The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish Royals and Emir of the State of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani and his wife Sheikha Moza bint Nasser Al-Missned Gala Dinner - Profimedia

PurePeople: Letizia d'Espagne : Radieuse face à la Sheikha Mozah, mais tellement maigre !

Old 04-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The fact I think Sheikha Mozah does not wear a tiara is that it will clash with her headscarf. She did not wear a tiara also on the state visit to Britain as well.
No she did not wear a tiara in Britain. But I meant to say that in GB she wore a stunning diamond necklace which was much more eye-catching than an 'average' tiara would be.
Anyway, Sheikha Mozah always looks spectalur and very elegant.
Imo it is a good idea not to wear a tiara with a headscarf, as tiaras are simply designed to be worn with hair. I don't like the look of some Brunei ladies who do wear headscarfs with their tiaras. It just looks strange to me.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Emir of Qatar visits the Upper House of Spanish Parliament

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Madrid's Mayor Alberto Ruiz Gallardon hands the Golden Keys of Madrid to the Qatari Emir

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Video

La esposa del emir de Catar acapara la atención de los medios en su visita a España ? Videos en lainformacion.com

Thanks so much for the links !!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Melanie Griffith turns on the Hollywood glamour for dinner with Spanish royal Princess Letizia | Mail Online

Old 04-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Courtier

Madrid, April 26 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser attended a luncheon hosted by HE Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero at the Cabinet premises today in honor of Their Highnesses and the accompanying delegation.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Yes, Queen Elizabeth, Princess Anne & Camilla
Exactly. I dont see any reason why tiaras were banned because of Sheikha Mozah not wearing one, as another poster pointed out neither do other Heads of State on their visits and Sheikha Mozah has enough ammunition to keep up in the jewellery department.

Is this a new level of the toning down stragety of the SRF, no tiaras on State occasions anymore. Whats next, moving out of the palace into a semi-detached house to appear no different from the ordinary Spaniard?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Serene Highness

Can it simply be because it was a black-tie affair and not white? (Yes, I know that tiaras can be worn to a black-tie affair, altough I never saw the SRF do so, IIRC)
Old 04-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Can it simply be because it was a black-tie affair and not white? (Yes, I know that tiaras can be worn to a black-tie affair, altough I never saw the SRF do so, IIRC)
no, it was white tie all the way
http://noticias.terra.es/2011/mundo/...l-25$599x0.jpg
Old 04-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Nobility

Are there more pics of Sheikha Mozah and Queen Sofía today morning ??
Old 04-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Exactly. I dont see any reason why tiaras were banned because of Sheikha Mozah not wearing one, as another poster pointed out neither do other Heads of State on their visits and Sheikha Mozah has enough ammunition to keep up in the jewellery department.

Is this a new level of the toning down stragety of the SRF, no tiaras on State occasions anymore. Whats next, moving out of the palace into a semi-detached house to appear no different from the ordinary Spaniard?
I'm begining to think they've sold all their jewels

Letizia only seems to wear those diamond star earings to every single event.They are nice & perhaps they have a sentimental attatchment but must she wear them 24/7?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Letizia & Sheikha Mozah Meet In Madrid (PHOTOS, POLL)
Old 04-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiandoll View Post
Why is Letizia's dress for the dinner inappropriate? Carla Bruni wore a strapless dress when the Emir of Qatar visited France in 2009. I don't think anyone criticized her for wearing it, and her dress even sat very low on her chest, much more "inappropriate" than Letizia's. I only read praises and adulation for Carla's style when she wore this dress.

Getty Images - Navigateur non pris en charge

The other woman was also wearing a strapless dress. So what makes it okay for Carla but wrong for Letizia to wear a dress that shows her shoulders?
I didn't say Letizia was dressed inappropriately. I only said that I was surprised by her choice because her guests were Muslim.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Courtier

New photos : _sheikha Moza visits El Escorial library

His Highness the Emir and the Spanish Prime Minister witness the signing ceremony of a number of agreements and memoranda of understanding.
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictu...3926042011.jpg

An official session of talks held between the State of Qatar under the chairmanship of HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and the Kingdom of Spain under the chairmanship of HE Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictu...042011-(1).jpg

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictu...042011-(2).jpg

HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani visits the Municipality of Madrid,
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictu...042011-(3).jpg

HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani meets at the Senate building in Madrid President of the Senate Council Javier Rojo, and the president of the Congress of Deputies Jose Bono.
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictu...042011-(1).jpg
Old 04-27-2011, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Emir of Qatar's wife, Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned (C), stumbles and loses one of her shoes in presence of her husband, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani (L) and Spain's King Juan Carlos(R), during a farewell ceremony held at El Pardo Palace in Madrid, Spain, 27 April 2011. Emir of Qatar and his wife end today their official visit to Spain. EFE/Juanjo Guillen

Belga gallery

Not a great farewell for Sheikha Mozah who got her heel caught.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Spanish Royals Bid Farewell to the Emir of the State of Qatar and Sheikha Mozah Nint Nasser at El Pardo Palace. April 27, 2011

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato

"Diez Minutos" Kings and Sheikhs of Qatar, private dinner at a restaurant in Madrid
Old 04-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Emir of Qatar's wife, Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned (C), stumbles and loses one of her shoes in presence of her husband, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani (L) and Spain's King Juan Carlos(R), during a farewell ceremony held at El Pardo Palace in Madrid, Spain, 27 April 2011. Emir of Qatar and his wife end today their official visit to Spain. EFE/Juanjo Guillen

Belga gallery

Not a great farewell for Sheikha Mozah who got her heel caught.

what an unexpected happening

Madrid , April 27 (QNA) - HH the Emir of the State of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and HH
Sheikha Moza bint Nasser left Madrid on Wednesday following a three- day visit to the Kingdom of Spain.Later HH the Emir sent a cable of thanks and appreciation to King Juan Carlos of Spain for the warm welcome and hospitality accorded to them and the accompanying delegation during the visit.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Welcome ceremony

Dinner

Visit to parliament & Sheikha Mozah's event with Queen Sofia

Old 05-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

where is my shoes
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...g?t=1305811116