State Visit from Russia to Spain: March 2-3, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
The president of Russia will visit Spain for the first time at the beginning of March

The Russian president, Dmitri Medvédev, will effect in March a Visit of State to Spain, the first one to our country since he took possession in May of last year. This way it has been confirmed to this newspaper by Natalia Timakova, boss of the department of press of the Kremlin. The minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Miguel Ángel Moratinos, added yesterday in Strasbourg that the trip of Medvédev to Madrid will take place to "beginning" of this month.

The leader Russian answers this way to the invitation that His Majesty the King did to him personally in June of last year.

El presidente de Rusia visitará España por primera vez a principios de marzo - Nacional - Nacional - ABC.es

STATE VISIT OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERATION OF RUSSIA AND MS. MEDVÉDEV

Madrid, on February 20, 2009

The Directorate General of Foreign Communication for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation has issued the following communiqué:

On the invitation of Their Majesties the King and the Queen, Their Excellences the President of the Federation of Russia, Dmitri Medvédev, and Ms Medvédev will realize a State Visit to Spain on March 2-4, 2009.

Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores y de Cooperación | Gobierno de España

STATE VISIT OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERATION OF RUSSIA AND MS. MEDVÉDEV

Madrid, on February 20, 2009

The Directorate General of Foreign Communication for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation has issued the following communiqué:

On the invitation of Their Majesties the King and the Queen, Their Excellences the President of the Federation of Russia, Dmitri Medvédev, and Ms Medvédev will realize a State Visit to Spain on March 2-4, 2009.

Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores y de Cooperación | Gobierno de España

They have changed the dates it will be from March 1 to March 3

Last edited by a moderator:
March 2

King and Queen

Official reception to the President of the Federation of Russia, Mr Dmitry Medvédev, and Ms Svetlana Medvédeva
El Pardo Palace. Madrid

King, Queen, Prince and Princess of Asturias

Lunch with the President of the Federation of Russia, Mr Dmitry Medvédev, and Ms Svetlana Medvédeva
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Gala Dinner offered bY the King and Queen in Honor the President of the Federation of Russia, and Ms Svetlana Medvédeva
Royal Palace. Madrid

King

Official inauguration of the " I Meeting of Rectors Latin America - Russia " in union the President of the Federation of Russia
Madrid

Queen

Visit to the High school of Music Queen Sofia accompanying the wife of the President of the Federation of Russia, Ms Svetlana Medvédeva
Madrid​

March 3

King and Queen

Official farewell the President of the Federation of Russia, Mr Dmitry Medvédev, and Ms Svetlana Medvédeva
El Pardo Palace. Madrid​

President Dmitry Medvedev and his wife Svetlana Medvedeva met with King Juan Carlos I of Spain and Queen Sofia at the El-Pardo Palace on Monday.

http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2.html?NewsID=13636372

Lunch with the President of the Federation of Russia, Mr Dmitry Medvédev, and Ms Svetlana Medvédeva
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Terra

Prince Felipe, Princess Letizia, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain
receive the Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and his wife Svetlana Medvedev during their official visit at the Zarzuela palace

WENN Photo Library

Spanish Royals Meet President Medvedev & Wife

http://www.wireimage.com/ItemListings.aspx?igi=357059&nbc1=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Letizia is very beautiful...

President Dmitry Anatolyevich Medvedev is 43 years old, and so is his wife Svetlana Vladimirovna Medvedeva. They got married in 1993. They have one son, Ilya, born 1995.

Wow, Queen Sofia in her bright red dress is quite outstanding ( a highlight ) among all the black-dressed. :D ;)

:previous: Thank you very much, Lula! :flowers:
I was waiting for them!
Letizia looks wonderful in her new dress, but Queen Sofia is really stunning today!:)

I wonder why the Russian President isn't wearing any decoration

Last edited:
I wonder why the Russian President isn't wearing any decoration

Probably Russia does not have decoration, the Spanish Royal Family wears the Order of Carlos III, a Spanish order

Why does Letizia wear a different sash then the King, the Queen and Felipe?

Probably Russia does not have decoration, the Spanish Royal Family wears the Order of Carlos III, a Spanish order

When president Putin visited Spain in 2006, he didn´t have any decoration either:
ANP Beeldbank

yeah im baffled by Letizia wearing black - yes its great she got a new dress albeit from what i can see now great but why another black one?

Sofia looks fab in red and really stands out - set of perfectly with my favourite ruby and diamond necklace and earrings

A pity that the Queen didn't wear the Niarchos Ruby necklace(s) with this dress, it has been a while since we last saw them (at Felipe and Letizia's pre-wedding ball perhaps?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom