State Visit from Mexico to Spain: June 9-10, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
State visit from Mexico. June 9th and 10th, 2014.

:ermm:Wyevale:
Why would this be the last time that Queen Sophia would wear this tiara? I don't understand...maybe there might come a time when she is at other important dinners for other heads of state...could she wear it then? Does this not belong to her as Queen of Spain? Just asking and learning.....Thanks!:)

You said it yourself, the tiara is to be worn by who ever is the Queen of Spain. Therefore as Sofia soon won't be Queen anymore it will be passed on to Letizia.

I'm so exited about the fact that there finally was a tiara event in Spain again. Sofia really goes out with a bang and both she and the other ladies looks great.

Last edited:
Mrs Peña Nieto was a telenovela actress for several years. Yep-she's gorgeous!

I appreciate the difficulty of matching that awful sash. Perhaps the new King will order a narrower "Womens" version . . . we can but hope.

I thought Queen Sofia looked very regal and Letizia looked like she is stepping up her game something fierce!

The sashes were a gift of the Mexican President and it's not up to the new King to make them narrower. The only sash he can regulate are the Spanish ones, and those already have the ladies' version. (i.e. Angelica Ribera's sash)

Sofia was awarded the Sash of the Order of the Aztec Eagle in 1977 and Letizia hers in 2008.

Last edited:
how many years were there since a tiara event in spain 3 years?

how many years were there since a tiara event in spain 3 years?
In March 2011 there was a State Visit from Chile to Spain. Quite some time, if you ask me.

The last outing of the fleur-de-lys tiara was the State Visit to Japan in November 2008. I wonder when the next time will be?

Both royal ladies looked truely great, imo. Letizia again had a very good hairstyle to support the tiara.

Last edited:
(how exciting, i can't help thinking that letizia will be the one who will be host to the first ladies of the world coming for state visits to spain!)

i just watched this video and something surprised me: towards the end of the video, the queen asked a lady "where her child was from". the lady replied with, what i believe is, the place in spain where they lived. the queen said: "yes but... originally, where from?", as the child didn't look to have spanish traits. the mother replied that he was from panama.
i found it a rather disconcerting comment by the queen. i was always told it was rude to "question" the origin of someone - ie. if they say american, but look to be of asian origin, it would be rude to say "yes, but where are you from originally?" as that person, although he may have an asian family, may well be born in the US or may simply "feel" like an american, rather than asian. i would have thought the queen would know this very well, with her background, her education and her protocolar upbringing...

La Reina Sofía y la esposa de Peña Nieto visitan a los niños ingresados en el Hospital de La Paz - larioja.com

President Peña Nieto and his wife host a reception at Pardo Royal Palace

@CasaReal

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bpy5AS-IcAAX8ri.jpg:large

Spanish Royals Host a Reception For the President of Mexico and His Wife - Pictures - Zimbio

061014 Spanish Royals Host a Reception For the President of Mexico and His Wife - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Queen Sofia wears the pearl necklace and large pearl that once belonged to Queen Victoria Eugenia, and will pass to the new queen.

Prince and Princess of Asturias arrived later to the reception

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bpyrjs6CUAAogAf.jpg:large

Last edited:
:ohmy:Princess Letizia's gown for the gala dinner was just breathtaking..........when I saw the pictures of her, omg, she is stunning, more so now then ever. Every inch a regal Queen.....wow!
The dress she wore to attend the reception, again, just beautiful It fit her like it was molded on to her body, what a beautiful woman.

The First Lady of Mexico is beautiful yet PL is more so..........

Letizia is gorgeous!..... the hotest New Queen in Europe!....

(how exciting, i can't help thinking that letizia will be the one who will be host to the first ladies of the world coming for state visits to spain!)

i just watched this video and something surprised me: towards the end of the video, the queen asked a lady "where her child was from". the lady replied with, what i believe is, the place in spain where they lived. the queen said: "yes but... originally, where from?", as the child didn't look to have spanish traits. the mother replied that he was from panama.
i found it a rather disconcerting comment by the queen. i was always told it was rude to "question" the origin of someone - ie. if they say american, but look to be of asian origin, it would be rude to say "yes, but where are you from originally?" as that person, although he may have an asian family, may well be born in the US or may simply "feel" like an american, rather than asian. i would have thought the queen would know this very well, with her background, her education and her protocolar upbringing...

La Reina SofÃ*a y la esposa de Peña Nieto visitan a los niños ingresados en el Hospital de La Paz - larioja.com
The US concept of "Politically Correct" is not universally observed. The questioning by the Queen was certainly lacking in prudence.

La Reina SofÃ*a y la esposa de Peña Nieto visitan a los niños ingresados en el Hospital de La Paz - larioja.com

Oh dear, I'm afraid I'm always doing this sort of thing because it interests me to learn of peoples' heritage. I see no harm in taking an interest in a persons cultural background. I was introduced to someone recently who was very obviously English - accent, surname etc - but had rather Mediterranean looks and I asked them if they were Italian - they replied yes, their mother comes from Rome.

State visit from Mexico: June 9 - 10, 2014

^agree with you. but asking it in the form of "but where are you actually from?" may be offensive. so for me, if we ask in something like "what's your family origin?" it would fine IMO. I don't think Sofia asked the question with bad intention though.

Back
Top Bottom