http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...fad03b85d7.jpg
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...4558332c95.jpg
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...8ad06151a7.jpg
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...421a48e4e3.jpg
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...7122f084a0.jpg

Old 10-24-2007, 05:00 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Thanks for the pictures lula. Queen Sofia looks AWESOME! Great dress!

Old 10-24-2007, 05:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Official farewell the President of the Slovakian Republic, Mr Ivan Gasparovic and Ms Gasparovicová
Palacio of El Pardo. Madrid

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2f24055a1g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2f23ff647g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2f240e24eg.jpg
Old 10-24-2007, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Official farewell the President of the Slovakian Republic, Mr Ivan Gasparovic and Ms Gasparovicová
Palacio of El Pardo. Madrid

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2f240e24eg.jpg
Lula thanks for the pictures, i think this is lovely & the queen looks very elegent, love that suit, aint it pretty as well as color. Queen really looked nice for this visit
Old 10-24-2007, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Queen Sofia from the dinner & concert (ANP)
dinner 1
dinner 2
concert
Old 10-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree it's a beautiful shot of her. Nice make up and expressive eyes. Unfortunately she wasn't careful or attentive enough and this shot is now the one that goes around in the media world - it is damaging and I can already imagine tons of stories in the magazines that are based on a "caption this". This is like a penalty for the yellow press and they will not hesitate to score the goal.
Damaging sounds like a major exaggeration to me. The only people who would describe it as such are certain people on MB's!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Damaging sounds like a major exaggeration to me. The only people who would describe it as such are certain people on MB's!
Is it possible that I simply gave my opinion no idea why people are always suspected to belong to "certain people on MB's" in case others don't share their view.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Nobility

IMHO Letizia looks like she is not happy! I also think that the bottom of the dress looks to big for her frame. Maybe she looks tired all the time because she is not happy with the RF.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Is it possible that I simply gave my opinion no idea why people are always suspected to belong to "certain people on MB's" in case others don't share their view.
You've interpreted a negative perspective to my comment that I wasn't even alluding to.

I was speaking of the fact that in the grand scheme of things the only people who will care about the alleged "negative" impact of this photo, will be people who follow royalty on MB's. Even then it will only be a sub-group because it will be people interested in the SRF and therefore a certain group of people.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
You've interpreted a negative perspective to my comment that I wasn't even alluding to.

I was speaking of the fact that in the grand scheme of things the only people who will care about the alleged "negative" impact of this photo, will be people who follow royalty on MB's. Even then it will only be a sub-group because it will be people interested in the SRF and therefore a certain group of people.
Got your point now
Don't agree though. For example, I bet that from the 20 or even more weekly german royalty tabloid magazines (can't speak for other countries) more than 90% will print this specific picture and use it for whatever silly story on Letizia, that she's unhappy etc and it will add up to the image the wider public (who doesn't care for facts) already has. This is what I meant with damaging - at least it's unfortunate or deplorable and it should not have been published.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Bad manners are bad manners, no matters for how long.
In my opinion, as Letizia is going to be the Queen of Spain one day, she should always be perfect. Have you ever seen Queen Sofia or Queen Elisabeth like that?

Oh la la, you are right, what a naughty girl is the Princess of Asturias! Shame on her! So bad manners to be the Queen of Spain
Old 10-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just a remark what ever the Princess of Asturias 's activities which are very important, for each event the same boring discussion about how cheap is her collar, how ugly are her thights, how quiet undecent are her dress and so on ... The whole in each thread in which we are speaking about her!

Are you sure that we have nothing more, most interesting to notice about the Princes of Asturias, particularly about the Princess of Asturias than the " container " ? What about the " content" first. Then it seems to me that it exist a specific thread to express all the opinion about this so important dialectic "container"/"content" about the personality of the princess of Asturias!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

well, when she gives speeches or does something on the acts, then I think we can discuss the content

A gala event is just an image event for her, nothing more, nothing less
Old 10-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleiman View Post
IMHO Letizia looks like she is not happy! I also think that the bottom of the dress looks to big for her frame. Maybe she looks tired all the time because she is not happy with the RF.
Come on, this was a state visit, a solemn event, can't be compared to the red cross day. In the much talked picture, she likely was listening to a speech.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
Oh la la, you are right, what a naughty girl is the Princess of Asturias! Shame on her! So bad manners to be the Queen of Spain
Please respect other posters' opinion. You could have said that you don't agree with me, there is no need to be rudely sarchastic.
Anyways, only rude people say that good manners are not important.
As you like latin quotes,
" Rustica progenies semper villana fuit "
Old 10-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
Just a remark what ever the Princess of Asturias 's activities which are very important, for each event the same boring discussion about how cheap is her collar, how ugly are her thights, how quiet undecent are her dress and so on ... The whole in each thread in which we are speaking about her!

Are you sure that we have nothing more, most interesting to notice about the Princes of Asturias, particularly about the Princess of Asturias than the " container " ? What about the " content" first. Then it seems to me that it exist a specific thread to express all the opinion about this so important dialectic "container"/"content" about the personality of the princess of Asturias!

I was actually rather surprised by the comments about how the princess' clothes are supposedly cheaply made. I really do keep up so I'm not sure how I have missed all these other discussions about clothes and money. Maybe she does not dress in a way that pleases some but I think calling her clothes cheap is just odd to me. Besides how does everyone know what the tags are? Yes, some things are obvious some times. But man, none of us are in her wardrobe looking at the tags on her clothes. I just don't get it.

Also plenty of other princesses wear things that many posters sometimes do not like. Posters say it's ugly and express their dislike for it and it is left at that. But a discussion about that princess that wore the "ugly" dress not having enough money usually does not develop. Or at least I have never noticed that. And there are some princesses out there that frequently have fashion missteps. That to me is the weirdest thing about the latest dress worn by Letizia.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
A gala event is just an image event for her, nothing more, nothing less
I have to disagree with you, crisinaki. Gala events are not merely about the 'image' for her. This is a state visit and the dinner is part of an important diplomatic event where ties are forged between countries. I am sure that this, for anyone with any measure of responsibility, is foremost. From the pictures of her with the President of Slovakia and his wife at the Banderita event which were filled with warmth, it looks like the princess did her job well.

Moreover, she looked fine at this event - her make-up was fine, her hair was nice, the gown, though nothing to shout about, was also fine.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
well, when she gives speeches or does something on the acts, then I think we can discuss the content
May I also add that speeches are not the end all and be all of acts. Last week for instance, the princes visited the centre for people with cerebral palsy. In the videos that have been posted here as well as reports of what took place there (e.g. the princes remembered the names of all who were enrolled at the centre), we can see how warm and wonderful they were with them. Surely events like that, based on reports, videos as well as photos, could be the subject of discussion as well.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Courtier

I like Letizia's gown although it's pretty weird . Her make-up and hairstyle are fabulous!!! She may have scored low on the outfit but her make-up is always fresh and suited to the occassion. I haven't seen her with make-up not appropriate with her act.