Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	227218   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	227219  

Old 02-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

I love this photo of the Queen... the eyes... everything!!
(originally posted by agm)

http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?i...91554506ue.png
Old 02-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

That tiara is so regal that only suits her:)
Old 02-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Commoner

I love Letizia's outfit! The color was fantastic on her but the skirt was a little poofy. Maybe if it was more A-line, it would be better, it wouldn't look so big on her small frame. But I love seeing Felipe and Letizia holding hands, so so sweet.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Aristocracy

I personally love the gown, it looked fabolous on her - plus she looks great in those new jade necklace and earrings. But! I don't like the top part of the gown. It's just too much. Maybe if she get rid of those beaded top and just wear something plain green it would be sooo much better on her.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I also think Letizia's dress was stunning! Fit for the occassion and showed te best traditions of Spain, I really loved it.
Queen Sofia is really getting more beautiful every year! I wish I could look like that when I am of her age!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent

more from the official farewell (from facetoface)

Old 02-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness

I was checking the new pictures posted (by the way, thanks! great pictures! :) ) and I don't know why Cristina is wearing a green jacket with a red dress?!?! It's too mismatch, or a missed match :p

I still don't like the way the skirt falls on Letizia's outfit, too ballony, but the emerald color looks great on her. Who designed it?

Queen Sofia always the epitome of Regal and glamorous, she is majestic from crowned head to toe. I noticed that Mrs. Puttin has a thing (a preference) for V neck clevage cuts in her dresses. Also, anyone knows what language Queen Sofia used with Puttin on that photo? I don't know if she also speaks Russian but she speaks several languages and I've seen President Putin on CNN news only with english language interpreters.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I was just looking at the photos and noticed Felipe has his arm around Letizia. How sweet, they are a very cute couple, mashallah.
http://img30.imagevenue.com/img.php?...2_16375559.jpg
He is always holding her hand, her arm, touching her. It's very romantic, as if he wants to make sure she is real and not a dream and next to him at all the times. The bring to my mind the Luxembourg Grand Dukes, that also look like a couple very much attached to each other.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
I noticed that Mrs. Puttin has a thing (a preference) for V neck clevage cuts in her dresses. Also, anyone knows what language Queen Sofia used with Puttin on that photo? I don't know if she also speaks Russian but she speaks several languages and I've seen President Putin on CNN news only with english language interpreters.
Mrs. Putis speakes spanish
Old 02-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
He is always holding her hand, her arm, touching her. It's very romantic, as if he wants to make sure she is real and not a dream and next to him at all the times. The bring to my mind the Luxembourg Grand Dukes, that also look like a couple very much attached to each other.
And this is my favorite funny photo because it looks like Puttin is talking while Queen Sofia seems to be thinking on the Menu
"I wonder what will I have for dessert?"
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3&d=1139473021

I'm sure that's not the restaurant menu but the event program :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Mrs. Putin speakes spanish
Thanks Lula! :)
Old 02-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Although I think I'm in the minority -- I thought Letizia's dress was stunning. The top had rich tones which for me are reminiscent of the jewel tones I somehow associate with Russia so I thought it was appropriate in that regard, but also, I just loved the whole outfit. The top had beautiful details on it and the skirt was rich and full and a lovely departure from the more tight fitting ensembles she usually wears. I wish she'd had her hair up entirely but with the same fullness in the back because I think it would have matched the formality of the gown better, but I really think she looked terrific.
Not a all, and it's funny because on another english forum, this gown mad the unanimity : the best one of alls the letizia's dresses of gala. I wrote upper that Letizia's look is more "royal" as usual; and in fact, I find the gown "RENNAISSANCE " , it's truely refined.:)
Old 02-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I was checking the new pictures posted (by the way, thanks! great pictures! :) ) and I don't know why Cristina is wearing a green jacket with a red dress?!?! It's too mismatch, or a missed match :p
The dress is a missed match, it's the same one used on Denmark's weddding in 2004
Old 02-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
The dress is a missed match, it's the same one used on Denmark's weddding in 2004
Then Cristina should have gone out and shop for something else for this event.

Adelaide, you mentioned the Letizia's dress as renaissance, that's very accurate. It also matches the hair work on the back of Letizia's head because it brings to mind the Infanta's design hair-do work in some of Velazquez paintings. It also brought to mind something else, I just bought the De Laurentiss' movie Dune, the Special Edition. On it the actress Virginia Madsen as Princess Irulan uses a dress inspired in the Renaissance that resembles Letizia's style on this event. Is the one (I was not able to find the picture) on the scene where the space travelers arrive, Virginia Madsen is walking by the area of the Throne with her court all in Reinassance cut outfits.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Courtier

Talking

wireimages? :(

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...l=3a&PageNum=1
Old 02-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm
had these since yesterday, but i'm not sure to post it (since its a bit similar, so moderators, please feel free to remove it if its repeating)
but just to add to our collection, here goes...

1st batch from wireimage

Spanish Royals Receive Vladimir Putin and Wife - February 9, 2006
February 8, 2006 - Royal Palace
Madrid, Spain

Old 02-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

2nd batch from wireimage

Old 02-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

3rd batch from wireimage

Old 02-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

4th batch from wireimage

Tags
cristina, elena, felipe, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, infanta elena, juan carlos i, letizia, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, queen sofia, russia, sofia (1938 -), state visit