The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it a dress or skirt and blouse? Colour is nice.

I'm not sure about her hairdo... maybe little up...

Old 06-11-2008, 05:02 PM

I don´t like her hairdo!!
But in general she is fine!!

Old 06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Royal Highness

I like Letizia's dress, but I'm not crazy about the curls. I don't think she looks her best when she does curls with the shorter hair.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Letizia looks like a housewife, mid fourties, frustrated.
This outfit is worst 80ies style, Dallas or Dynasty come to my mind, didn't Sue Ellen have such a hairdo? It looks hideous with the tiara! I can't believe that there is a designer who has the nerve to offer such an outfit for a State Visit - did he find it in his mother's long forgotten wardrobe?
I am waiting for the day Felipe is able to buy his wife a proper gala dress instead of embarrassing her with such cheap looking combos.

Queen Sofia looks classy as usual.

Getty's got some more pics.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 06-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Some of people said and say that her gowns looks terrible, old-fashionated etc. but why maybe at the moment she like this style? Who said that her gowns are cheap? Maybe there are from good Spanish creators whomade them just for her? Do you think that Letizia would wear something what she doesn't like?

I don't know but this dress reminds me a little bit her green dress from one of the previous visits.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Isn't is amazing?
The older generation - Queen Sofia - looks terrific - she always knows how to wear a tiara.
The younger generation - Letizia - looks bored, unhealthy and unhappy. Always! Rarely smiles - didn't she have a clue when she married Felipe?
Her clothing is always so cheap looking, yet Elena and Cristina always dress
smartly.
I cannot believe that she has to live a pauper's life. She dressed better as a newscaster. Even her grooming was better then. From the day of her wedding, fashion-wise she has been thrown into some other decade and her fashion sense totally vanished.
An added note: Felipe is getting quite the receding hairline now.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Some of people said and say that her gowns looks terrible, old-fashionated etc. but why maybe at the moment she like this style? Who said that her gowns are cheap? Maybe there are from good Spanish creators whomade them just for her? Do you think that Letizia would wear something what she doesn't like?

I don't know but this dress reminds me a little bit her green dress from one of the previous visits.
There must be some decent Spanish designers. I always felt that she was railroaded into using the designer who Sofia liked for her wedding dress which was a disaster and it has been downhill ever since. Who designed the fabulous red gown which she wore to the Fred/Mary wedding? That dress
was amazing and she should be using that designer.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia looks like a housewife, mid fourties, frustrated.
This outfit is worst 80ies style, Dallas or Dynasty come to my mind, didn't Sue Ellen have such a hairdo? It looks hideous with the tiara! I can't believe that there is a designer who has the nerve to offer such an outfit for a State Visit - did he find it in his mother's long forgotten wardrobe?
I am waiting for the day Felipe is able to buy his wife a proper gala dress instead of embarrassing her with such cheap looking combos.

Queen Sofia looks classy as usual.

Getty's got some more pics.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
I couldn't agree more!
During those galas at the Palace, Letizia usually looks plain and unconfortable...
Old 06-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Gentry

Unhappy Gala Dinner

I think both Letizia and Reina Sofia are wearing unflattering gowns. Letizia looks like she is trying to copy Reina Sofia (hair style) and it is not at all flattering. She looks older than her age and very thin. She looked beautiful during their engagement. I love the SRF but I think the princess is looking older and haggard because of her extreme thinness.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Courtier

I really like princess Letizia, but THIS GALA DRESS IS A CRIME, FOR GOD SAKE WHAT WAS SHE THINKING???.

At the lunch was beautiful, I like everything.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Letizia's gown is fine, why does it look cheap? How do you judge these things from a picture? Her hair does not become her. She is thin, but that is who she is. I love Sofia, but hate her gown this time. She is usually more elegant.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Courtier

Dress was a crime, older than her age, very thin, older and haggard, extreme thiness, plain and uncomfortable, hair is hideous, housewife, mid forties, frustated, bored, unhealthy and unhappy, rarely smiles. After all that what is left to say. I have nothing to say that is not nice, so I guess all you have spoken on what you feel is so wrong with this beautiful young woman. It never fails to amaze me how you can tear someone apart on almost every outfit she wears.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Serene Highness

I like Sofia's pretty floral dress. I like Letizia's dress from the top up but I don't like the skirt part of it.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
Dress was a crime, older than her age, very thin, older and haggard, extreme thiness, plain and uncomfortable, hair is hideous, housewife, mid forties, frustated, bored, unhealthy and unhappy, rarely smiles. After all that what is left to say. I have nothing to say that is not nice, so I guess all you have spoken on what you feel is so wrong with this beautiful young woman. It never fails to amaze me how you can tear someone apart on almost every outfit she wears.
Excellently said, Dee. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but to start ripping people apart based on ONE outfit is beyond me. That being said I thought she has worn better but I still find her to be beautiful.

BTW, I hope that all goes well with you
Old 06-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drottning View Post
Excellently said, Dee. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but to start ripping people apart based on ONE outfit is beyond me. That being said I thought she has worn better but I still find her to be beautiful.

BTW, I hope that all goes well with you
Thank you so very much for your kind wishes. I am praying that it will now be over with for me. If not I still have tons of faith eventually things will settle down and be OK.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lovely photo:
Getty Images
I think that the princess looks beautiful. If she likes the dress she wears and feels comfortable in it, I have no reason to complain. The princes look very much in love and very happy and are doing a very good job. That´s the reason why I like them, not because of their outfits.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I agree with you LadyFinn!!, The more I see pictures of them the more I think they were defenitely meant to be together. they are so in love! that is a beautiful pic!
Apparently everyone hates the dress, I think she looked great I love pink! and I loved the hair too!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

El Pais/El Rey agradece a Calderón su colaboración en la lucha contra el terrorismo
Photo
Old 06-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Lovely photo:
Getty Images
I think that the princess looks beautiful. If she likes the dress she wears and feels comfortable in it, I have no reason to complain. The princes look very much in love and very happy and are doing a very good job. That´s the reason why I like them, not because of their outfits.
I couldn't agree more, What really matters is that they are very much in love, I like Princess Letizia is my favorite royal and yes, her dresses doesn't care, She is a beautiful and hard working princess.

But sometimes she must take advantage about her figure, She has an amazing body, and she wants to hide it, but whatever if she likes to be like that it is fine for me, but this dress seems like a punishment for her, it is HORRIBLE, but I repeat, her dress is the big problem not her, She is a wonderful princess.