The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

State Visit from Mexico to Spain: June 9-10, 2014

The president of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto, made ​​a state visit to Spain on 9th and 10th June, focused on strengthening political dialogue at the highest level, as well as trade and investment ties.

Peña Nieto realizará una visita de Estado a España los dÃ*as 9 y 10 de junio

Old 06-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The president of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto, made ​​a state visit to Spain on 9th and 10th June, focused on strengthening political dialogue at the highest level, as well as trade and investment ties.

Peña Nieto realizará una visita de Estado a España los dÃ*as 9 y 10 de junio
Will this State Visit go ahead as planned? It would be Juan Carlos' last State Visit as King.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, the visit is maintained as planned. It will be the last state visit for King Juan Carlos.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Needless to add, we all look forward to watching the press coverage of the state visit.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

State Visit of Their Excellencies the President of the United Mexican States and Mrs. Rivera de Peña

King and Queen preside over the official welcome ceremony at the Pardo Royal Palace

King, Queen, Prince and Princess of Asturias offer a lunch at Zarzuela Palace

King, Queen, Prince and Princess of Asturias offer a gala dinner at the Royal Palace

President Peña Nieto and his wife host a reception in honor of the King and Queen at the Pardo Royal Palace
Old 06-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

On Tuesday, June 10, Queen Sofia and Mrs. Rivera de Peña will visit the Children's Nephrology Service of "La Paz" University Hospital
Old 06-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
On Tuesday, June 10, Queen Sofia and Mrs. Rivera de Peña will visit the Children's Nephrology Service of "La Paz" University Hospital

Is there a reason why? Other than the obvious of course. As a Kidney Transplant Recipient, my interest pricks up whenever I see or hear of Royals doing anything regarding Kidney Health, so just wondering.

For those wondering...Nephrology is the medical specialty that focuses on Kidney Health, Dialysis and Transplantation. One of many things I know and wish I didn't have personal first hand knowledge about, but I do.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Getty Images

Buscar - Getty Images ES: ESP: Spanish Royals Receive Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and Wife at El Pardo Palace

PPE

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...-2014%20Mexico
Old 06-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video

El rey ejerce por última vez como anfitrión en la visita de Estado del presidente mexicano - RTVE.es

Old 06-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos "Presidencia de Mexico"

http://www.presidencia.gob.mx/multim...ino-de-espana/
Old 06-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
060914 Spanish Royals Meet President of United States of Mexico at Zarzuela Palace - Images | jose gegundez | photographer
Thank you for the really nice clear pictures, PF/PL looked so handsome. There was one picture of them together with her turning sideways just a step behind him and they are looking at each other with their eyes and that picture says it all......relief! I really like this couple, they show they are really in love and care deeply and not afraid to show it. Wishing the people of Spain all the best for their future is bright with PF/PL in charge.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

According to the news reel, Enrique Peña Nieto is given the Order of Isabella the Catholic.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Courtier

At what time is the gala starting?

Old 06-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

What a pretty dress the first lady of mexico is wearing...

looking forward to the gala dinner tonight! i guess this will be one of the last state dinner galas we see letizia in her role as princess...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I must say that Letizia and Angelica make a nice portrait! Both very attractive women! (Their husbands are not less handsome though) ;-)
Old 06-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

What a very nice looking couple - I know very little about the President of Mexico, but he seems a very smart fellow and appears to have a very nice wife! How poignant this is, I think, the last State Visit for King Juan Carlos.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

Well then, here are some facts about the President: His wife died of an epileptic attack, with whom he has three children. He met his current wife during his election campaign, who is a former telenovela star and proposed to her in Vatican, getting the blessing of the Pope.

Oh and he fathered a son whilst his wife was still alive and also had another child before his wife's death, however that child died in infancy. There are also rumours that he doesn't provide for his "natural" son.

just some facts...