The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-03-2003, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Do they speak Greek or Spanish together? Or do they get by with making hand gestures? B)

Old 09-04-2003, 07:10 AM
Commoner

I would assume both depends on where they are and what they are doing. I do know that Sofia has taught the two Infantas and the Crown Prince Greek.

Old 09-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Courtier

It's known that Queen Sofia talk with Felipe and the infantas in english

So, problaby, and because the greek RF lives in London, they speak english :P
Old 10-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Proud grandma Queen Sofia earlier this summer (2003) with her daughter Infanta Cristina's three sons, Juanito, Pablo and holding Miguel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sofia_grandkids_b.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	19163  
Old 12-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Aug 22nd, 2003 - 3:38 pm
Polfoto 22-08-2003 © QUEEN INTERNATIONAL REFERENCE: ALVARO CABRARA ISLAND, SPAIN, 22 AUGUST 2003 THE SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY, WHO SPEND HOLLIDAYS IN BALEARES ISLANDS, VISITED THE RESERVE OF SEA TURTLES OF THE CABRERA ISLAND. THE QUEEN SOFIA WAS ACCOMPANIED BY HER TWO DAUGHTERS, PRINCESSES CRISTINA AND ELENA, WHO WERE WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE HUSBANDS, INAKI URDANGARIN & JAIME DE MARICHALAR, AND THEIR BABIES.

IN THE IMAGE: INFANTA CRISTINA WITH HER SON JUANITO WALKING IN FRONT OF HER.
<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-family:Arial'>that pix looks more like princess christina&#39;s son pablo nicolas is walking in front of her instead of pablo. jus my gues. </span></span>
Old 07-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Their Magesties and the Dukes of Lugo already arrived to Maiorca, where the spanish royal family usualy spends their summer vacations B)

I leave you the pics from the arrival :)
Old 07-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Courtier

Will Cristina and her young family be joining her parents and sister on holiday soon? (I recently saw pictures of Cristina with Sofia and Maria Teresa and she looked very thin -- is she okay health wise?)

And perhaps Felipe and Letizia will join his family in Majorca after Mexico? They very much deserve some R & R after their whirlwind of royal duties&#33;

Last summer I believe the King and Queen of Greece, Prince Pavlos and his family and Princess Irene joined the Spanish royals in Majorca, too. Will this be happening this year?

Old 07-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Aristocracy

I see Jaime is wearing another fine outfit...
Old 07-22-2004, 07:33 PM
Courtier

About Cristina, it&#39;s known that she was making diet, but i belive that is enough, she&#39;s staying too thin And, her family is already in Maiorca

Felipe and Letizia will also be in Maiorca.

About the greekes, i don&#39;t know :)
Old 07-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Courtier

First day of the Breitling Sailing Cup in Mallorca:

He&#39;s not Spanish, but I thought i&#39;d throw him in: King of Norway
King Juan Carlos 1
Prince Felipe 1
Father and Son 1
Queen Sofia and her five grandchildren 1. Great photo&#33;&#33;&#33;
Old 07-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Courtier

They added a bunch more photos at Getty--but I&#39;m too lazy to post them all, so try this link. It&#39;s worth it. More great photos of the King and the Prince, as well as of the Queen with her grandkids.

Regata Day One

There is something about that little Froilan--even when he looks board--that screams trouble--spoiled and misbehaved--but charming beyond belief. I think he inherited his grandfather&#39;s devilish charm--in Spain he&#39;s the most popular of the five grandkids.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Where&#39;s Letizia? She wasn&#39;t at the regata?

love,
Anna
Old 07-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by Anna_R@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 7:54 pm

love,
Anna
I noticed that too...maybe she is too tired after all these trips or she has this pregnancy sickness (if she is pregnant) :flower:
Old 07-24-2004, 05:02 AM
Courtier

I like Queen Sofia as a grandmother because she frequently or always hangs out with all her grandchildren. It is very evident because she looks for a certain time amidst her hectic schedule just to go to a park or museum with either the 5 of them or only Infanta Cristina&#39;s sons or Infanta Elena&#39;s children.

Of all the Royal grandmothers in the world or in Europe, she is always seen hanging out with them. Unlike other grandmothers who only hang-out with their grandchildren whenever there is an official function like birthdays.

I hope all of them would really have time for their grandchildren.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 07-24-2004, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Anna_R@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 7:54 pm

love,
Anna
no, she wasn&#39;t. she will go to the port portbaus in the second fase.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Jul 24th, 2004 - 6:35 am
no, she wasn&#39;t. she will go to the port portbaus in the second fase.
Oh, thank you&#33;

love
Anna
Old 07-24-2004, 02:13 PM

Some new links of the royal family in a regatta, here they are hope you enjoy them:

Doña Letizia se estrena como navegante junto a la Familia Real · Sociedad · Actualidad · Terra

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/no...asp?pkid=144177

HOPE U FIND USEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2004, 07:23 PM
Courtier

There are a number of photos from day two of the regata, but they are all very similar--I&#39;ll just post a few.

Queen Sofia captures the moment
Chatting
In-laws and grandkids
Victoria rests on her aunt
Infanta Cristina
Letizia smiling
The Regata
Old 07-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by lucys@Jul 24th, 2004 - 6:23 pm
There are a number of photos from day two of the regata, but they are all very similar--I&#39;ll just post a few.

Queen Sofia captures the moment
Chatting
In-laws and grandkids
Victoria rests on her aunt
Infanta Cristina
Letizia smiling
The Regata
Woww..Letiziaseems to have beautiful legs in that picture where she is smiling :flower:

Tags
breitling regatta, cristina, crown prince pavlos, elena, felipe, froilán de marichalar, greek royal family, harald v, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, infanta elena, irene (1942 - ), jaime de marichalar, juan carlos i, juan urdangarín, letizia, mallorca, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín, prince of asturias, princess alexia, princess irene (1942 -), princess marie chantal, princess of asturias, queen sofia, regatta, sailing, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family, summer holiday, summer holidays, victoria de marichalar