State Visit from Hungary to Spain: January 31-February 2, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
micas said:
I can not wait....!
No, Micas, the reception has already taken place... last Tuesday. :)
It was not a gala event, but just a diplomatic reception at El Pardo (the official residence of all foreign State figures, when visiting Spain).

From Hola.com:

Attachments

• zzzzzv27.JPG
    zzzzzv27.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 471
Information from La Casa del Rey:

Queen Violante, the second wife of Jaime I, passed away in Huesca, in 1251, and specifically requested to be buried in the monastery of Lérida, which received 12000 euros, in 2003, from the Hungarian Government, for the restoration of the tomb.

The Princes received President Mádl and his wife, and after passing through the cloister, they visited the church ,accompanied by the abbess Ana Maria Camprubí. The visit was concluded with a concert in charge of Márta Sebestyén and Jordi Savall.

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
No, Micas, the reception has already taken place... last Tuesday. :)
It was not a gala event, but just a diplomatic reception at El Pardo (the official residence of all foreign State figures, when visiting Spain).

Ah? :eek: :eek: the pics are in this thread? God i am sosily

Regarding the green sash order that both Letizia and Queen Sofia wore on the first night: is this a Spanish order or from Hungary? How many orders are there that Letizia has worn (as in colours)?

One more photo from Thursday, at the Royal Monastery of Santa Maria de Vallbona.
From Corbis:

Attachments

• zzzzzv40.JPG
    zzzzzv40.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 315
Balqis said:
Regarding the green sash order that both Letizia and Queen Sofia wore on the first night: is this a Spanish order or from Hungary?
Usually, during gala events, royals wear the shashes of the country which they are recieving. Same think for the visiting party, which usually wears the orders of the welcoming country. If they haven't got them yet, they’ll have them during the visit. As Letizia has already accompanied Felipe in an official trip to Hungary, I undestand that sash she’s wearing is from an Hungarian order…

I'm not trying to be snide or mean but did anyone else notice that Letizia gown is the same gown she wore to the gala dinner before her wedding? She still looks amazing regardless.....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
mgrant said:
I'm not trying to be snide or mean but did anyone else notice that Letizia gown is the same gown she wore to the gala dinner before her wedding?
Yes, Mgrant, we have noticed that before, as you can read in the previous posts. Perhaps you may also read the article about Caprile's reinvention of the dress, in the thread about Letizia's gala dresses.

Elsa M. said:
Yes, Mgrant, we have noticed that before, as you can read in the previous posts. Perhaps you may also read the article about Caprile's reinvention of the dress, in the thread about Letizia's gala dresses.
Sorry about that! I have a new computer at home (I'm at work now) and I have trouble reading the posts (my pages are blank!).:eek:

Elsa M. said:
Usually, during gala events, royals wear the shashes of the country which they are recieving. Same think for the visiting party, which usually wears the orders of the welcoming country. If they haven't got them yet, they’ll have them during the visit. As Letizia has already accompanied Felipe in an official trip to Hungary, I undestand that sash she’s wearing is from an Hungarian order…

Thank you for getting back to me about this, Elsa. Much appreciated :)

I removed the smal colourpress pictures I posted long ago and repost theese bigger ones instead

Attachments

• COLOUR10103163.jpg
    COLOUR10103163.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 291
  • COLOUR10103164.jpg
    COLOUR10103164.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 396
  • COLOUR10103175.jpg
    COLOUR10103175.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,250
  • COLOUR10103167.jpg
    COLOUR10103167.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 302
  • COLOUR10103169.jpg
    COLOUR10103169.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 363
  • COLOUR10103173.jpg
    COLOUR10103173.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 308
  • COLOUR10103170.jpg
    COLOUR10103170.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 380
  • COLOUR10103171.jpg
    COLOUR10103171.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 360
  • COLOUR10103174.jpg
    COLOUR10103174.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 347
  • COLOUR10103172.jpg
    COLOUR10103172.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
Larzen said:
I removed the smal colourpress pictures I posted long ago and repost theese bigger ones instead

Thank you Larzen! Very much appreciated:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom