birth of the child being crowned.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

It is really unbelievable how much leonor has changed in a month.from pop's visit till now her hair,face even her gestures changed a lot.
I was thinking she would have straight her like her mom,but what i see is that the color changed and her hair is like her dad.More changes to come.
It is obvious that she at ease with other people and really enjoys seeing other people.
thank you leonor,felipe,letizia and the kings for these natural and spontinous pics instead of posing for cameras.
thank you everyone for posting pics and articles,espcially lula,lucys and larzen(your pics are always the best),and our star LEONOR.
L's rock in this forum.
I am looking forward to seeing her in king arms.

I was surfing other forums and watching other baby princess and princes.
you know she is the best dressed royal baby.i really love the way princess dresses her.bravo mummy letizia.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryo
It is really unbelievable how much leonor has changed in a month.from pop's visit till now her hair,face even her gestures changed a lot.
I was thinking exactly that, too, aryo. It's amazing the maturity and changes in Leonor's face. She looks like a little person instead of just a baby. Her facial features seem older, even from the Pope's visit a few weeks ago.

She also seems to be much more engaged in her environment, looking around at the people calling her name and reacting to her mom, dad, grandmother and even waving (sort of).
Old 07-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapian
Copa del Rey start.
(...)
Between the participants they are King Juan Carlos I, on board of the Bribon, and prince Felipe participating with the Aifos, boat of the Navy.
(...)

Nothing about infanta Cristina:(

http://www.mallorcadiario.com/index....7502&Itemid=33
Acording to http://www.elconfidencial.com/gente/indice.asp?id=2698 Prince Felipe will not participate in this regata. This year is the 25th anniversary of this regata and there are some acts to celebrate it. So it is a bit rare that Prince Felipe and Infanta Cristina do not participate
Old 07-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Acording to ...elconfidencial... Prince Felipe will not participate in this regata. This year is the 25th anniversary of this regata and there are some acts to celebrate it...
That article is talking about LAST year. The expectation is that he will participate, although with his travel dates to and from South America I imagine it won't be every day.

As always, time will tell. It always does.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

So copa del rey starts today... Hope Felipe won't fall asleep on the board, he must have just come back to Spain after his visit in Peru, he must be really tired

Old 07-29-2006, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
So copa del rey starts today... Hope Felipe won't fall asleep on the board, he must have just come back to Spain after his visit in Peru, he must be really tired
I believe today we won't see anyone on board. The first day is just to register the boats and prepare ting, before going into the see.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:02 AM
Aristocracy

The first race is on monday 31, He has two days to rest, I think so.

http://www.copadelrey.com/inicio.asp...s=0&u=2&c=tp52
Old 07-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Courtier

From La Vanguardia, a cute anecdote and photo. Letizia is walking in Palma with Leonor and a woman approaches her with her own daughter and tells her that her daughter and Leonor were born on the same day. as the women chatted, the girls started to play:

Leonor hace amiguitas en Mallorca
Laura Rotger Aguilera podrá contar de mayor que no sólo nació el 31 de octubre del 2005, el mismo día que la infanta Leonor, sino que incluso le prestó sus juguetes. Hace unos días Sandra, madre de Laura, se cruzó con doña Letizia en Palma y le explicó la coincidencia, Mientras, las niñas se pusieron a jugar.

The same page has an article about how Norway's King is in love with the spanish sun...but I didn't pay for it, so I don't know what it says...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lvg200607280112vb.pdf.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	257172  
Old 07-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Royal Highness

picturedesk
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Courtier

I love the pics of Leonor sucking her little thumb! They're too cute. Thanks for all the pics everyone!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Little Leonor is getting more and more beatiful every day. She is so chubby and sweet with her little serious pretty face! :o

Vanesa.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Courtier

Leonor is definitely one of the best dressed royal babies :)
Old 07-30-2006, 05:26 AM
Royal Highness

The Dukes of Palm, in company of its four children, they arrived yesterday at night at the island in ferry, before the impossibility to travel in airplane from Barcelona by the closing of the airport of the Prat, paralyzed by one it protests labor of the land workers of Iberia, that they occupied the tracks.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-r...al_1013025.htm
Old 07-30-2006, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Leonor, the queen of the summer
The real family to the plenary session will agree in Majorca the week of the 7 of August

“To Leonor Palm is seating him very well”. This one is the first declaration of the summer that Doña Letizia has made, the princess of Asturias, on its daughter, who is called to become the star of the vacations of the real family in Palma de Mallorca.

The House of the King does not give to concrete dates on the goings and comings of the Kings, its children and grandsons. “They are already so many that will be alternated”. But all will try to agree in the week of the 7 of August. In those days it is predicted that the official photo of the summer is made. “It is not easy to make agree to all”, recognize the people in charge of press of the palace of the Zarzuela.

When Marivent is to total yield also is it Are Vent, the residence that was qualified within the residential complex for the children of the Kings when they began to form his families. The seven grandsons of the King will pursue by their gardens and will swim in the swimming pool.
Officially the list of guests that will receive the real family during the summer vacations but, like every year is not confirmed, will be ample. The own Prince counted in an occasion that being young sometimes was called on to him to sleep in a mattress in one of the terraces of the palace.

http://www.elpais.es/articulo/agenda...pepiage_1/Tes/
Old 07-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/07/30/rey_copa/

The Kings give the Medalle de Oro (Gold Medal) of the Balearic Islands to the president of Sol Melia, and complete “Bribon” for the silver anniv of competiion the Copa del Rey

ROYAL FAMILY TRAINS FOR the COPA DEL REY

Royal Family is on vacations in Palma de Mallorca enjoying the island, simultaneously that continuous fulfilling its numerous official acts.

Friday the Kings went to the castle of Bellver to give the Gold medal of the Balearic Islands to Gabriel Escarré, president and founder of the hotel chain Sol Meliá. The act counted on the presence of numerous personalities of the policy and the tourism, like the president of the Govern, Jaume Matas, the minister of Industry and tourism, Jose Motilla and president of the Canary Islands Adam Martin among another one. In this act the monarch affirmed: `That the tourism had been fundamental for the modernization of Spain.'

On the following day, King Don Juan Carlos, went to the Majorcan port to continue with the training of the Glass of the King of Candle that begins Monday. This year competition nautical celebrates his silver wedding and counts on 110 boats, coming from 17 countries and between that they found `Bribon' of that it is Don Juan Carlos and boat of Navy `Aifos' in that will be Prince Felipe, who the past arrived Friday from the Republic of Peru, to where had gone to the taking of possession of Peruvian President Alan Garci'a.

The celebration of the Glass of the King of Candle, will also count on the presence of the soprano Ainhoa Arteta and on a series of acts - degustaciones and dances as well as the inauguration of the photographic exhibition “Copa del Rey, 25 years of images”, presided by of Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía.

pictures from Hola

The Kings gave the Gold medal of the Balearic Community to the Sol Melia's president, Gabriel Escarré

Don Juan Carlos goes to the training of the Copa del Rey that begins Monday in Palma of Malllorca

Old 07-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the info purple_platinum. The Queen's dress or is it a top and skirt are lovely in the first pictures! I can't wait for the Copa Del Rey to start so we will see the cute Urdangarín boys with their grandma!
Old 07-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
The House of the King does not give to concrete dates on the goings and comings of the Kings, its children and grandsons. “They are already so many that will be alternated”. But all will try to agree in the week of the 7 of August. In those days it is predicted that the official photo of the summer is made. “It is not easy to make agree to all”, recognize the people in charge of press of the palace of the Zarzuela.
Lets hope they shoot a picture for their christmas card as well then
Old 07-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

Absolutley lovely pictures from Leonor!!! She's indeed a lovely and cute baby!
Old 07-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Lets hope they shoot a picture for their christmas card as well then
I was thinking this the other day! The perfect opportunity to have the whole family together

Tags
breitling regatta, cristina, elena, felipe, froilán de marichalar, harald v, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, infanta elena, infanta leonor, irene urdangarín, jaime de marichalar, juan carlos i, juan urdangarín, leonor, letizia, mallorca, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), summer holidays, victoria de marichalar