State Visit from South Korea to Spain: February 11-14, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
The Korea Times : Korea Seeks to Broaden Inroads Into Europe

MADRID _ President Roh Moo-hyun has begun a visit to Spain, Italy and Vatican City, in an effort to diversify the foundation of South Korea¡¯s diplomacy.

During the weeklong journey, Roh aims to expand cooperation with Italy and Spain, the world¡¯s seventh and eighth largest economies, respectively, and the Vatican, which is the spiritual home of 1.2 billion Catholics around the globe.

While focusing on the substantial cooperation with the countries in the information-technology (IT) sector as well as trade and investment, Roh will also try to obtain firm support for Seoul¡¯s peace and prosperity policy of engaging North Korea.

As the three countries are popular tourist destinations, Roh will also try to promote cultural exchanges, according to officials traveling with the president.

Joint Strategy With Spain

From Don Quixote and Picasso, traditional bullfighting and flamenco dancing to the nation¡¯s contemporary football fever and wine, Spain is well known to South Koreans as a country of passionate people.

Since the two countries established diplomatic relations in 1950, no Korean head of state has made a visit to the European country.

Roh is to meet with King Juan Carlos I on Monday and Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero on Tuesday to discuss bilateral and international issues of mutual concern, according to the officials.

Roh and the two Spanish leaders will discuss joint strategies to advance into the Latin American markets together, while seeking cooperation in IT, including WiBro and digital multimedia broadcasting (DMB), said the officials.

While staying in Madrid from Feb. 11 to 14, Roh will also hold a forum with South Korean and Spanish business leaders, visit an exhibition of South Korean products in the capital city and meet South Korean residents in Spain.
He is also scheduled to attend the opening ceremony of the International Contemporary Art Fair (ARCO) along with the Spanish king. South Korea is serving as a guest host for the art festival held in Madrid.
President Roh¡¯s state visit this time, the first of its kind in 57 years, is expected to serve as a catalyst for the two sides to build substantial partnership,¡¯¡¯ Chong Wa Dae spokesman Yoon Seong-yong said.

Llega Madrid presidente de Corea del Sur en primera visita de Estado España

President of South Korea comes Madrid in the first visit of State to Spain

The president of South Korea, Roh Moo-Hyun, came today at 17:00 to Madrid for a visit of State to Spain, which will begin tomorrow and in the one that will be got by the King and the chief of the Executive, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero.

This one is the first official visit of a chief of Korean State to Spain and takes place more than ten years after, in October, 1996, the Kings realized a visit of State to Korea.

The Korean president came today to the Pavilion of State of the airport of Barajas accompanied of three ministers of his office (Foreign Affairs and Exterior Trade; Trade, Industry and Energy, and Information and Communication), as well as of the vice-minister of Culture and Tourism, and of a group of businessmen been interested in Spain.

According to the forecasts, Roh and his wife will be got tomorrow, on Monday, by the Kings, and in the evening the president surcoreano will visit the fair Expo Corea 07 that it assembles to approximately 60 Korean companies interested in stimulating relations with Spain, before being present at the dinner of show that Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofia will offer in his honor in the Royal Palace.

On Tuesday, the president of South Korea will support a meeting work with Rodríguez Zapatero, will come to an act in the Town hall of Madrid and will meet the Korean community established in Spain.

On Wednesday, the King will accompany Roh in the inauguration of the XVIII meeting of the businessman's bilateral committee España-Corea, before the Korean president visits the Senate and the Congress.

Besides, the agent chief executive surcoreano will visit the Prado Museum and the Center of Art Queen Sofia and he will represent, together with the Kings to a special inauguration of the Fair of ARCO, which this year has selected as country invited to Korea.

Roh will leave Madrid next 14th course to Italy for a stay of three days, in which he will visit the Pope and will meet the Italian president, Giorgio Napolitano and the prime minister, Romano Prodi.

Last edited by a moderator:
thankss for the information

Is tonights dinner going to be full 'gala wear'? Also, will it just be The King and Queen, or the Infantas aswell?

...sOfIa.... said:
Is tonights dinner going to be full 'gala wear'? Also, will it just be The King and Queen, or the Infantas aswell?

Yes, tonight is the gala dinner, presided by King, Queen and Prince Felipe, who knows maybe one of the infantas will appear :flowers:

The Princes....? in the "almuerzo"???
Can some one contrast the info?

fanletizia said:
Only Prince Felipe :flowers:

Thanks!!¡
it seemed to me very strange that Letizia was in the Luncheon :ermm:

thanks for the pictures
not this announced the appearance of letizia for tonight

Last edited:
fanletizia said:
Yes, tonight is the gala dinner, presided by King, Queen and Prince Felipe, who knows maybe one of the infantas will appear :flowers:

Thanks for that fanletizia :flowers: I wonder if The Queen will wear a new dress? :rolleyes:

I love the way they are all standing on the steps so they all look even in height.

The Queen is very handsome.:wub:
The Prince with dark necktie of mourning.:sad: :heart:

Paty said:
Thanks!!¡
it seemed to me very strange that Letizia was in the Luncheon :ermm:

Where did you see letizia in the luncheon?
Was she really there?

The Queen is very elegant! I was missing this outfit. :wub:
Thank you very much for the information! :flowers:

Official dinner at the Royal Palace

Photos from terra

Links removed as they are no longer working.

Last edited by a moderator:
thankss lula,The queen is very elegant today !!!!!!

I apologize if this a stupid question but I've been wondering this for awhile, when I look at pics such as the ones above. What is the significance of the color of the sash that the royals wear. I often see them wearing different colors for example in one of the pics above Felipe is wearing what appears to be a pink colored sash. Just wondering what's the deal with the different colors and the meanings.

Aurora810 said:
I apologize if this a stupid question but I've been wondering this for awhile, when I look at pics such as the ones above. What is the significance of the color of the sash that the royals wear. I often see them wearing different colors for example in one of the pics above Felipe is wearing what appears to be a pink colored sash. Just wondering what's the deal with the different colors and the meanings.

The sash corresponds to the decorations of the respective countries, depending on the country, or of the decoration the sashs are of different colors. When a Chief of State visits other one, the interchange of decorations is habitual. In this case, the sahs that the Kings take are Korean decorations.
In Spain, there are two important decorations. That of Carlos III, it has a sash of blue color, and that of Isabel the Catholic, yellow and white.

Last edited:
lula said:
The sash corresponds to the decorations of the respective countries, depending on the country, or of the decoration the sashs are of different colors. When a Chief of State visits other one, the interchange of decorations is habitual. In this case, the sahs that the Kings take are Korean decorations.
In Spain, there are two important decorations. That of Carlos III, it has a sash of blue color, and that of Isabel the Catholic, yellow and white.

Thanks Lula! I figured it was something like that but I wasn't sure. And now that you mention it I've seen Q. Rania wear the yellow and white sash during a visit to Spain.

Thank you very much for all the information :flowers:

I barely see what tiara the Queen is using :ermm: Is there any photo where I can see it or someone knows what is it?
Thanks in advance :flowers:
BTW, the Queen looks once again really elegant :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom