Heir Apparent

some wireimage pics:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/855...0222007vt9.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2...0222007tw4.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8...0222007ke6.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1...0222007ha0.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/127...0222007pz2.jpg

That skirt is either from the curtains or the furniture, is UGLY
this was her big comeback to full gala attire, why didn't she seize it?

Old 10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Courtier

Nouwrein your avatar is absolutely beautiful

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4...1022200fn3.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/659...1022200re6.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9...1022200ly7.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2...1022200ik2.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5...1022200ed8.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/718...1022200nw5.jpg

Old 10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Nobility

I like letizia's outfit a the lunch!
I like her top but her skirt is definetly from the curtain!!!!!She seems a bit tired but she did many engagement last week.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
some wireimage pics:

That skirt is either from the curtains or the furniture, is UGLY
this was her big comeback to full gala attire, why didn't she seize it?
Maybe she along with Zarzuela didn't think it was a big deal since this state visit is not as high profile as the ones of Russian, Chinese or Portugese President (I know Letizia had missed the last two). No matter what, this skirt is plainly ugly, she is better off wearing one of her old skirts.
I like her hair though. Hopefully she will have a nice hairdo at the PoA awards this Friday.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilieweber2004 View Post
I like letizia's outfit a the lunch!
I like her top but her skirt is definetly from the curtain!!!!!She seems a bit tired but she did many engagement last week.
Or busy packing over the weekend for the PoA Awards later this week .
Old 10-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyLeonor View Post
Nouwrein your avatar is absolutely beautiful

*Love Is Like A Rose In Winter, Only The Strong Survives* My Favorite Rose: Felipe & Letizia"
Thank you BeautyLeonor and thanks so much also to Lula for very prompt updates and also to crisiñaki for posting the unwatermarked pics from wireimage above

Here are 4 more unwatermarked pics from Isifa
ImageShack - Hosting :: is15681327qm0.png
ImageShack - Hosting :: is15681350ei2.png
ImageShack - Hosting :: is15681346kx1.png
ImageShack - Hosting :: is15681345rg7.png
Old 10-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

First the dress is not ugly only because it's not spectacular. Then, the whole of the complete gown plus the rubies and diamonds set - earrings, necklace and bracelet- is matching with discretion.

No for the curtain because in fact it's a refined silk satin with geometric design. If all the skirt/dress/gown with geometric design will be curtain it would be many curtain in this field.

But I agree it's not so spectacular that I would to see it egoïstiquely!

If you are watching to the color of the sashe for the Princes you can understand it's a low profile state visit because they don't wear one of the Chekoslovaquia as the Kings.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Lightbulb

How I miss the Infantas in gala dinners, they and their husbands give some style and old-fashioned elegance to these acts

`
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
First the dress is not ugly only because it's not spectacular. Then, the whole of the complete gown plus the rubies and diamonds set - earrings, necklace and bracelet- is matching with discretion.
the earrings and necklace are a match and are simply divine, very beautiful, but she screws the effect with the golden bracelets, which do not suit the rest of the ensemble at all

the top is ok to me, but the skirt is awful, it's just a matter of taste I think

I don't care if this was a low-key state dinner, she should have worn something more fitting to her role, most of what she owns looks cheap, Varela clothing isn't really that good and this matched set (even if the top isn't Varela, the skirt as it is so bad looks to be Varela) doesn't really...well...match
Old 10-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Elbow on the table is a NoNo - rule No 1 even for small children.
Do the women on both ends count especially the one on the right?

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5088...4A7CDA3746F3E7
Old 10-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I find Letizia's dress very nice. The two-piece with the patterned skirt is very elegant. Red is a very good color on her and the darker skirt brings out the elegant top.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gallery IPA

IPApress
Old 10-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Courtier

I love this picture! She looks gorgeous. I'm not so sure about the skirt, but the top and jewlery are fabulous. Thank you all for the wonderful pics.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:57 AM
Aristocracy

Letizia's dress is ugly. it wasn`t a good choice.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Gallery

Galerías de imágenes
Old 10-23-2007, 03:34 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher View Post
Do the women on both ends count especially the one on the right?

