Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that article is garbage...please, i mean, can't they give her a break? whatever she does, she can't please them.

I wish them lots of schmoozing time this summer. Once the baby arrives they'll be busy with other stuff. Everyone needs a special place to retreat to and for Letizia it seems to be her grandmother's house. Felipe's apparent support of Letizia and her family is wonderful to see. I give their marriage a very good chance of remaining happy. They seem like soulmates.

grevinnan

The Princes step on mainland

The blood will not arrive at the river. Majorca still walks revolutionized after knowing itself that the Prince will not participate in the regatas of the Glass of the King, but can that the absence in the sea is more than compensated with the firm Earth presence. Thursday, while some were torn the candles reason why they considered a desertion in all rule
Don Felipe and Doña Letizia made a triunfal appearance in the center of Palm to s ´ horabaixa he in bermuda shorts and she with jeans, t-shirt and shirt -, and not yet they are thought that it was the future more famous parents of Spain. Kind to the data: Doña Letizia was interested by the winter new features, since her baby will be born in the colds, but also had a little while reductions, that everything in her closet is not design. Although everything is necessary to say it, if somebody wants a jacket suit Letizia style, signed by Felipe Varela who goes to the English Court, that in these days also has them reduced.

Department store was the following shutdown of the pair in their route by the commercial center of Palm, although before there were photos with children, greetings of the mothers and congratulations to gogó. Everything very normal, except by the fact that although they bought enough, the Princes left all the stores without bags: some advantage they must have.

And what can more be done in the center of Palm aside from visiting the palace of the Almudaina that the Princes have sight by outside already and on the inside; then to take a horchata that refreshes, feeds and makes mother country. Doña Letizia took her glass and continued walking with him in the hand more, drinking sorbitos and walking with her every day enlarged belly as prow large mask.wrong letizia didn.t by no drinks. It was felipe only.

To the Princess which has hurt to him more these last days is that, in some media, she became responsable of the decision of the Prince of not participating in the Glass of the King, when perhaps it would be necessary to be thankful to him that the field of regatas has extended him until the firm Earth. It will not be that the Princes are already outlining their own style, their particular way to fit its institutional paper with an alternative way to be princes; we do not forget that they began their honeymoon in cuenca.
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20050730/51190095040.html

Thank you very much for providing the translation, Isabella!
(You're hired for future jobs ;) )

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 334
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 272
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 301
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 383
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Here is the last one!

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 336
Thank you, Lula and Marezdote!
It must be odd to be followed by tens of paparazzi, while you're trying to do such trivial things as strolling with your husband, during the Summer vacations... But well, the photos are very nice :)

meac said:
punto_azul.gif

punto_azul.gif

Meac, what did you want to put? The lists of the incritos in the ditches? I finish of look them and I have surprised because the Infanat Cristina is inscribed as boss of Puig's Azure.

yes,what I wanted to put is that the king neither the prince appear in the a list only the infanta

meac said:
yes,what I wanted to put is that the king neither the prince appear in the a list only the infanta

The King if he appears but in the category Transpac52, does not compete in the same one that the Infanta. The Prince, how had been said, he has not registered in any of the ships.

lula said:
I finish of look them and I have surprised because the Infanat Cristina is inscribed as boss of Puig's Azure.
Infanta Cristina was also inscribed as the boss of Azur-de-Puig, during the Breitling regatta, although she was represented by Iñaki. King Juan Carlos even joked with the situation, when he was giving the prize... I guess Iñaki will represent her again in the Copa del Rey.

Elsa M. said:
Infanta Cristina was also inscribed as the boss of Azur-de-Puig, during the Breitling regatta, although she was represented by Iñaki. King Juan Carlos even joked with the situation, when he was giving the prize... I guess Iñaki will represent her again in the Copa del Rey.

Since then they will be it again, already I was looking alike strangly.

Does anybody know how long the royal family are staying in Mallorca for? If i am correct, I believe it is usually for all of August?
Thanks;)

...sOfIa.... said:
Does anybody know how long the royal family are staying in Mallorca for? If i am correct, I believe it is usually for all of August?
Yes, Sofia. Although with some interruptions, to attend official acts, KJC and QS will stay in Mallorca until September.

...sOfIa.... said:
Thanks;)

Yes, they are there every August. August is the month of vacations of the public charges (and of many people). His vacations are a bit atypical. The King moves his office to Palm and there he is in the habit of completing diverse matters and receiving in hearing. Also from there they move if they have that aistir to some act:cool:

Thanks for posting all the pix. Is it just me or Felipe is starting to have a beer belly? Ewwww. He needs to do crunches.

planetcher said:
Thanks for posting all the pix. Is it just me or Felipe is starting to have a beer belly? Ewwww. He needs to do crunches.

Maybe he is such a loving husband that he is having a "sympathy pregnancy" along with Letizia! :)

Here are a few more pics from July 28th (without watermarks) from Colourpress ...

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 470
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 398
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 274
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 292
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 358
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 267
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 260
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 282
... and some more from Colourpress ...

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 538
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 301
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 263
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 306
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 244
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 278
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 241
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 327
Yes, I thought the same LaChicaMadrilena :D But ok, it seems that there aren't any cars ;)

Thank you all for posting these wonderful pictures, articles and infomartion! I really enjoy watching all this stuff. The Princes and the whole family seem very happy and relaxed togehter. This summer is for sure one of the most exciting ones for the SRF.
I know it's a bit late with that but I was too busy to write anything ;)

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050731/actualidad/gente/200507/31/rey_participara_copa_vela.asp

Big absences of the Royal Family in the Glass of the King of Candle

Efe/Palma of Majorca

The King is the only member of the Royal Family who will take part this year in the Glass of Candle that takes his name, and that in its edition XXIV will be celebrated from tomorrow and during the whole week in waters of the bay of Palm.
The Prince of Asturias, boss in the last editions of the "CAM", with which he won one week ago in the ditch Breitling, which is disputed also in Majorcan waters, has decided not to embark this year to be together with his wife, the Princess Letizia, who is in her fifth month of pregnancy, as it has reported a speaker of the House of the King.
It will not also take part in the Glass of the King - water Brava the Infanta Cristina, boss of " Puig's Azure ", with which she has competed in the previous years, for her recent maternity.
In Marivent, residence of the Royal Family in Palm, there are the Kings, the Princes of Asturias, in their house of Sound Vent, and the Dukes of Palm with their four children.
Today in the morning, the King went out to sail in the yacht "Fortune" together with the rest of crew members of the new "Bribón", who does the number thirteen and who has been constructed in a shipyard of New Zealand.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20050801/51190182556.html

Sailing regatta, glass and King
MARIÁNGEL ALCAZAR - 01/08/2005 Palma
It is not about what worrying. Today they begin in the bay of Palma the Regatta of the Glass of the King of sailing and that is known there is sea, there is glass, there is sailing and, especially, there is King. Besides there are hundred inscribed ships, almost thousand crew members, to readier which, and an organization to test of tempests. The only thing that does not exist is an alone response to the great summer question: why does not Prince sail? Debit of being because the only reason does not exist to explain an absence that for being the first one has acquired apocalyptic dimensions. The first explanation gained itself the right to be the most credible: Don Felipe leaves this year the regatta because in his list of priorities the first place occupies his desire to be together with his wife pregnanacy of the first son of both who, since it is known, not only is a son but a future king. He understands himself and it should applaud the gesture, habida account of which if don Felipe marks trend, many women will be able to put it as example in similar situations. The habitual excuses of the work or the commitments that so much some husbands use to remove himself of enmedio will be able to be deformed now by more reason: " If the Prince has done it, you also can ", it will be able to be heard in many houses, and all that that we will go out winning.
This first explanation that so much public will make him gain to the Prince has, nevertheless, a problem, since it leaves dona Letizia as the direct person in charge of the change of activities of her husband. Thereabouts we go badly, so the decision of don Felipe comes from distant view. They all those who have followed his participation in the last glasses of the King knew that he was not to taste. The success of the competition was turning some days the facilities of the nautical club of Palm into a fair of which the Prince was fleeing in all that he could. The famous ones in search of promotion were mixing with the sportsmen in a coctail that was not well digerido. Every year, besides, the Prince, who Hamlet sailboat, had to decide if he was adding to the crew of the Aifos or to that of the CAM.El the first sailboat belongs to the Navy, and in occasions the managing of a ship was turning out to be a bit difficult in the one that was joining sports tactics with military strategy. To the CAM there came don Felipe of the hand of his friend and regatista Olympic Fernando León, who achieved the sponsorship of the Savings bank of the Mediterranean. The sponsored candles have benefited this sport, but also they have created commitments. Up to the actor Antonio Banderas it has had to happen for the island to promote the TAU, the sailboat of the one that is an outfitter together with his brother Javier, to whose crew Theresa Zabell has joined this year the Olympic medallista.
In all this studding of interests, the decision of the Prince has stopped being what actually is: a personal decision based on his understandable family situation. Neither the infanta Cristina, habitual crew member of Puig's Azure, will go out today to the sea and there is understood that she prefers being with her small daughter. At the moment, don Felipe and dona Letizia, that last Friday of dawn they returned to the island after their displacement to Peralada (Girona) will continue a few days in Palm, hoping undoubtedly that it subsides the temporary one, but to half a week they will leave the island. The answers to so many things that happen inside and out of Marivent, as Bob Dylan would say, it be that to ask them to the wind

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.diariodenavarra.es/actualidad/noticia.asp?not=2005080114001255&dia=20050801&seccion=nacional

The King does not go out to sail along the death of the King Fahd

Lunes, on August 1. 14.01 h.AGENCIES. Palm
The King, after knowing this morning the death of the King Fahd of Saudi Arabia, with whom he was joining a narrow and old friendship, did not take part today in the first day of the Glass XXIV of Candle that takes his name, which until Sunday will be disputed in waters of the bay of Palm.
Don Juan Carlos, reported a speaker of the House of the King, remains in his office of Marivent's Palace, where this evening he will receive the prime minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, who will travel to Majorca to do business with the King before beginning his vacations in Lanzarote's island.
(...)

The Queen accompanied by her daughter the Infanta Cristina, has travelled this morning to Barcelona to know her new nephew, the third son of the Princess Alexia of Greece, daughter of her brother the King Constantino, who was born last Friday in a clinic of the Barcelona.

(From ABC)

The King's Cup begins without the Prince or the Infanta Dona Cristina.

The recent pregnancy of the Infanta and the next paternity of Don Felipe are the motives which justify that this summer the family photo in the Majorcan waters won't be complete This year, for the first time in many years the King will be the only member of the Royal Family who will take part in the ditch of the King's Cup - Agua Brava, which starts today in the bay of Palma. Neither the Prince of Asturias nor the Infanta Cristina, who have been there in twenty-three previous editions of the ditch, will compete this summer in the King's Cup. The absence of the Duchess of Palma it's because of her recent pregnancy, and Don Felipe's reason to don't participate it's because his next paternity.

The Princes are passing the summer in their Majorcan residence of Sound Vent. The only difference will be that Don Felipe won't compete in the ditch so the couple will be able to share these days of rest after a very intense year of work as the one that they have had. The Princes will stay in the island until the middle of the week, but it is possible that they leave Majorca a few days to return later. The Dukes of Palma and their four children are also in the island. Predictably, the biggest kids will sail with the Queen in the "Fortuna"" or the "Somni" to see the competition.

The 13º Bribón.

While Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, who already is on the verge of the sixth month of her pregnancy, pass the summer "in land", the King will release his 13º Bribón, a fast sailboat that was constructed in New Zealand and which will compete together with other hundred crafts for the trophies of this nautical proof, which will be given on Sunday in the Castle of Bellver.

In order to finish all the preparations for the ditch, the activity was frantic in the Royal Nautical Club of Palm yesterday, where the crew members were preparing their crafts for the hard proof which they will have to face from today. There they were the CAM and the Azur de Puig traditionally lead by the Prince of Asturias and the Infanta Doña Cristina, but this year they will sail without them.

As the rest of the crew members, Don Juan Carlos will sail in the bay of Palm. But this evening, after the ditch, Don Juan Carlos will give the welcome in Marivent's Palace the prime minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, who will move up to the island from Madrid to "do business" with the King before starting his vacations in the residence of The Mareta, in Lanzarote tomorrow, a building property of National Wealth, in which the president will pass the summer with his wife, Sonsoles Espinosa, and his two daughters.

And here some "old" pics from this summer that haven't been posted (I think! ;) )
(Source: Newscom)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 193
http://www.diariodirecto.com/OPINION/VILLACASTIN/villacastin.html

Letizia impone sus leyes

(By Rosa Villacastín)

The Bay of Palma de Mallorca, and concretely the Royal Nautical Club, will be scene for the Copa del Rey-Trofeo Agua Brava, one of most important worldwide competitions.

This summer, the competition has been darkened by the death of the King of Saudi Arabia, a personal friend of King Juan Carlos, who, for respect to the late sovereign, decided not to participate in the first day of the regattas; something that the Prince did not do, but for other reasons. The first and main one is that he wishes to spend more time with his wife, the Princess of Asturias, breaking therefore a custom that had become almost a law.

This fact has triggered all kind of speculations: that the Princess wants to spend more time in Asturias with her grandmother; that the Princess, being such a defender of parity, has convinced her husband that the pregnancy is a thing of the couple; that, due to the pregnancy, they want to savour such an important moment with tranquillity and calmness, etc. etc. In short, Doña Letizia, once again, has become an object of controversy, because many people guess that she is the one who draws the laws, as the wife of the heir to the throne. Nevertheless, this is a half truth, because if there’s somebody who must gain the affection and the respect of the public, that person is Don Felipe, like his father, the King, who, in his first appearance before the social and sport press, had words of affection towards the journalists and the numerous public, who wished to take a photo with him. Unlike the Prince, whose attitude does not favour his image among the press, whose coexistence he must get used to.

The question that many of you probably do is why must the members of the Royal Family participate in these regattas? The answer is simply because they are the best promotion for the islands, and because there is much money invested by sponsors in these regattas. For that reason, the presence of the Royal Family is absolutely essential; something that is getting more and more complicated, as each one of the King’s children is organizing their summers the way it pleases them more. Infanta Elena in Paris; Infanta Cristina in Palma (but without participating, due to the fact she is recovering from the birth of her daughter); finally the Prince, because the regattas request much of him. It is necessary to be in training, it is necessary to get up early, not to party, not to drink, and during the long regatta he must sleep through the waves. And at this moment, what he wishes for his life is to have a romantic dinner with his wife, to take a bathe in any pool and to wait for the arrival of the heir… a matter subjected to an endless speculation.

People say that the sex of a child is known by the shape of the belly and the colour of the skin. If this law was as exact as mathematics, the future of the monarchy would be likely to be in the hands of a girl. But this is just a popular saying and the truth is that the Princes don’t say a word on a subject (which they probably know already), preferring to keep silence until it’s born… a way, like any other, to feed people’s curiosity.

Last edited:
What one writes when there is nothing of what to write. What pesaditos that are with the topic. And as for the Prince, if they will leave him alone and to his wife, and they were stopping harassing and him chasing at all hours surely that ihe was nicer him.
Certainly, the daughter of the Infanta Cristina is called Irene and not Sofia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom