State Visit from Qatar to Spain: April 25-27, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
The Emir of the State of Qatar and his wife, Sheika Mozah Bint Nasser, realize a State Visit to Spain from April 25 to April 27. On this occasion, Their Majesties the King an Queen will receive them officially in El Pardo Royal Palace. To midday, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía will offer a lunch at La Zarzuela Palace, attended by Their Royal Highnesses Prince and Princess of Asturias, and in the evening, there will be a gala dinner in honor of the Emir of the State of Qatar and his wife at the Royal Palace in Madrid.

Visita de Estado de Sus Altezas el Emir del Estado de Catar y la Jequesa Mozah Bint Nasser. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

It sure is a packed week for the SRF. First the Easter Sunday Mass, then the State visit followed by the royal wedding in London.

It sure is a packed week for the SRF. First the Easter Sunday Mass, then the State visit followed by the royal wedding in London.

And then The Prince/Princess are off to Rome for the Beatifaction of the late Poope John Paul II.

Well, it is known that the Spanish family are very hard working royals so the agendas is not surprising IMO.
Its great to see a state visit right up before the wedding in the UK, at least an excuse to see lots of different royal throughout the busy week.
I wonder if the Emir will bring any of his daughters along.

Sheikh Hamad & Sheikha Mozah's 3-day official visit to Spain: April 2011

HH the Emir, HH Sheikha Moza Arrive in Madrid Tomorrow

HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser will arrive in Madrid tomorrow, Monday morning for a three-day visit, at an invitation from King Juan Carlos of Spain.:flowers:

Here are the first pictures form the arrival at the airport. The Qatar couple were greeted by the King & Queen.

Here is a nice picture of Queen Sofia & Sheikha Mozah and Sheikha Mozah scratching or adjusting something on the back of her dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the photos!
Spanish royals and Qatari royals obviously enjoy the visit. Infanta Cristina and Crown Princess Letizia appear to have a good time. Photo (courtesy of Lula)

Great to see Cristina attending, I wonder if she will be there at the gala dinner tonight. Would be another tiara to watch :)

King Juan Carlos does not look well. Any more news about how he is doing after his hospitalization some time back. There is a definitive decline in his apperance.

King Juan Carlos does not look well. Any more news about how he is doing after his hospitalization some time back. There is a definitive decline in his apperance.

I think shaving would help. The "beard" makes him look like a clochard. I dont think he is still suffering from the operation but he simply is getting old, the Borbons dont have the Windsor gene, thats for sure.

casa real is prividing some HQ pictures for download, very unusual.
Visita de Estado de Sus Altezas el Emir del Estado de Catar y la Jequesa Mozah Bint Nasser. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see The Infanta Cristina at the lunch,shame she won't be at The Gala Dinner.

No tiaras. :bang:

Queen Sofía in black, Sheika Mozah in white and Princess Letizia with her blue dress of Prince of Wales birthday.

No tiaras. :bang:

Queen Sofía in black, Sheika Mozah in white and Princess Letizia with her blue dress of Prince of Wales birthday.

I've never seen the Sheika Mozah wearing a tiara!

What a disappointment! I was expecting some bling tonight! :(

I
am so disappointed in Letizia. Christina looks so polished and professional like the Queen in a beautiful outfit. Letizia looks like she is dressed up for a nice day of shopping. She was beautiful tonight at the gala dinner though! Sigh!!!!

What (or who) determines whether tiaras will be worn?

I'm extremely surprised Letizia wore an evening gown with bare shoulders. I thought that was a no-no when dealing with Muslim leaders or officials.

I'm extremely surprised Letizia wore an evening gown with bare shoulders. I thought that was a no-no when dealing with Muslim leaders or officials.

But the event is in Spain, not in Qatar. Rania wore sleeveless dresses in US or Europe, she probably would not do the same in Jordan.

Letizia has really lost her glam. Pretty dress, but she doesn't look like the Crown Princess of Spain, more like prom night! Not that anyone could out glam Mozah, she is incredible. The more covered up she is she just looks better....go figure!

But the event is in Spain, not in Qatar. Rania wore sleeveless dresses in US or Europe, she probably would not do the same in Jordan.

I don't think it matters that the event is in Spain. In today's connected world, the images will be beamed back to Qatar. It's also about making your guests comfortable. I remember the Swedes were careful to cover up when the Jordanians made a state visit several years ago.

There's also a difference between a dress that is sleeveless (where just the arms are bare) and shoulderless (where the shoulders and arms are mostly or completely bare). Rania has worn one shoulderless dress that I can recall, but she did come under a lot of criticism at the time for doing so, even though she wore the gown in Spain.

Back
Top Bottom