State Visit from the Dominican Republic to Spain: September 17-19, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulette

Courtier
Country
Philippines
Madrid, Spain - Gala dinner at La Zarzuela Palace held in honour of the President of the Dominican Republic, Hipolito Dominguez Mejia, and her wife, Rosa Gomez Arias, in a three-day state visit to Spain.

1. Queen Sofia and Crown Prince Felipe

2. Princess Cristina of Spain

3. Receiving line

4. Princess Cristina and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarin

5. Crown Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 452
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 488
  • Palas.jpg
    Palas.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 442
  • C_and_I.jpg
    C_and_I.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 472
  • CP_and_K.jpg
    CP_and_K.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 429
Last edited by a moderator:
everyone looks so elegant!
Is the tiara the Infanta is wearing hers to keep? I know her sister recieved one from her husband's family.

That is the tiara that she wore in her wedding, but i belive that she did't kept it. I already see Queen Sofia wearing it after Cristina's wedding for a couple of times ;) .

colourpress.com - colour the world with photos ... - Madrid, Spain - Gala dinner at La Zarzuela Palace held in honour of the President of the Dominican Republic, Hipolito Dominguez Mejia, and her wife, Rosa Gomez Arias, in a three-day state visit to Spain. Photo: Euroimagen

Attachments

• SP_sofia_503.jpg
    SP_sofia_503.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 427
  • SP_family_502c.jpg
    SP_family_502c.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 407
  • SP_family_502d.jpg
    SP_family_502d.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 413
I wonder what is wrong with Felipe, :unsure: I have never seen him look so grumpy :angry: and unhappy. :(

The photografer of this event didn't chosed the best pics. I saw very beautiful images of Felipe in this gala dinner on tv :blush: :wub: And if you in the felipe forum, there was amazing pics from him in Asturias, just few days ago :blush:

But the truth is that no one looks very happy in this pics, maybe Cristina :p

Maybe he had a headache. I am sure even royals get headaches now and then! :)

there isn't a La Zarzuela Palace, it is a Madrid's Royal Palace or Palace of Oriente (western) :p

Originally posted by RealGabo@Feb 7th, 2004 - 5:31 pm
there isn't a La Zarzuela Palace, it is a Madrid's Royal Palace or Palace of Oriente (western) :p
From the website of the Spanish Royal Family.

La Zarzuela Palace

During the 17th century, King Felipe IV ordered a small country palace or hunting lodge to be built in a place called La Zarzuela, in the El Pardo woods close to Madrid. Designed by the Royal architects, Gomez de Mora and Carbonell, who represented the sober, early baroque style in Madrid, it comprised a rectangular, slate-roofed building with two lateral arcades. The main feature was the Italianate garden, with fountains at different levels on three terraces, an orchard and a tree nursery.

The palace was to give its name to the Spanish zarzuela, a genre of light theatrical works including both spoken dialogue and song. The earliest works of this type, based on libretti by Calderon de la Barca, were performed between 1657 and 1660.

Carlos IV carried out alterations to the building to adapt it to late 18th century taste, and adorned it with tapestries, porcelain and lamps from the Royal factories as well as furniture and his much-loved clocks, of which he created a magnificent collection.

The palace was seriously damaged during during the Civil War (1936-1939) and required extensive re-building. While retaining the original layout, it was re-designed as the residence for Prince Juan Carlos and, for the first time, was provided with the necessary facilities and services for the life and official functions of the Heir to the Crown.

Their Majesties have lived in the palace since their marriage in 1962. The atmosphere is one of simplicity, comfort and family life.

In addition to being a home, the La Zarzuela Palace is a place of work. It is where Their Majesties receive Heads of State and hold audiences and occasional receptions. The reception areas display furniture and objects from former Royal collections. In the Audience Hall hangs the late 16th century tapestry, "Alexander distributes riches amongst his friends", by Jakob Geubels II and Jan Raes.

I am really sorry if ever the captions I placed were wrong regarding the palace wherein the event took place.
Well, that was what I saw in the captions of colurpress.com
Maybe it is really La Zarzuela Palace.

:rolleyes:

I really enjoy your pics and I asume that you don't be wrong but your information is a little erroneous (not you!!! :flower: )

1. Definitively, this is the Throne's Room of The Palace of Oriente!!! :innocent:

2. and finally: "Room of the Throne, Madrid Royal Palace"

Attachments

• Audience_Hall_of_La_Zarzuela_Palace.jpg
    Audience_Hall_of_La_Zarzuela_Palace.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 379
  • Room_of_the_Throne__Madrid_Royal_Palace.jpg
    Room_of_the_Throne__Madrid_Royal_Palace.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,562
My mistake :hardhead: = Oriente Palace correctly translate is Orient (East and not West :sick: ) Palace!!! :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom