The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-31-2005, 07:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you know if they all have returned to Madrid yet? Are there any nformation about their following activities?

Old 08-31-2005, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

"The Palace is Marivent and is located in Mallorca"
"Little Star, as I understand it the Palace of Marivent is on loan to the Spanish Royal Family for 99 years. I believe King JC "negotiated" this arrangement near the beginning of his reign -- although someone on this list might be able to give more specific details. Anyway, the "Palace" is actually a complex and on it's grounds contains houses for each of the royal children, with the Princes of Asturias having the second grandest house of the complex for their use."

Thank you fanletizia and Emily, I wish someone would loan me the use of a palace!

Old 08-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Nobility

From El Mundo:

"Aunque oficialmente finalizan sus vacaciones mañana, los Reyes permanecerán en Palma de Mallorca hasta el próximo fin de semana, según confirmaron a Europa Press fuentes de la Zarzuela, y el próximo lunes serán recibidos en audiencia por el Papa Benedicto XVI en su residencia de verano de Castelgandolfo (Roma)".

So even though their holidays are over, the King and Queen will spend all this week in Palma and they will meet the Pope in Castelgandolfo next Monday.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Nobility

I can’t help telling again how excellent Queen Sofía looks these days, but I also have to add that I really love Mrs. Zapatero’s style. She always knows how to make the perfect combination between the elegance and the discretion that all first ladies should show. Good for her.:)
Old 08-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Nobility

Here some pics from this summer. (I think these hasn't been posted yet. )

From COVER.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA6N4H6F.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	187488   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAEFS9MN.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	187489   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAIB01YV.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	187490   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAQRWHIZ.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	187491  

Name:	CAWPAVK9.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	187492  
Old 08-31-2005, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the last photos Isabella :) . When will the Dukes of Lugo and Palma leave Mallorca? Or have they already?
Old 08-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"Little Star, as I understand it the Palace of Marivent is on loan to the Spanish Royal Family for 99 years. I believe King JC "negotiated" this arrangement near the beginning of his reign -- although someone on this list might be able to give more specific details. Anyway, the "Palace" is actually a complex and on it's grounds contains houses for each of the royal children, with the Princes of Asturias having the second grandest house of the complex for their use."

Thank you fanletizia and Emily, I wish someone would loan me the use of a palace!
To read more about Marivent, take a look at the July/August newsletter:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...500#post246500
Old 08-31-2005, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the link Elsa M. I was visiting Mallorca last week and the hotel I stayed in was in Cala Mayor and opposite the Marivent palace.(didn't realise until I got there):p All I could see was the huge wall surrounding it. But from my balcony I could see the grounds and all the security etc...
From the beach you could get a better view of the palace from the sea. It looked lovely!

Has anyone ever stayed in Cala Mayor near the palace or in Mallorca and seen the royals?
Old 09-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish Royals end vacations "en famille"

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...spanishroyals/
Old 09-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://people.monstersandcritics.com...d_down_holiday

Spanish royals wind down holiday

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/88752004.htm

Spain's Royal Couple Family Dinner
Old 09-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://es.celebrities.yahoo.com/videos.html

A video of the dinner with Zapatero
Old 09-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

"Thanks for the link Elsa M. I was visiting Mallorca last week and the hotel I stayed in was in Cala Mayor and opposite the Marivent palace.(didn't realise until I got there):p All I could see was the huge wall surrounding it. But from my balcony I could see the grounds and all the security etc...
From the beach you could get a better view of the palace from the sea. It looked lovely!

Has anyone ever stayed in Cala Mayor near the palace or in Mallorca and seen the royals?"

I've never stayed in Cala Mayor, the first time we were in Santa Ponca (pronounced Ponsa) and the second we stayed near Llucmajor. We drove through Cala Major I think, along the coastal road, so we probably went past the Marivent palace without even realising.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
Infanta Cristina's made her look like she's still pregnant.
Cristina only gave birth about two months before these pictures were taken. It takes about six months before women lose their pregnancy weight. I would say that Cristina looks pretty great for someone who gave birth so recently. You can't expect that she would've been in perfect physical form so soon after giving birth to Irene. Plus a woman experiences many different hormonal effects post-pregnancy, especially during the first 4-6 weeks.

Give Cristina time. She will look gorgeous as ever soon enough. :)
Old 09-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Nobility

I also think that Cristina looks gorgeaus
Old 09-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today Olycom shows some pic from elena and inaki on the boat when their were in Mallorca.

http://archive.olycom.it/olycom/offe...do?idoff=13191
Old 09-21-2005, 06:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

pics from face to face of Cristina and kids in mallorca in summer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00722182.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	199258   Click image for larger version

Name:	00722183.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	199259   Click image for larger version

Name:	00722184.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	199260   Click image for larger version

Name:	00722185.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	199261  

Tags
breitling regatta, cristina, felipe, harald v, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, juan carlos i, letizia, mallorca, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, queen sofia, regatta, sofia (1938 -), summer vacation