Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsa M. said:

I also have noticed, it does not seem to me very likely that extract them in the photos, the truth. That horror to have to live always with the escolta stuck to you. In one of the articles of today they were saying that the Prince had become a bit nervous, the certain thing is that they do not like these things very much, one notices that he becomes tense when there are too many people and too many photographers, especially from the pregnancy.

...sOfIa.... said:
Thanks for all the lovely photos everyone!:)
Is it me or do the King and Queen seem alot closer than what they used to be? Looking at photos from a few years ago and those from this year, to me there seems to be a difference.
Does anybody else see this or is it just me???
I don't know if it's you, but I certainly get the impression that the entire family is, as they say in spanish, living a very positive moment--they all seem to be oozing happiness and contenment, even the Marichalars seem to have recuperated a degree of happiness. I've always had the impression that this is a very united, close-knit, loyal family, but as with all families there are times that are better, times that are worse and times that are indifferent. Since a little after the time of Felipe and Letizia's engagement I have been impressed (via videos and photos) with a sense of increasing happiness among the entire family. So I guess it's not just you!

lucys said:
I don't know if it's you, but I certainly get the impression that the entire family is, as they say in spanish, living a very positive moment--they all seem to be oozing happiness and contenment, even the Marichalars seem to have recuperated a degree of happiness. I've always had the impression that this is a very united, close-knit, loyal family, but as with all families there are times that are better, times that are worse and times that are indifferent. Since a little after the time of Felipe and Letizia's engagement I have been impressed (via videos and photos) with a sense of increasing happiness among the entire family. So I guess it's not just you!
I couldn't agree with you more. They all seem very happy. I do think that Felip finding a suitable wife and announcing her pregnancy has taken the edge off of all of them.:D

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/

The Royal Family spends a sea day on board of the yacht 'Fortune'

With the exception of the King, which he remained the whole morning and until two o'clock in the afternoon being employed at his office, the Royal Family took advantage of the yesterday day to go out to navigate on board of the yacht Fortune. Little before twelve o'clock they approached up to the facilities of Portopí's naval military base, habitual tie of the royal yacht, the infanta Cristina and her three major children, Juan Valentín, Pablo and Miguel, whom it was possible to see playing in the bridge of control of the craft before this one was giving up straps. In another car, dona Sofía made it small later. And more discreetly, removed from the lenses of the photographers, also there rose on board the prince Felipe and dona Letizia, who did not want to get lost the sea day in spite of being embarrassed of five months.

Attachments

• 2005-08-02_IMG_2005-07-26_22_49_37_m29ac-1.jpg
    2005-08-02_IMG_2005-07-26_22_49_37_m29ac-1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 262
  • 2005-08-02_IMG_2005-07-26_22_50_02_m29ac-2.jpg
    2005-08-02_IMG_2005-07-26_22_50_02_m29ac-2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 334
More from Newscom:

Attachments

• sipaphotos243765.jpg
    sipaphotos243765.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 168
  • sipaphotos243766.jpg
    sipaphotos243766.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 185
  • sipaphotos243767.jpg
    sipaphotos243767.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 240
  • sipaphotos243770.jpg
    sipaphotos243770.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 228
  • sipaphotos243771.jpg
    sipaphotos243771.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 270
lula said:
in spite of being embarrassed of five months.

hehe... not embarassed but pregnant :)

nice pics of cristina and iñaki's kids. they are all so beautiful...

letizia is lovely. all the family looks really happy...and those undargarin kids are too sweet!!

I just hope that Letizia doesn't end up wearing the same outfit everyday like she did last year. I feel her comments were a little silly for a grown woman. i would imagine that after being on the public light for so long as a news reader, she would be adult enough to realize that with marrying the prince cameras wuld be a thing of every day. at least that's my personal opinion.

white pants seem to look good on her. also teh color shirt/blouse.

Mika said:
I feel her comments were a little silly for a grown woman. i would imagine that after being on the public light for so long as a news reader, she would be adult enough to realize that with marrying the prince cameras wuld be a thing of every day. at least that's my personal opinion.

What silly comments Letizia made. Am I missing something?:confused:

her comments last year were in regards to her wearing the same clothes in the same colors for her stay at Mallorca. and her reasoning was that by doing that so she thought and expected the press to get tired of her in teh same clothes to just not take any more pictures of her. So since we just saw her with white and fuschia, I was wonderin if this is the uniform for summer '05.

IMO a comment like that comming from an adult in a role she accepted is not considered appropriate.

Mika said:
her comments last year were in regards to her wearing the same clothes in the same colors for her stay at Mallorca. and her reasoning was that by doing that so she thought and expected the press to get tired of her in teh same clothes to just not take any more pictures of her. So since we just saw her with white and fuschia, I was wonderin if this is the uniform for summer '05.

IMO a comment like that comming from an adult in a role she accepted is not considered appropriate.

i agree with you in some way Mika. i also think that if she freely accepted her new role as crown princess she also accepted the media obsession that she would have to deal with. however, it can be also tiring mostly when you are on holiday and by that time it wasn't long since her wedding...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=173143
are those bodyguards? does anyone have any ideas of how many of them guard them? i must confess that i have never seen them near them in this kind of informal and leisure acts....

does anyone know who designed the colourful shirt letizia is wearing? seems really confie... :)

Last edited:
Mika said:

Thanks for the answer.:)
IMO...that was a smart answer..for me it implies that if the focus was on what she wears..then she is not going to give the paparazzi that chance and wants them to get bored as a way to live her life...In all cases, Letizia dresses cleanly and not cheaply...and it is obvious that her priorities are not to be a Model...For those who want to enjoy more clothes than other things, then there is rania and mary of denmark

You are right. But considering she came from the same field as the ones taking her picture I would have expected more matureity. I would have given her two thumbs up if she would have been a total commoner with no ties what's so ever with the press. But that's her career!!!!

Only time will tell for this vacation. and not for anything, and I hate to rub it off on her, but the press is what sells the monarchy to the citizens of Spain, and speaking from experience, I have to deal with press, written and radial where ever I go. And I am only a politician, never mind marrried to the hottest hunk on earth!!!! LOL!:) :) :)

Someone can tell the problems that took letizia with the queen (i think and you talked about here) last year about the glasses?

Exactly DM1! And unless you are Condoleeza Rice, Donald Runsfeld, Governor Arnold of California or are of the Kennedy, Bush or Clinton family, I don't think you can compare the way an American policitican is scrutinized by the media to the constant attention the young European royals receive.

I say "hats off" to Letizia for trying to find ways to decrease press interest in her off duty activities. Princess Diana often used to wear the same outfit to the gymn in the hopes that the press would take fewer pictures of her. And to a degree, I think it worked. However, this was something she caught on to later in her career (in the early 1990s). Good for Letizia for learning this trick so early on. I hope she is successful and can have some of the private time she so rightly deserves.

Citizen2005 said:
Thanks for the answer.:)
IMO...that was a smart answer..for me it implies that if the focus was on what she wears..then she is not going to give the paparazzi that chance and wants them to get bored as a way to live her life...In all cases, Letizia dresses cleanly and not cheaply...and it is obvious that her priorities are not to be a Model...For those who want to enjoy more clothes than other things, then there is rania and mary of denmark
IMO, if I were Letizia I would wear what I felt comfortable in. She has to dress up more often than not, so if she doesn't want to wear a billion different outfits on her vacation then that is her choice. Personally, I get tired wearing "office" clothes during the week and on the weekends I just wear "comfy clothes", so I know that she has to get tired of looking "royal" all the time. This is her vacation, a time to relax and enjoy her friends and family, and the last one without a child. Let's give her a break this time, also, I think she looks great in her maternity clothes, regardless of how often she wears them.:D

Several things.

Rchainho, I look that you have certain determination with the topic of the sunglasses. I repeat you, believe that it is an invention of this web that is enough slightly trustworthy. I do not remember to have heard not read at all last summer on this topic. And how you can see in many photos, even in this forum the Queen takes in many occasions sunglasses, and there is no problem.

Of the "uniform", the photographers took it very seriously, but not if Letizia would say it so seriously. It is partly normal, the paparazzi do not want to report, want to do the photo that they they all want to obtain and that then they sell for a lot of money. It is not an information is a business.

Carlota, yes that of the photo is a bodyguard, normally they do not extract it. Not exactly the number of bodyguards who can go, will depend on the type of act and on the place. I believe that when, for example, Letizia goes out to house of her mother or to Varela's workshop she takes at least two. In Majorca it is a day there was many people and many press, therefore there would be more enough safety people thereabouts (bearing in mind that ETA has had intention of killing in two occasions the King in Palm, you can imagine it).

Last edited:
Great pics! Thanks everyone.

I guess Queen Sofía loves photography, she always brings a camera! :)
By the way, I love Infanta Cristina's kids, they're so pretty! Juan looks specially cute with that sunglasses. :cool: And Letizia also looks great. No doubt, pregnancy definitely suits her.:)

And this is my opinion about Letizia comments from last summer:

First: Maybe she was right about the "uniform". One of the things that photographs find more interesting when they take photos of a famous person it's the clothes thing. People love seing Letizia in a magazine to make comments about her clothes. You know..."Let me see... what is she wearing?" So, if Letizia wore the same clothes in a whole week, maybe they took a lot of photos, but they really weren't differences between them, so going on taking so many photos wasn't necesary.

Second: Last year was the first summer of Letizia as Princess. Who can accept a new role, wherever it is, in a few months?

And third: This year she is pregnant, and she knows that even with the uniform thing, she couldn't "bore" photographs or stop them taking photos of her.

My English is so poor, anyway I wish you all can undestand.;)

rchainho said:
Someone can tell the problems that took letizia with the queen (i think and you talked about here) last year about the glasses?
Why are you so attached to this sunglasses rumor? It was not even written or talked about at all last summer. I know that for sure because I have been following the Spanish Royal Family for a long time now. I only read about it now and definitely a fabrication of TodosEllas (spelling?) website.

planetcher said:
Do you only have to be a member?

No. On the left hand side of the screen where there is a space for a username and password a username pops up in the box and type in "Guest" for the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom