State Visit from Portugal to Spain: September 25-28, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From polfoto

From terra

Last edited:
fanletizia said:
Images from seeger

Thank you fanletizia and lula for your coverage on Portuguese President visit to Spain...

Portuguese media should sign you both since there isn't a single photo in online means until now ;). I'll have to wait for TV coverage later on...

^~^~^~^

President Cavaco Silva offers Don Juan Carlos a PDA developed by a portuguese company

The President of the Republic, Cavaco Silva, will offer King Juan Carlos of Spain a digital personal assistant (PDA) with software of navigation conceived by a Portuguese company.

According to Lusa, the less common offer will be made in the usual exchange of gifts, that precedes the lunch of the first day of the Cavaco Silva State visit to Spain, that starts today and will last until thursday.

The computer geographic program, similar to localization by GPS, developed by the Portuguese company InfoPortugal, with headquarters in Porto, functions on mobile and PDA basis and covers 15 Euroepan countries.

Cavaco Silva arrived Spain about 11:00 (10: 00 in Portugal), after one flight of 55 minutes permanently followed by Spanish Air Force airplanes .

After the arrival, the President of the Republic was taken El Pardo (official residence of Heads of State that visit Spain), where they waited for the Kings of Spain and Prime Minister, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, and other members of Spanish government.

After passing together reviewed to Real Guarda with the Spanish monarchs, the Portuguese Head of State and his wife, Maria Cavaco Silva, fulfill a private program of the visit, that includes a new meeting with King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

In focus in the four days' visit of State will be the good moment of the peninsular relations and the national enterprise successes in the neighbour country.

Cavaco Silva first visit of State, that finishes next thursday, includes, on tuesday, a homage to the victims of the terrorist attacks of March 11th 2004, in Madrid.

After lunch, Cavaco Silva returns to the Palace of El Pardo, meeting in audience the Spanish Prime Minister, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.

In the end of first day there will be a Gala Dinner honouring the Portuguese President, in Palácio Real of Madrid, offered by Kings of Spain, during which are foreseen interventions of Cavaco Silva and Don Juan Carlos.

The Ministers of Economy Manuel Pinho, Foreign Affairs Luis Amado, Environment Francisco Nunes, and Science, Technology and Superior Education Mariano Gago will follow Cavaco Silva in the visit .

In:http://www.portugaldiario.iol.pt/noticia.php?id=727132&div_id=291

Today, The princess looks very good, and I think too that she has cutted a little bite her hair or may be her brushing is absolutly perfect.

It is the second event where the jacket of Princess of Asturias is open...:rolleyes: :wub:

Is open because she can't close him any more... just after may she gona be capable to close him.... eh eh eh!

The new mother:wub: today, from 20minutos
1by5.jpg

Doña Letizia will not attend supper by own annoyances pregnancy

The Princess de Asturias, who will have her second son at the beginning of the next month of May, will not attend the supper tonight in full dress which they will offer the Kings to the Portuguese president, Aníbal Cavaco Silva, informed to EFE a spokesman into the House into the King.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/dona_letizia_no_asistira_cena_1105871.htm

Last edited:
kartheina said:
IMO, a closed jacket (as she had during the Easter mass) looks better than an open one... unless of course, she can no longer do so ;) :)

By now, I already know that she indeed has a very good reason to leave that jacket open. :lol: Congratulations again!

fanletizia said:
It is the second event where the jacket of Princess of Asturias is open...:rolleyes: :wub:

And if everything turns out ok it will be long before she can button them up again :flowers:

Back to the topic ;) Thank you for the update on photos; maybe it's me or maybe it's her but our First Lady looks very good; she even changed suits - I like that green-lime one; and the Princes are very very happy (Felipe está que le cae la baba:lol:)!!!!!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

I'm sad Letizia won't be going to tonight's gala dinner. I was looking forward to seeing her wear a gala dress and tiara again.

Pity she won't be at the cena de gala, but she has a very good reason for that, no doubt!!! :lol: God, I'm soooo happy she is pregnant again!

Thank you for the photos!! :flowers:

Finally, our First Lady wasn't that bad at all! :lol:
The open jacket has the secret!

...JuAnItA... said:
Finally, our First Lady wasn't that bad at all! :lol:
She was fine, if compared with things she has worn in the past, then she looked great. Lets hope she keeps it on the same level for the gala diner.;)

Elsa M. said:
Thanks for being on top of things, lula. Just a little correction here: it's not his first official visit abroad, but his first State Visit. ;)
There will certainly be a gala dinner... I just hope the First Lady will get some fashion advisement before, since her sense of style always seems to come from her grandmother's closet... :devil: :whistling:

hahaha! I couldn't stop to laugh with your post, Elsa!

I must say Maria Cavaco Silva is, IMo, a very nice lady, with a huge love for all her family. I enjoy to read all her interviews, she is very smart, and was a wonderful teacher at Universidade Católica of Lisbon.
But in what concern to cloths... she's really a No-No-No!
Luckly, this time she was better... at least she was not Awful! Let's see tonight. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pics everyone, and once more Congratulations for the new Baby coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Teresa said:
She was fine, if compared with things she has worn in the past, then she looked great. Lets hope she keeps it on the same level for the gala diner.;)
:lol: Yeah! But i'm happy because the first impression of her is quite good!
Let's see if she stays like this not only in the gala dinner but in the whole visit!

im would disagree about posts what you saying of Letizia cant come to gala dinner but im hope she can come to gala dinner before her bump grow but she was in few week of her pregnant

It's quite understandable that she is not attending the dinner. Just imagine that she would feel bad or wanted to vomit or even faint and running to the bathroom in a long gown, jewellery, tiara on her head and lots of people around her...

The Infantas Pilar and Margarita also came to the dinner of gala, in a slightly habitual image, with tiara included.;)

I see at TVE photos from dinner, Infanta Christina wears beautiful silver dress and I like Infianta Elena hairstyle and tiara, her black dress is nice too.

marilla said:
I see at TVE photos from dinner, Infanta Christina wears beautiful silver dress and I like Infianta Elena hairstyle and tiara, her black dress is nice too.

I did not like the dress of the Infanta Cristina, already she had used it at some time, it is a dress of a white color with black lace. The Infanta Elena totally of blsck, very elegant. The Queen with a dress of brown gauze, which already has dressed in several occasions

The Queen was taking the tiara Cartier, the Infanta Elena her tiara Marichalar, the Infanta Cristina that of the flowers

Can you guys post those photos of the gala dinner? Thanks a million!

lula said:
I did not like the dress of the Infanta Cristina, already she had used it at some time, it is a dress of a white color with black lace. The Infanta Elena totally of blsck, very elegant. The Queen with a dress of brown gauze, which already has dressed in several occasions

The Queen was taking the tiara Cartier, the Infanta Elena her tiara Marichalar, the Infanta Cristina that of the flowers

lula said:

For me it looks silver in tv.

I'm sorry Itd20, but I can't find any photos. I watch it on tv.

ldt20 said:
Can you guys post those photos of the gala dinner? Thanks a million!

When they are!!!! The dinner has begun 15 minutes ago, so the photographers still have not had time.;)

lula said:
When they are!!!! The dinner has begun 15 minutes ago, so the photographers still have not had time.;)
15 minutes?!?
Wasn't it to begin at 9 o'clock? :wacko: ;)

Back
Top Bottom