Woman on the left (Telma) - she is not a royal so she may be forgiven that she does not demonstrate appropriate table manners although in this case she is doing much better as her sister as she seems to be interacting with other people on the table.

Woman on the right (Cristina) - it's a caption made in a split of a second. As Telma, she seems to be in the middle of a conversation and doing a gesture, probably pointing at something.

Very different to Letizia's gesture, who is neither in a conversation nor interacting etc. She is just plain bored, resting her chin on her fist with elbow on the table as if she was asking herself when this annoying dinner would finally be over and she could go to bed. Very very unprofessional to allow a pic like that to be taken. It's a gesture of a defiant five-year-old but not of a CP at a gala dinner.

I won't compare Letizia to Cristina or Elena because there is no point and it's not fair but looking back at some appearances not only from recent weeks there is no question who was born into royalty and who wasn't.

Where has all her energy and drive gone? Letizia used to be a perfectionist, what has become of her. Too much going on with two daughters and royal duties and not enough staff to support her? Too bad as she could do so much better.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she's allowed to be bored, but she's not allowed to show it, it's all a matter of image

Excellent post DoM, as usual, you nail it on the head
Old 10-23-2007, 03:47 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
More photos:
Polfoto
I like the ladies outfits, especially the jacket of princess Letizia, it´s very beautiful, so are her shoes.
Queen Sofia looks good and I like Letizia's outfit too. Very classy, nice shoes. Top underneath could be more suitable (seems to be the same one from her solo event) and sadly, almost as usual, all is ruined by the terrible hair.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Woman on the right (Cristina) - it's a caption made in a split of a second. As Telma, she seems to be in the middle of a conversation and doing a gesture, probably pointing at something.

Very different to Letizia's gesture, who is neither in a conversation nor interacting etc. She is just plain bored, resting her chin on her fist with elbow on the table as if she was asking herself when this annoying dinner would finally be over and she could go to bed. Very very unprofessional to allow a pic like that to be taken. It's a gesture of a defiant five-year-old but not of a CP at a gala dinner.
I don't think it was just a split of a second that both Telma and Cristina had their elbows on the table. Letizia was probably listening to the speech (long speeches from both sides). She could be concentrating herself, although I do wish she didn't put her elbow on the table.
Actually this was a very unflattering of Cristina, it seemed she had her middle finger pointing something due to the camera angle, not royal at all.

Quote:
I won't compare Letizia to Cristina or Elena because there is no point and it's not fair but looking back at some appearances not only from recent weeks there is no question who was born into royalty and who wasn't.
To be honest, unless they had tiaras on the head, I doubt people could tell who was royal or not, let alone who was born into royalty . Cristina or Elena also had their bad hair days, they usually looked better at night events, so did Letizia.

Quote:
Where has all her energy and drive gone? Letizia used to be a perfectionist, what has become of her. Too much going on with two daughters and royal duties and not enough staff to support her? Too bad as she could do so much better.
She needs a hair stylist. She looked lovely at the gala dinner (IPA has the best pictures) when her hair was done despite the ugly skirt.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for these pics!!
queen sofia is lovely with her white dress!! very elegant!
i love letizia's top and skirt but not together!!lol

https://twitter.com/#!/Princesseswatch
Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
I don't care if this was a low-key state dinner, she should have worn something more fitting to her role, most of what she owns looks cheap, Varela clothing isn't really that good and this matched set (even if the top isn't Varela, the skirt as it is so bad looks to be Varela) doesn't really...well...match
Considering that the last time she wore a high-profile foreign designer she was vilified in the press, online etc. is it any surprise she sticks to Varela?!

It's such hypocricy as well, the rest of the family wears whoever they like with little or no consequence.

While the double standards exist Letizia will continue to wear Vaerla.