State Visit from Mexico to Spain: June 11-13, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paty

Heir Apparent
City
Madrid
Country
Spain
From June 11 to June 13, The President of Mexico and his wife Margarita Zabala de Calderon, will visit officaly Spain.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Programof the Visit :

June 11

Official Wellcome to the President of the United States of Mexico, Mr. Felipe Calderón and Ms. Margarita Zavala de Calderón. Royal Palace of Pardo, Madrid

Luncheon Host by Their Majesties the Kings in Honor the President of the United States of Mexico, Mr Felipe Calderón and Ms Margarita Zavala del Calderón.
Zarzuela Palace, Madrid

Gala Dinner host by Their Majesties the Kings in Honor of the president of the United States of Mexico, Mr Felipe Calderón and Ms Margarita Zavala de Calcerón.
Royal Palace, Madrid

June 12:

Reception in Honor of Their Majesties the Kings, offered by the President of the United States of Mexico Mr Felipe Calderón and Ms Margarita Zavala de Calderón.
Pardo Royal Palace, Madrid

June 13

Official farewell to the President of the United States of Mexico Mr Felipe Calderón and Ms Margarita Zavala de Calderón.
Pardo Royal Palace, Madird

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/775744-post63.html

Last edited:
So today there was also a luncheon and a gala dinner, wow busy visit! Great pictures, thanks Lula. I love Sofia's outfit, she looks wonderful as ever, so does Margarita. Can't wait for the rest of the pictures

letizia is great!!! i can't wait for tonight!!!

I can't waite for more.

During watching of those photos I've just remind that her pregnancies were announced during or near state visits.

I can't waite for more.

During watching of those photos I've just remind that her pregnancies were announced during or near state visits.

haha, I keep hoping for that news as well every time I check the internet, but I guess we'll just have to be patient :lol:
I can't wait for the rest of the pictures either!

Has Letizia a new order?

Letizia's hair and the style of the gown are really for a 60-year-old woman (I'm thinking of Camilla).

Is it a dress or skirt and blouse? Colour is nice.

I'm not sure about her hairdo... maybe little up...

Last edited:
I don´t like her hairdo!!:ermm:
But in general she is fine!!

I like Letizia's dress, but I'm not crazy about the curls. I don't think she looks her best when she does curls with the shorter hair.

Letizia looks like a housewife, mid fourties, frustrated.
This outfit is worst 80ies style, Dallas or Dynasty come to my mind, didn't Sue Ellen have such a hairdo? It looks hideous with the tiara! I can't believe that there is a designer who has the nerve to offer such an outfit for a State Visit - did he find it in his mother's long forgotten wardrobe?
I am waiting for the day Felipe is able to buy his wife a proper gala dress instead of embarrassing her with such cheap looking combos.

Queen Sofia looks classy as usual.

Getty's got some more pics.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Some of people said and say that her gowns looks terrible, old-fashionated etc. but why maybe at the moment she like this style? Who said that her gowns are cheap? Maybe there are from good Spanish creators whomade them just for her? Do you think that Letizia would wear something what she doesn't like?

I don't know but this dress reminds me a little bit her green dress from one of the previous visits.

Isn't is amazing?
The older generation - Queen Sofia - looks terrific - she always knows how to wear a tiara.
The younger generation - Letizia - looks bored, unhealthy and unhappy. Always! Rarely smiles - didn't she have a clue when she married Felipe?
Her clothing is always so cheap looking, yet Elena and Cristina always dress
smartly.
I cannot believe that she has to live a pauper's life. She dressed better as a newscaster. Even her grooming was better then. From the day of her wedding, fashion-wise she has been thrown into some other decade and her fashion sense totally vanished.
An added note: Felipe is getting quite the receding hairline now.

Some of people said and say that her gowns looks terrible, old-fashionated etc. but why maybe at the moment she like this style? Who said that her gowns are cheap? Maybe there are from good Spanish creators whomade them just for her? Do you think that Letizia would wear something what she doesn't like?

I don't know but this dress reminds me a little bit her green dress from one of the previous visits.

There must be some decent Spanish designers. I always felt that she was railroaded into using the designer who Sofia liked for her wedding dress which was a disaster and it has been downhill ever since. Who designed the fabulous red gown which she wore to the Fred/Mary wedding? That dress
was amazing and she should be using that designer.

Letizia looks like a housewife, mid fourties, frustrated.
This outfit is worst 80ies style, Dallas or Dynasty come to my mind, didn't Sue Ellen have such a hairdo? It looks hideous with the tiara! I can't believe that there is a designer who has the nerve to offer such an outfit for a State Visit - did he find it in his mother's long forgotten wardrobe?
I am waiting for the day Felipe is able to buy his wife a proper gala dress instead of embarrassing her with such cheap looking combos.

Queen Sofia looks classy as usual.

Getty's got some more pics.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

I couldn't agree more!
During those galas at the Palace, Letizia usually looks plain and unconfortable...

Gala Dinner

I think both Letizia and Reina Sofia are wearing unflattering gowns. Letizia looks like she is trying to copy Reina Sofia (hair style) and it is not at all flattering. She looks older than her age and very thin. She looked beautiful during their engagement. I love the SRF but I think the princess is looking older and haggard because of her extreme thinness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom