The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Gala Dinner in honour of the Emir of the State of Qatar and Sheikha Mozah Nint - Pictures - Zimbio
Letizia looks very beautiful, absolutely divine in that wonderful dress. The Queen is always lovely. Sheikha, maybe she looks good to someone who likes that style. It good to see Felipe and Letizia in such a good mood.
Zimbio

Old 04-26-2011, 01:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari View Post
I don't think it matters that the event is in Spain. In today's connected world, the images will be beamed back to Qatar. It's also about making your guests comfortable. I remember the Swedes were careful to cover up when the Jordanians made a state visit several years ago.

There's also a difference between a dress that is sleeveless (where just the arms are bare) and shoulderless (where the shoulders and arms are mostly or completely bare). Rania has worn one shoulderless dress that I can recall, but she did come under a lot of criticism at the time for doing so, even though she wore the gown in Spain.
I don't find any sign of Sheikh and Sheikha looking uncomfortable with one shoulderless dress in Spain or strapless dress in France. They both don't belong to the ultra conservatives (ex. the Saudi King), they are quite westernized. If they were comfortable partying with the Hollywood starlets, why would they blink at a (one) shoulderless dresses ?
Sleeveless and shoulderless are indeed different, but Rania and Letizia are also different status. I would think a Muslim queen with a sleeveless dress would have made a bigger splash than a Spanish princess with a one shoulderless dress for some conservatives although I think neither is a big deal since they both wore the dress in Spain.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I think the fact is that they did not wear tiaras which is very disappointing but because Sheikha Mozah, the Emir's wife was not going to be wearing one. Which I understand why the Spanish royals didn't go for them.

Queen Sofia in black, not bad but not liking the belt of the dress. Letizia looked nice but personally its not a state visit dress. Sheikha Mozah looked lovely. Pity Christina was not there, any reason for it?

Anyone realized that Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas were attending the state dinner see pictures here
Old 04-26-2011, 05:25 AM
Royal Highness

Diario femenino - gala photos
Cena de gala en honor al emir de Catar y su esposa Mozah - Galería de fotos

Huffingtonpost
Picture: Juan Carlos, Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Letizia, Sheika Mozah bint Nasser al-Missned, Sofia, Felipe - thestar.com

mujer. hoy
Sheikha Mozah y Letizia Ortiz -- Mujerhoy.com --
Old 04-26-2011, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I think the fact is that they did not wear tiaras which is very disappointing but because Sheikha Mozah, the Emir's wife was not going to be wearing one. Which I understand why the Spanish royals didn't go for them.

Queen Sofia in black, not bad but not liking the belt of the dress. Letizia looked nice but personally its not a state visit dress. Sheikha Mozah looked lovely. Pity Christina was not there, any reason for it?

Anyone realized that Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas were attending the state dinner see pictures here
The Infanta Cristina had another engagement I believe,Lula posted photos yesterday.

I'm glad we saw an Infanta during a State Visit even if it was only for an official Lunch,it breaks the monotonous rut of just having The King,Queen,Prince & Princess which has become very boring imo.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy

Letizia looked stunning. Beautiful dress and elegant and sofisticated hair and make-up. In the lunch she looked ok . IMO Mozah was over dressed (she often is) for a midd day meeting. And I don't understand why she greets everyone with her sunglasses on. It's common sense to take off your sunglasses when you talk face to face with somebody.
In the gala Mozah was much better, very elegant and according with the event.
Queen Sofia ...Queen head to toe. Nice to see Cristina attending but why not Elena too?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Spain's Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero (R) shakes hand with the Emir of the State of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani at Moncloa palace in Madrid on April 26, 2011. The emir of Qatar arrived in Madrid on April, 25, 2010 on a visit to boost economic ties between the oil-rich Gulf state and Spain, which is seeking new investments to shore up its battered economy.

Belga gallery
Old 04-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Nobility

Sheikha Mozah is marvellous, she looks always stunning !!
I think Princess Letizia dont look good at lunch but Queen Sofía and Infanta Cristina look perfect.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm completely surprised and disappointed by the lack of tiaras, and I don't understand the consideration for the Sheika not wearing a tiara. Firstly Sheikha Mozah has necklaces which can easily outbling an everage tiara (see those gigantic diamonds she wore in GB lately). Secondly tiaras are also usually worn at state banquetts for Presidents, when they, or their wives, won't wear tiaras.
To me it seems that the SRF is deciding to go more and more low key. And I can't say that I like that.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I'm completely surprised and disappointed by the lack of tiaras, and I don't understand the consideration for the Sheika not wearing a tiara. Firstly Sheikha Mozah has necklaces which can easily outbling an everage tiara (see those gigantic diamonds she wore in GB lately). Secondly tiaras are also usually worn at state banquetts for Presidents, when they, or their wives, won't wear tiaras.
To me it seems that the SRF is deciding to go more and more low key. And I can't say that I like that.
The fact I think Sheikha Mozah does not wear a tiara is that it will clash with her headscarf. She did not wear a tiara also on the state visit to Britain as well.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Gala Dinner

PPE Agency ** Diez Minutos

Los Reyes, anfitriones de los Jeques de Catar en la cena de gala ofrecida en su honor en el Palacio Real
Old 04-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Madrid, April 26 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani paid today a visit to the Municipality of Madrid, where he met with mayor of the city Alberto Ruiz-Gallardon and several members of the municipal council. The Mayor of Madrid delivered a speech in which he welcomed the visit of HH the Emir to the Kingdom of Spain.

Madrid, April 26 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani received this morning the President of the Spanish Popular Party Mariano Rajoy. During the meeting, they reviewed a number of issues of mutual interest.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -State visit from Qatar
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The fact I think Sheikha Mozah does not wear a tiara is that it will clash with her headscarf. She did not wear a tiara also on the state visit to Britain as well.
Did any members of the British Royal Family wear tiaras during that visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
Sheikha Mozah is marvellous, she looks always stunning !!
I think Princess Letizia dont look good at lunch but Queen Sofía and Infanta Cristina look perfect.
Letizia looked 'out of place' so to speak at the lunch,her choice of outfit was terrible & not all befitting the occassion.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Did any members of the British Royal Family wear tiaras during that visit?
Yes, Queen Elizabeth, Princess Anne & Camilla

Spain's Queen Sofia (L) and Qatar's Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser (C) chat with an old man as they collect broad beans during their visit to the Queen Sofia Foundation's Alzheimer Center on 26 April 2011 in Madrid, Spain.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3
Old 04-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, Chairperson of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, met this morning President of the Spanish National Heritage Nicholas Martins Fresno and Director of the El Escorial Library Jose Luis in the presence of Queen Sofia, wife of the King of the Kingdom of Spain.

Read more : http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/News_bull..._237_0049.aspx

Madrid, April 26 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani met at the Senate building in Madrid this afternoon President of the Senate Council Javier Rojo, and the president of the Congress of Deputies Jose Bono. At the beginning of the meeting, the President of the Senate welcomed His Highness and the members of the official delegation.
Following the meeting, HH the Emir toured the Senate Library and listened to explanation about its history and its most important content of books and manuscripts.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Nobility

I would like to see pics of the visit at the Townhall in Madrid.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Emir of Qatar visits the Upper House of Spanish Parliament

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Madrid's Mayor Alberto Ruiz Gallardon hands the Golden Keys of Madrid to the Qatari Emir

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Video

La esposa del emir de Catar acapara la atención de los medios en su visita a España ? Videos en lainformacion.com