Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
press 'refresh'.
Thank you!

Old 12-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza View Post
Just how short is the phillipines president?
CP Letizia look as elegant as ever as does the Queen, it's always a joy to see the Spanish Royal Family.
Although this isn't the right place and alot hve been said already, but I just hve to say it again - I think Letizia is losing too much weight - she's still as pretty but far too thin. Hope everything is well for her.
I think she's around 4'11" to 5'0"

Old 12-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very nice tiara and earrings.

http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...3d5c79eed6.jpg
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...0b9ac839a9.jpg
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...5f92938b9f.jpg

Isabel Preysler has a very nice dress. Letizia needs a similar top for her pink layered skirts.

http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...b11899fbb7.jpg
Old 12-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen, always elegant, but I cannot say I like this gown on her. It is a beautiful gown, but somehow drains the color from her face. She is a beautiful woman. Elegant and lovely. Letizia carries the Mellerio Tiara very well. She, also, is a beautiful woman. The top of her gown is great, but the skit somehow doesn't cut it. And, I am sorry, but she is too thin. It is very unbecoming.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

the tiara, hairdo and make-up are lovely, but she's too thin right now
Old 12-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Nobility

I love the tiara Letizia is wearing. It matches perfectly with her top and the earings.

The skirt is a recycle but the top is new. This top matches this skirt better than the white satin blouse she wore in New York several years ago. But, I wouldn't design something so boxy and shapeless for Letizia. Letizia has curves on top but she doesn't have much curves at the waist/hip area. This top makes her look shapeless. I would have designed something showing her bust line such as a criss-cross design or a cinched waistline.

Oh-oh, people start saying the "thin" word again. Let the preganency watch begin...
Old 12-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

She has a busy working schedule, a busy social life and a very energenic 2-year-old. Perhaps she should spend more weekends staying home, doing nothing, just eat and sleep. Felipe is going to Argentina this weekend, maybe it's a good time for her to put on a couple of kilos by staying at home doing nothing.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I like this photo a lot, the King and the President
http://www.canarias7.es/fotos/o/0712/75051-2g.jpg
"There's something in your coat madam president. Let me remove it for you." Yeah. Nice picture of the King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouwrein View Post
I think this is the first time that Letizia wear this pearl tiara. It's nice that she wears a different tiara for tonight. http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71dd84a8fg.jpg.
Yes, it's also the first time I've seen her with this tiara. It looks nice I think this is the one they call the "shell tiara" designed by Mellerio. I like her dress but the style makes her look to thin. I know she's got 2 kids to take care of, and she had always been slim, but I really hope she gains more weight.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyLeonor View Post
Yes, Isabel Preysler is curtseying to Prince Felipe
"Free at last, free at last, free at last. Thank God the Almighty we are free at last"-Martin Luther King
Old 12-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lots of women have children, careers and clean house and do laundry and they try and stay slim. I doubt if Letizia is cleaning the palace and cooking and shopping and taking care of the children night and day. She is lovely and she is busy and, perhaps, she has trouble putting on a bit of weight. That is quite possible. She doesn't look sickly, she just looks like a stick figure.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that princess Letizia looked very lovely last night, the tiara suited her very well and I loved the top. About her weight - I lost 15 kg´s at four months when I was about 25 years old. The doctors said that it´s due to hormons. The weight never came back. I had always been a little fat, but now I´m guite slender.
The main thing is that princess Letizia looks very happy, even if she is slender.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Isabel Preysler has a very nice dress. Letizia needs a similar top for her pink layered skirts.
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...b11899fbb7.jpg
Thank you so much for posting this photo! She's wearing a fabulous dress as well.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:34 AM
Nobility

more pics from the lunch from polfoto:

http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/search.cmd?searchtype=SIMPLE_SEARCH&fritekst2=letizia

she looks nice at the lunch but did not she already wear the skirt she wore at the gala? I not a huge fan of her white top but i am glad she wore a new tiara.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gala dinner held at the Royal Palace in Madrid

PPE Agency

Article and photos
LOS REYES Y LOS PRÍNCIPES DE ASTURIAS AGASAJAN CON UNA CENA DE GALA EN EL PALACIO REAL A LA PRESIDENTA DE FILIPINAS

Galerías de imágenes
Old 12-04-2007, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Letizia wear that skirt when they visit New York with a white silk blouse! I love this skirt if you see it closely it is a beautiful and maybe hand embroide long skirt!
Isabel Presley is very elegant has always, she has accustom us to her elegant clothes always and has never been disapointing!
And again I must say that Letizia looks terrible thin, she doesn't look sick but very very thin, even a Portuguese magazine has her on the front page saying that she weight 45 kilos and she messure 1,68 and that weight is really not enough.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:11 AM
Serene Highness

Princess letizia was really elegant last night!!!!! I love her dress: simple but classy!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 12-04-2007, 04:22 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Nice photo

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2...40c39a4as4.jpg

Gallery ABC
Cena de gala en el Palacio Real en honor de la presidenta de Filipinas
Old 12-04-2007, 05:01 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
The skirt is a recycle but the top is new. This top matches this skirt better than the white satin blouse she wore in New York several years ago. But, I wouldn't design something so boxy and shapeless for Letizia. Letizia has curves on top but she doesn't have much curves at the waist/hip area. This top makes her look shapeless. I would have designed something showing her bust line such as a criss-cross design or a cinched waistline.
I agree with highpriestess regarding the top. It has no shape. I wonder if Letizia started wearing shapeless and badly cut clothes or emperor style to avoid a discussion about her weight. She is terribly skinny therefore it's good that the top has sleeves but it does show in her face, she looks older than her age and gauntly. Hairstyle, make up & tiara are lovely though. I am glad she chose this tiara. Sofia has two huge tiaras, loop & fleur de lys, they would look too big on Letizia. She probably won't wear them before becoming Queen Letizia anyway.

Regarding the skirt, I don't know what to say. Yes it's a pretty skirt (by Caprile) but yesterday it was being recycled for the fourth time. On the last occasions it has always been this mix and match with old skirts and new or altered or recylcled tops and not for the better but for the worse. I don't get the unability to provide a proper gala dress for Letizia. One phone call to Caprile would be enough and ask him to design a couple of nice gala dresses which can be recycled during the next 30 years as Princess or as Queen.

Talking of the Queen, she's flawless as most times. Not sure about Mrs Arroyo's gown, the sleeves are ugly.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

On the skirt, for my was evident that the Princess would use this skirt in this dinner.

This skirt follows the design and the embroideries of a " Mantón de Manila ", a type of very popular shawl in Spain, specially in Andalusia. These embroideries came to Spain from Asia across the trade with the Philippines when they were a Spanish colony, of there its denomination " of Manila ". It is one of the cultural elements that still today shows the link between both countries. So the choice of the skirt was not a chance.

http://e-encuentros.iespana.es/mant%...e%20manila.jpg
http://imagenes.solostocks.com/media...ia_1205889.jpg
http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/harana...1/2145a269.jpg