The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Galleries Prisma

E lPresidente de Eslovenia recibido por sus Majestales en el Palacio El Pardo - Agencia Prisma

El Presidente de Eslovenia recibido por La Familla Real en El Palacio de la Zarzuela - Agencia Prisma

Cena en el honor del Presidente de Eslovania Ivan Gasparovicova - Agencia Prisma

Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

After seeing a lots of photos of princess Letizia, I must say that she looked absolutely great. Her hairdo was very beautiful and the jewellery very precious. About her dress, I liked the combination of this top and skirt.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

i liked the skirt (the fabric at least)... it's quite different to what she normally wears, but just as it happened with another of these "large" ballon-type skirts (a red one and a green one), she seems to dilute in them. way too big for such a small body. it would have looked a lot better if it were more fitting.
i liked the hairdo and tiara though and she seems to glow in red. the top is okay, but it didn't wow me either, since we saw it a few times already.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Commoner

I liked Letizia'a outfit for the gala dinner. i'm not seeing what others are seeing I guess. As for the elbow on the table, everyone has slip-ups and without knowing how long she actually had her elbow on the table I will reserve judgement.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
That's what I saw, the same top in 3 occasions. Maybe the light made it look a little different, but it was the same top IMO. Spain doesn't have a royal finance sytem as other countries, which heavily favors the crown princely couple. It's really up to the King to distribute the money. We have no idea how much money Letizia gets for her clothes. I never understand why she didn't ask Caprile to make her a few more gowns and cocktail dresses (I love the cocktail dress she wore at the wedding of Beltran and Laura). Perhaps she couldn't afford Caprile's clothes most of the time, had to wear Varela's cheap clothes.
I am with you, same top on three gala occasions (peruvian, latvian, slovakian president). On some pics it looks and is worn slightly differently but I still believe it's the same and given Letizia can't even afford her own hairdresser it would be odd if she spent her money on three red lookalike gala tops.

I know Varela is quite affordable for everybody but what about Caprile? Is he within the top range? Even if he is, there is no excuse as Queen and Infantas run around in Valentino and Chanel ... why is the CP second class then
Old 10-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Courtier

I think Letizia's dress is very ugly, but I love her hair , makeup and jewels at this event.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks so much for these wonderful pictures. Everyone looked lovely. I loved letizia's dress, it was different, but nice. The top is especially lovely. I loved her hair and jewels. Just beautiful
Old 10-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

IBL pictures from Day 1 & from the gala

Letizia(gala)
Letizia (gala2)
Letizia(gala3)
King & Queen gala
Letizia @ palace
Felipe & Letizia @ palace

Letizia@ the gala dinner - pictures here

Old 10-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

What are some of you talking about? I have never heard so much rubbish about the funds of the Spanish RF before. Poor Letizia, the second class citizen of the Spanish RF. Yeah, right!

The correlation that many are making is that ugly means cheap. That is just silly. I have seen many high dollar designer gowns before and not liked them at all. But I never made the correlation that the gown must be cheap and the wearer must not have had the funds to put herself together fully. Please! Letizia has paraded around in plenty of new clothes since the birth of Sophia. Gee, the way some are talking I'm thinking I need to figure out where I can go donate to this very poor ROYAL family.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Now I'm not crazy about this particular color on her or the cut of the dress, but it did look better in the green color.
And maybe it has nothing to do with money, or affording designer clothes. Maybe is has something to do with Letiza herself feeling comfortable and pretty in particular style. So she repeated it a few times in different colors and prints/material. Maybe since she is so petite and slim, she has a hard time finding formal dresses that she is comfortable in, or feels pretty in?
maybe its just her habit. We have seen many of her daytime suits repeated many times in the same style, but different colors and/or material.
Nothing wrong with that in my book. I say if it works, continue on.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the pictures!.. The Princess was really good, I liked her hair and her jewels, just beautiful.
Has someone the bigger version of this pic?..
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8...62thmbgyw2.jpg

Old 10-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from the gala:
MediumPhoto
Photos from the day:
MediumPhoto
Old 10-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Courtier

A video!
hola.com - Vídeos del día
Old 10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

Thanks for the photos dazzling!
I like the dress that Letizia wore in the dinner.It has a perfect structure, and a very clean and classic cut.
But I think what I like most this time is her hairdo,it´s very nice!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Receipt in Honor the Kings offered by the President of the Slovakian Republic, Mr Iván Gasparovic and Ms Gasparovicová
Palace of El Pardo. Madrid

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2ece612a3g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2ece6074eg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2ece6839dg.jpg
Old 10-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm2 View Post
without knowing how long she actually had her elbow on the table I will reserve judgement.
Bad manners are bad manners, no matters for how long.
In my opinion, as Letizia is going to be the Queen of Spain one day, she should always be perfect. Have you ever seen Queen Sofia or Queen Elisabeth like that?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Great pics dazzling!! She was absolutely STUNNING.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I know Varela is quite affordable for everybody but what about Caprile? Is he within the top range? Even if he is, there is no excuse as Queen and Infantas run around in Valentino and Chanel ... why is the CP second class then
Caprile had said in an interview that his gown was around 5,000-6,000 Euros, slightly lower than Armani's. I think Sofia has a bigger budget since she is the Queen. Elena ? I guess her husband probably paid a good portion of her Italian/French designers' clothes.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:58 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

[quote=Aurora810;683600]
Quote:
The correlation that many are making is that ugly means cheap. That is just silly. I have seen many high dollar designer gowns before and not liked them at all.
This is very true. There are ugly dresses that cost a fortune and there are those that don't.

Quote:
Letizia has paraded around in plenty of new clothes since the birth of Sophia. Gee, the way some are talking I'm thinking I need to figure out where I can go donate to this very poor ROYAL family.
In Letizia's case, something went wrong after she got the stick for her Armani suit. The circumstances were totally ridiculous but it obviously scared her off as she has rarely worn top class designers since. Instead she went for Varela whose clothes are within an affordable range for everybody but the point is that it shows as his designs are often ill fitting, uninspired etc. In my opinion it's very difficult to find "cheap" (low price) clothes that live up to the expectations people have on royals how to dress - well fitted & good quality plus elegant and suitable for high profile occasions.

Most (new) clothes that Letizia has shown since Sofia's birth did not live up to this expectation, at least for me. She has recycled some of her high quality dresses and costumes but all the new stuff is very ordinary - too ordinary for a CP -, eg that blue dress on the National Day. It looks like Zara etc - fine but is this enough for a CP on a National Day, especially with Queen Sofia and the Infantas clearly dressing with classical elegance?

Dressing designer or upper price range certainly helps to be dressed suitably as a royal. I mean, look at the Infantas (especially Elena) or Queen Sofia. Can you imagine them in those ill fitting Varela jackets or his other cheap fabricated stuff? There might be occasions when they wear ugly clothes but it rarely looks "cheap" - meaning low quality, ill fitting etc. And this is what I don't get - this family is far from being poor and seems to allow proper clothing budgets for Queen Sofia, Cristina and especially Elena - why is Letizia the one who looks most of the time as if she goes shopping at the rummage table on Varela's summer or winter sale?