State Visit from Russia to Spain: February 8-9, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toledo said:
I noticed that Mrs. Puttin has a thing (a preference) for V neck clevage cuts in her dresses. Also, anyone knows what language Queen Sofia used with Puttin on that photo? I don't know if she also speaks Russian but she speaks several languages and I've seen President Putin on CNN news only with english language interpreters.

Mrs. Putis speakes spanish;)

Toledo said:
He is always holding her hand, her arm, touching her. It's very romantic, as if he wants to make sure she is real and not a dream and next to him at all the times. The bring to my mind the Luxembourg Grand Dukes, that also look like a couple very much attached to each other.

:D And this is my favorite funny photo because it looks like Puttin is talking while Queen Sofia seems to be thinking on the Menu
"I wonder what will I have for dessert?"
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=227023&d=1139473021

I'm sure that's not the restaurant menu but the event program :p

lula said:
Mrs. Putin speakes spanish;)

Thanks Lula! :)

Last edited:
Emily said:
Although I think I'm in the minority -- I thought Letizia's dress was stunning. The top had rich tones which for me are reminiscent of the jewel tones I somehow associate with Russia so I thought it was appropriate in that regard, but also, I just loved the whole outfit. The top had beautiful details on it and the skirt was rich and full and a lovely departure from the more tight fitting ensembles she usually wears. I wish she'd had her hair up entirely but with the same fullness in the back because I think it would have matched the formality of the gown better, but I really think she looked terrific.

Not a all, and it's funny because on another english forum, this gown mad the unanimity : the best one of alls the letizia's dresses of gala. I wrote upper that Letizia's look is more "royal" as usual; and in fact, I find the gown "RENNAISSANCE " , it's truely refined.:)

Toledo said:
I was checking the new pictures posted (by the way, thanks! great pictures! :) ) and I don't know why Cristina is wearing a green jacket with a red dress?!?! It's too mismatch, or a missed match :p

The dress is a missed match, it's the same one used on Denmark's weddding in 2004;)

crisiñaki said:
The dress is a missed match, it's the same one used on Denmark's weddding in 2004;)

Then Cristina should have gone out and shop for something else for this event.

Adelaide, you mentioned the Letizia's dress as renaissance, that's very accurate. It also matches the hair work on the back of Letizia's head because it brings to mind the Infanta's design hair-do work in some of Velazquez paintings. It also brought to mind something else, I just bought the De Laurentiss' movie Dune, the Special Edition. On it the actress Virginia Madsen as Princess Irulan uses a dress inspired in the Renaissance that resembles Letizia's style on this event. Is the one (I was not able to find the picture) on the scene where the space travelers arrive, Virginia Madsen is walking by the area of the Throne with her court all in Reinassance cut outfits.

Last edited:
agm said:
had these since yesterday, but i'm not sure to post it (since its a bit similar, so moderators, please feel free to remove it if its repeating)
but just to add to our collection, here goes...

1st batch from wireimage

Spanish Royals Receive Vladimir Putin and Wife - February 9, 2006
February 8, 2006 - Royal Palace
Madrid, Spain
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]

Thanks for those wire image photos. Letizia was really radiantly beautiful.

more from the visit of Queen Sofia & Mrs. Putin to the art museum

from facetoface

Last edited:
still from facetoface

a good one of Dukes of Palma...

more...

the princes of asturias are so charming, aren't they? ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos, purple_platinum! ;)

always a pleasure, juanita...

a couple more from brunopress

Last edited:
thanks purple platinun, great pics! The Queen and Mrs Putin seemed to get on really well..

Another one from the lunch offered at La Zarzuela. From Olycom:

Attachments

• 000006w.jpg
    000006w.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 171
Elsa M. said:
Another one from the lunch offered at La Zarzuela. From Olycom:

You can see the family resemblance in this picture: the way they are standing, their gestures, you can easily guess that they are a mother and her daughters;)

Does anyone know where in the palace this picture was taken? And is the painting on the wall of Infanta Elena?

(Source: Corbis)

Last edited:
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I ADORE Letizia's latest gala outfit.

Ceremony of representation of the Spanish and Russian visitors before their private dinner at Madrid's Royal Palace, Madrid, Spain, Wednesday Feb. 8 2006. Putin is in Spain on a two-day state visit. Madrid, España. Visita oficial del presidente ruso Vladimir Putin a España. Spain Vladimir Putin Visits ©Andrew Green/WpN/ COVER

Attachments

• CA5K0J9X.jpg
    CA5K0J9X.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 253
  • CA89AZ81.jpg
    CA89AZ81.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 229
  • CAMVKHWD.jpg
    CAMVKHWD.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 178
  • CAOZUXGF.jpg
    CAOZUXGF.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 228
  • CATAR7D6.jpg
    CATAR7D6.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 182
  • CAZNLPSA.jpg
    CAZNLPSA.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited by a moderator:
I love Letizia'a dress. Very elegant and suitable for her.

monica821 said:
Cristina is beautiful :)

I totally agree with you and Iñaki is incredibly handsome, that's why their kids are sooo cute;) :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom