The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish Royals Meet the Emir of the State of Qatar and Sheikha Mozah Nint Nasser at El Pardo Palace

Getty Images - Navegador no compatible detectado#

Spanish Royals Receive the Emir of the State of Qatar and Sheikha Mozah Nint Nasser for Lunch at Zarzuela Palace

Getty Images - Navegador no compatible detectado#

Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

casa real is prividing some HQ pictures for download, very unusual.
Visita de Estado de Sus Altezas el Emir del Estado de Catar y la Jequesa Mozah Bint Nasser. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Old 04-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Great to see The Infanta Cristina at the lunch,shame she won't be at The Gala Dinner.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos ppe

PPE Agency
Old 04-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

No tiaras.

Queen Sofía in black, Sheika Mozah in white and Princess Letizia with her blue dress of Prince of Wales birthday.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

One photo:
El Rey espera que la visita del emir de Qatar estimule la colaboración económica | Foto - Yahoo! Noticias
Old 04-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
No tiaras.

Queen Sofía in black, Sheika Mozah in white and Princess Letizia with her blue dress of Prince of Wales birthday.
I've never seen the Sheika Mozah wearing a tiara!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

no tiaras??

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

What a disappointment! I was expecting some bling tonight! :(
Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Gala dinner gallery

BelgaPicture - Category details
BelgaPicture - Category details

Getty Images
Old 04-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video

Reyes, príncipes y jeques, juntos en el ... | Vídeos/Audio - Yahoo! Noticias
Old 04-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy

I
am so disappointed in Letizia. Christina looks so polished and professional like the Queen in a beautiful outfit. Letizia looks like she is dressed up for a nice day of shopping. She was beautiful tonight at the gala dinner though! Sigh!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Royal Highness

What (or who) determines whether tiaras will be worn?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Nobility

I'm extremely surprised Letizia wore an evening gown with bare shoulders. I thought that was a no-no when dealing with Muslim leaders or officials.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari View Post
I'm extremely surprised Letizia wore an evening gown with bare shoulders. I thought that was a no-no when dealing with Muslim leaders or officials.
But the event is in Spain, not in Qatar. Rania wore sleeveless dresses in US or Europe, she probably would not do the same in Jordan.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia has really lost her glam. Pretty dress, but she doesn't look like the Crown Princess of Spain, more like prom night! Not that anyone could out glam Mozah, she is incredible. The more covered up she is she just looks better....go figure!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
But the event is in Spain, not in Qatar. Rania wore sleeveless dresses in US or Europe, she probably would not do the same in Jordan.
I don't think it matters that the event is in Spain. In today's connected world, the images will be beamed back to Qatar. It's also about making your guests comfortable. I remember the Swedes were careful to cover up when the Jordanians made a state visit several years ago.

There's also a difference between a dress that is sleeveless (where just the arms are bare) and shoulderless (where the shoulders and arms are mostly or completely bare). Rania has worn one shoulderless dress that I can recall, but she did come under a lot of criticism at the time for doing so, even though she wore the gown in Spain.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari View Post
I don't think it matters that the event is in Spain. In today's connected world, the images will be beamed back to Qatar. It's also about making your guests comfortable. I remember the Swedes were careful to cover up when the Jordanians made a state visit several years ago.

There's also a difference between a dress that is sleeveless (where just the arms are bare) and shoulderless (where the shoulders and arms are mostly or completely bare). Rania has worn one shoulderless dress that I can recall, but she did come under a lot of criticism at the time for doing so, even though she wore the gown in Spain.
Letizia, IMHO, has lost her glam! She dressed like she was ready to go to the office after the luncheon. The dress is not appropriate either...she is always trying too hard, and it does not seem to work. She needs someone to advise her what to wear PRONTO!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:37 PM

Why is Letizia's dress for the dinner inappropriate? Carla Bruni wore a strapless dress when the Emir of Qatar visited France in 2009. I don't think anyone criticized her for wearing it, and her dress even sat very low on her chest, much more "inappropriate" than Letizia's. I only read praises and adulation for Carla's style when she wore this dress.

http://www.gettyimages.fr/detail/88626239/AFP

The other woman was also wearing a strapless dress. So what makes it okay for Carla but wrong for Letizia to wear a dress that shows her shoulders?

I thought Letizia looked wonderful at the dinner. Her hairstyle was lovely and her make-up was perfect. She is one of those women who doesn't need to wear a lot of jewelry to look beautiful. Sheikha Mozah looked very nice, too.