Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They all looked marvelous at the dinner, simply marvelous. Elegant, understated, conservative and yet modern. I particularly liked Infanta Elena's outfit and Princess Letizia's dress.

This is one very long thread, so thanks to all the diligent posters who kept us up to date on all the summer photos and news articles!!!

I think that letizia outfit was beautiful... she looks so happry... I am dissapointed with the outfit of the other ladys

Letizia's dress was okay for me. The Queen's was what-can-I say? Infanta Cristina's made her look like she's still pregnant. Infanta Elena's was not very summery and yet it was wrinkly, but nice color though. The men were definitely wonderful.

I thought Elena's and Christina's outfits made them both look pregnant.

Dinner with the PM and his wife. I think the PMs wife is a striking and elegant woman. The Queen shoes Im sure are some local shoes but it just looks a little casual
facetoface

Attachments

• 00736315.jpg
    00736315.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 227
  • 00736323.jpg
    00736323.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 00736322.jpg
    00736322.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 236
  • 00736321.jpg
    00736321.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 00736320.jpg
    00736320.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 00736319.jpg
    00736319.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 00736318.jpg
    00736318.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 00736317.jpg
    00736317.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 00736316.jpg
    00736316.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 00736314.jpg
    00736314.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 219
Look sofia points too, (just like leatizia) can't be really bad if she does it.;)

Larzen said:
Dinner with the PM and his wife. I think the PMs wife is a striking and elegant woman. The Queen shoes Im sure are some local shoes but it just looks a little casual
facetoface

susan alicia said:
Look sofia points too, (just like leatizia) can't be really bad if she does it.;)

No susan, is oke for sofia to points when ever she wants.look at here she pointing TWO FINGERS!!.She can also put her fingers in sonsoles eye if she want.No one is gonna criticize the Queen.The problem is Letizia.She can't do anything .
0130.gif
Next time Letizia, Leave you're fingers at Home!!
0132.gif
:D

susan alicia said:

hey girls, we normally find photos of letizia pointing out things, but it's rare to find the queen pointing out things. if we get 1 photo of the queen doing it, we get 10 of letizia.

i was surprised of the pm's wife. at first (before elections) she seemed calmed, humble and a woman who didn't really like being in the spotlight. she now seems to have changed a lot...

carlota said:
i was surprised of the pm's wife. at first (before elections) she seemed calmed, humble and a woman who didn't really like being in the spotlight. she now seems to have changed a lot...

You're right and she always looks very classy, I like that. :)

I like the first and last picture larzen posted, they illustrate how juan carlos and sofia are able to make people feel welcome and feel good about themselves

Do you know if they all have returned to Madrid yet? Are there any nformation about their following activities?

"The Palace is Marivent and is located in Mallorca"
"Little Star, as I understand it the Palace of Marivent is on loan to the Spanish Royal Family for 99 years. I believe King JC "negotiated" this arrangement near the beginning of his reign -- although someone on this list might be able to give more specific details. Anyway, the "Palace" is actually a complex and on it's grounds contains houses for each of the royal children, with the Princes of Asturias having the second grandest house of the complex for their use."

Thank you fanletizia and Emily, I wish someone would loan me the use of a palace!

From El Mundo:

"Aunque oficialmente finalizan sus vacaciones mañana, los Reyes permanecerán en Palma de Mallorca hasta el próximo fin de semana, según confirmaron a Europa Press fuentes de la Zarzuela, y el próximo lunes serán recibidos en audiencia por el Papa Benedicto XVI en su residencia de verano de Castelgandolfo (Roma)".

So even though their holidays are over, the King and Queen will spend all this week in Palma and they will meet the Pope in Castelgandolfo next Monday.

I can’t help telling again how excellent Queen Sofía looks these days, but I also have to add that I really love Mrs. Zapatero’s style. She always knows how to make the perfect combination between the elegance and the discretion that all first ladies should show. Good for her.:)

Here some pics from this summer. (I think these hasn't been posted yet. ;) )

From COVER.

Attachments

• CA6N4H6F.jpg
    CA6N4H6F.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 361
  • CAEFS9MN.jpg
    CAEFS9MN.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 348
  • CAIB01YV.jpg
    CAIB01YV.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 339
  • CAQRWHIZ.jpg
    CAQRWHIZ.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 304
  • CAWPAVK9.jpg
    CAWPAVK9.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 439
Thanks for the last photos Isabella :) . When will the Dukes of Lugo and Palma leave Mallorca? Or have they already?

Little_star said:
"Little Star, as I understand it the Palace of Marivent is on loan to the Spanish Royal Family for 99 years. I believe King JC "negotiated" this arrangement near the beginning of his reign -- although someone on this list might be able to give more specific details. Anyway, the "Palace" is actually a complex and on it's grounds contains houses for each of the royal children, with the Princes of Asturias having the second grandest house of the complex for their use."

Thank you fanletizia and Emily, I wish someone would loan me the use of a palace!
To read more about Marivent, take a look at the July/August newsletter:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=246500#post246500

Thanks for the link Elsa M. I was visiting Mallorca last week and the hotel I stayed in was in Cala Mayor and opposite the Marivent palace.(didn't realise until I got there):p All I could see was the huge wall surrounding it. But from my balcony I could see the grounds and all the security etc...
From the beach you could get a better view of the palace from the sea. It looked lovely! ;)

Has anyone ever stayed in Cala Mayor near the palace or in Mallorca and seen the royals?

Last edited:
"Thanks for the link Elsa M. I was visiting Mallorca last week and the hotel I stayed in was in Cala Mayor and opposite the Marivent palace.(didn't realise until I got there):p All I could see was the huge wall surrounding it. But from my balcony I could see the grounds and all the security etc...
From the beach you could get a better view of the palace from the sea. It looked lovely! ;)

Has anyone ever stayed in Cala Mayor near the palace or in Mallorca and seen the royals?"

I've never stayed in Cala Mayor, the first time we were in Santa Ponca (pronounced Ponsa) and the second we stayed near Llucmajor. We drove through Cala Major I think, along the coastal road, so we probably went past the Marivent palace without even realising.

planetcher said:
Infanta Cristina's made her look like she's still pregnant.

Cristina only gave birth about two months before these pictures were taken. It takes about six months before women lose their pregnancy weight. I would say that Cristina looks pretty great for someone who gave birth so recently. You can't expect that she would've been in perfect physical form so soon after giving birth to Irene. Plus a woman experiences many different hormonal effects post-pregnancy, especially during the first 4-6 weeks.

Give Cristina time. She will look gorgeous as ever soon enough. :)

pics from face to face of Cristina and kids in mallorca in summer. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 00722182.jpg
    00722182.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 00722183.jpg
    00722183.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 00722184.jpg
    00722184.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 284
  • 00722185.jpg