Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2003-2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they go to the Hamptons last year? I believe they were there in 2001, and 2002..but I don't remember anything about last year.

Originally posted by lucys+Aug 5th, 2004 - 6:35 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lucys @ Aug 5th, 2004 - 6:35 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Genevieve@Aug 5th, 2004 - 6:14 pm
Where is Elena during these regattas? Does she not enjoy sailing as much as the rest of the family? It seems that Elena and her family arrived in Majorca with the King and Queen at the beginning of the holidays and have not been seen since.
The Infanta Elena, her husband and children are no longer in Mallorca--I think they are in the Hamptons--surprise, surprise, it's where Jaime likes to summer since he's such a big snob. [/b][/quote]
The New York Hamptons? Hasn't been any local news about them, nor would most people care, I think.

Originally posted by lucys@Aug 5th, 2004 - 7:05 pm
I don't think he's being seen by Doctor's in NYC any longer, but you could be right and I could most certainly be wrong. Don't get me wrong, I find Jaime de Marichalar's unabashed foppery peculiarly endearing. Who else can get away with his combination of shirts and ties and poorly buttened suits and colorful fans? And all from the very best shops in Paris? I'm forced to find the man charming--he's something out of an old novel.

And you know, every one in Spain gives him full and total credit for the change in the Infanta Elena from one of the worst dressed women in Spain before she married him to one of the best dressed.
I don't remember when Jaime went to NYC for the treatment (could be fall 2002), but the whole family did spent the 1st half of 2003 until August in NYC, where Jaime was receiving his treatment. It was not a short period of time.
I absolutely agreed at what you said about him. I don't mean to defend him, but if he has no passions for regatas, let him vacation somewhere else. It's very boring for him to sit on the yacht watching his in-laws competing the whole week. I would want to go somewhere else too if I were him.

Originally posted by Alisa@Aug 5th, 2004 - 8:00 pm
Did they go to the Hamptons last year? I believe they were there in 2001, and 2002..but I don't remember anything about last year.
The whole family was in NYC until mid-August last year, where Jaime was receiving his medical treatment. They went to Mallorca in mid-August when the RF almost ended their summer vacation.

Originally posted by lucys@Aug 6th, 2004 - 8:13 am
Some nice photos today of the current Kings and the future Kings arriving at the Marina. I think Letizia--in a very simple outfit, casual and perfect for a day at the Marina--looks particularly lovely. She has quite a figure.

Current and futures.
Current and futures posing
Felipe and Letizia
Felipe and Letizia
Quuen Sofia and Princess Letizia
Lovely image of Queen and Princess
I always find Letizia glowing whether in casual or in formal clothing..she has such an aura around her...i feel she projects such a warm personality..The Spanish couple seems to me more genuine, warm (not necessarily by public kissing like the Danish couple) and mature...

Although this is Spanish Royality's forum, i can't help but compare all the new princesses...
for example, i always feel there is something stiff projected by Mary of Danmark, there is something not genuine about her person ( my feelings)...as for her clothes, i was never impressed..

OK this is MY opinion... :innocent:

So apparently after Felipe and the King left the ladies in the Marina Club yesterday, Letizia and the Queen chatted with the reporters and photographers for a little while. Besides asking the photographers if they don't get to go on vacation too, aong other anecdotes, Letizia told the reporters that they were wrong, she's expecting quintuplettes not twins! The Queen talked about how excited she is to go to the olympics in Athens.

Afterwards, they went to lunch with the Queen's sister and best friend (cousin) on the northern part of the island:

Posing for photographers after lunch
King today on last day of the regatta
Felipe

Prizes are given out tomorrow--Felipe's crew is in a close race between second and third against a boat skippered by Antonio Banderas' brother.

Originally posted by lucys@Aug 6th, 2004 - 9:13 am
Some nice photos today of the current Kings and the future Kings arriving at the Marina. I think Letizia--in a very simple outfit, casual and perfect for a day at the Marina--looks particularly lovely. She has quite a figure.

Current and futures.
Current and futures posing
Felipe and Letizia
Felipe and Letizia
Quuen Sofia and Princess Letizia
Lovely image of Queen and Princess
Thanks, Lucys, for posting these photos. They are terrific photos ~ especially the one with Letizia and the Queen ~ with Letizia whispering something in the Queen's ear. I hope that "bond" between them lasts for a long long time to come. From my own experience, it's quite nice to have a good relationship with one's mother-in-law. You can really tell from these photos what a "giant" Felipe is compared to his wife, mother, and father!

Earlier I read a post saying that Letizia looks more thin NOW than from before the wedding .. and, I'll have to agree. I have two nieces-in-law who are Size O. I didn't even know there was a Size O until I looked at the tags in some of her dresses. I imagine that Letizia might be a "Size O" also. She's had such a full schedule since the wedding, maybe she still hasn't let herself relax too much lately and "lay back" and eat some "nachos"! :lol: That'll put some weight on her for sure!

Elizajane

lucys said:
Today was the last day of the King's cup--a few images from the awards ceremony (Felipe's ship "CAM" came in third).

Great pictures lucys!

The more I see of Letizia's style the more I like it. It's so simple and understated. Not in the least bit flashy or in your face. And it works so well for her. I thought that the other day in the crisp white trousers and pink T-shirt, Letizia was at her best.

How did the other royals participating in the King's Cup do? The King, Cristina, King Harald?

Alexandria said:
Great pictures lucys!

The more I see of Letizia's style the more I like it. It's so simple and understated. Not in the least bit flashy or in your face. And it works so well for her. I thought that the other day in the crisp white trousers and pink T-shirt, Letizia was at her best.

How did the other royals participating in the King's Cup do? The King, Cristina, King Harald?

King Juan Carlos--4th place
Infanta Cristina--12th place
King Harald--14nth Place

Total in their class--35 boats (Curious fact: the 2nd place finish was skippered by the brother of Antonio Banderas.)

I agree with your description of her style and also loved her in that pink t-shirt and white pants. She has an understated elegance which is very much to my liking--others prefer "flashy" but I prefer her subtelty.

lucys said:
King Juan Carlos--4th place
Infanta Cristina--12th place
King Harald--14nth Place

Total in their class--35 boats (Curious fact: the 2nd place finish was skippered by the brother of Antonio Banderas.)

Thanks for the update lucys. Looks like the King and Felipe were pretty close in the race! Great to see that everybody did so well.

Letizia looks so chic and comfortable with her hair in a ponytail. The pastels look nice and cool on her ,too. A dream vaction.

here are photos from the IBL site

Attachments

• 764008_01.jpeg
    764008_01.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 691
  • 764008_02.jpeg
    764008_02.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 645
  • 764008_03.jpeg
    764008_03.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 646
  • 764008_04.jpeg