State Visit from Portugal to Spain: September 25-28, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...JuAnItA... said:
15 minutes?!?
Wasn't it to begin at 9 o'clock? :wacko: ;)

The regards begin the 21.00, and are approximately 30 minutes with the regards and the photos. They enter the 21.30 to the dining room and beginthe speeches. So the dinner begins on the 21.45, when the door is closed to the press. ;)

Oh, that is a peat that she don't go to the gala dinner... i miss see her in a evening gown and tiara...

These are the dresses of the Queen and the Infanta Cristina

From seegerpress

1. 2005 Gala dinner
2. 1997

Last edited:
Didn't we say that Letizia wasn't supposed to be there tonight? Why is it that she's pictures next to her jusband and the queen?

lula said:
The regards begin the 21.00, and are approximately 30 minutes with the regards and the photos. They enter the 21.30 to the dining room and beginthe speeches. So the dinner begins on the 21.45, when the door is closed to the press. ;)
Thank you! ;)
I'm seeing SRF on tv! :wub:

lula said:
These are the dresses of the Queen and the Infanta Cristina

From seegerpress
Good choices! However, i was thinking in other dress for the Queen :blush:
Thank you lula! :flowers: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
clymène said:
Didn't we say that Letizia wasn't supposed to be there tonight? Why is it that she's pictures next to her jusband and the queen?

Lula is just trying to show which dresses the queen and the infanta are wearing. Those are old pictures from other gala dinner.

( From Getty first posted by LULA )

Who is the most proud the Queen or the Prince ?

Too sympathetic, this pic, isen't it ?

thanks for pincs, to see if soon we see Cristina the beauty at night without a doubt!!!!
The queen this very elegant tonight.

There are photos of the no Infants? they say that the dress of Elena is very beautiful already I want to see them, have also gone the sisters of the King?

adelaide said:
Who is the most proud the Queen or the Prince ?

A proud Mum looking proudly to her proud son who hasn't lost that proud smile the entire day ;).

Thank you so much lula for your updates:wub: .

Regards,
mtbcm :)

I supose that once it was known Letizia would not attend the dinner, the press interest on the event diclined. And that is why there are only 3 photos at the photo agency sites so far...:sad:

Teresa said:
I supose that once it was known Letizia would not attend the dinner, the press interest on the event diclined. And that is why there are only 3 photos at the photo agency sites so far...:sad:

Normally the photos of the dinners of gala come late or on the following day, because they are done at hours at which almost nobody is working already, and do not place them in Internet.

Today with more reason that all the agencies and the whole press, are working with the topic of the pregnancy that will be the one that tomorrow occupies the front pages.

Images from terra

72087d03a3022ghr0.jpg
72087d039dd50grf9.jpg

3gj0.jpg
7ow5.jpg
6pi4.jpg

Last edited:
Impressions of the First Lady's dress? :lol:

She looks very good and for her style is pretty good... but i don't like it (for me, of course!) ;)

Her dress is too long! How could they let her wear the dress like that? :bang:

Yellow is not for everyone I think. Any idea who is designing her clothes?

Xii, that is a lot of gold...thanks for the pics!

Is this the dress that Christina wore? This is an old picture...

Pictures from Corbis:

0000335020-018.jpg

I really want to see what they wore...!

The black dress of Sonsoles Zapatero is super elegant, imo!

I really don't like the dress of the Portuguese First lady... it is so ugly, imo. And it is too long for her, you can't even see her shoes. Does anyone knows who is the Designer?... Anyway, she seems relaxed and nice (like she always is). :)

The Queen is very elegant and regal (as usual).

lula said:

So I guess this is the famous portuguese PDA ;).

Thank you for sharing lula and fanletizia. What order did the Portuguese President received from King Juan Carlos?! Isabel the Catholic?! :ermm:

Our First-Lady is not so bad, Juanita, the dress is acceptable but she just doesn't have the figure for that. And besides Queen Sofia with that amaizing Tiara and dress the difference between Gowns is screaming out loud.

But as Regina said Mrs. Maria Cavaco Silva have other attributes that make her a charming person and the Queen is the perfect host; Mrs. Cavaco Silva could even wear shorts that the Queen would react and welcome her the same way.

But I wonder who designed the dress?! A friend?! Doesn't look an Augustus does it?! Let's see if our media give news about it.

Regards,

...JuAnItA... said:
I didn't notice that!
It looks like it isn't her size! First day, first mistake.... :ermm: :ohmy:
And the color, i don't like it however if she likes... :)

haha! First day, first mistake... :D

The colour is awful, she is too tanned to use this kind of yellow...
Like some members said before me, the dress is too long, but it's also too large...
She has large hips, and this dress makes her even more large... It's a pitty.

Teresa said:
Her dress is too long! How could they let her wear the dress like that? :bang:
I didn't notice that!
It looks like it isn't her size! First day, first mistake.... :ermm: :ohmy:
And the color, i don't like it however if she likes... :)

mtbcm said:
Our First-Lady is not so bad, Juanita, the dress is acceptable but she just doesn't have the figure for that.
Yeah! The dress isn't bad for her style. Because in other years, she was worst! But i don't like the dress for me. :)

mtbcm said:
But I wonder who designed the dress?! A friend?! Doesn't look an Augustus does it?! Let's see if our media give news about it

Yeah, maybe a friend... But with friends like these... who needs enemies?! :lol:

Mrs. Maria Cavaco Silva have other attributes that make her a charming person

I really agree.

Ha! Ha! You guys are funny!!

Yes, the dress should have had a slimmer skirt and the color was not very becoming.

...JuAnItA... said:
But i don't like the dress for me. :)

Hopefully you will never have to pass through the shame of wearing such a big faux-pas ;)!!!

Regina said:
Yeah, maybe a friend... But with friends like these... who needs enemies?! :lol:

ahahahahahah :lol:

It is really a pity; if she had dressed a more vaporous dress that disguised the non-existing waist in other tone different necklace... oh welll I just realised that not even Cinderella could make anything from this dress; a miracle wouldn't be enough :lol: ... I was hoping for a dress in shades of blue! Oh well maybe next time!

But the green-lime suit on the afternoon was very elegant ;) wasn't it?

Regards,

mtbcm said:
Hopefully you will never have to pass through the shame of wearing such a big faux-pas ;)!!!
:lol: Yeah! I won't! ;)

mtbcm said:
It is really a pity; if she had dressed a more vaporous dress that disguised the non-existing waist in other tone different necklace... oh welll I just realised that not even Cinderella could make anything from this dress; a miracle wouldn't be enough :lol: ... I was hoping for a dress in shades of blue! Oh well maybe next time!

But the green-lime suit on the afternoon was very elegant ;) wasn't it?
:lol: The green-lime suit and the white suit were quite good, very elegant both of them! But in comparison with other time, she is wonderful!

Poor First Lady ( with a so handsome husband!!!) She is not Jackie Kennedy.... May she could some lesson in watching at her wardrobe allways very fashion and classy;)

One more lovely picture of Letizia and the family:

(Credit: AP/Bernat Armangue)
Portuguese President Anibal Cavaco Silva salutes to Princess Letizia Ortiz and her husband Prince Felipe of Spain in front of the rest of the Royal family at the Zarzuela Palace in Madrid, Monday, Sept. 25, 2006. Spain's Princess Letizia is pregnant with her second child and expects to give birth in early May.

Back
Top Bottom