The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2009, 05:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Please, remember that this Thread is dedicated to the French State Visit, do not become this into a war between Mrs. Carla Bruni and The Princess of Asturias and, or Princess Letizia surgery.

Future post will be deleted.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:41 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Lots of foreign coverage - Carla attracts the headlines, doesn't she.

Spain Press Review - Tuesday April 28 2009
BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | What the papers say

Old 04-29-2009, 11:06 AM

Vanitatis.com - El Rey impone el protocolo a Bruni

That's an interesting comment about the "Brunimanía" (that's how the author calls it) that the visit of the President of France and his wife has provoked in the highest spheres of political and economical power in Spain.
Besides his opinion about the matter, he tells that Carla Bruni had showed an special interest in having a private meeting with Princess Letizia. But it didn't happen and it is not going to happen. Because King Juan Carlos said no. His reason was that the natural interlocutor for the wife of the President of France is Queen Sofía, not Princess Letizia. And as this is not a private visit but an official one, protocol must be followed.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos:
Abacausa
Abacausa
Abacausa
It looks that princess Letizia works a lot a the gym, looking at her muscles at some photos.

I read from somewhere, that mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy was a lot late of the appointment with Queen Sofia at the Museum. Is this true?
Old 04-29-2009, 01:03 PM

Half an hour.
She accompanied the President to the Congress (it wasn't previously scheduled) and that's why she arrived thirty minutes later to her appointment with Queen Sofía at the Museum. This is what Vanitatis says, I don't know if it is true.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Photos:
Abacausa
Abacausa
Abacausa
It looks that princess Letizia works a lot a the gym, looking at her muscles at some photos.

I read from somewhere, that mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy was a lot late of the appointment with Queen Sofia at the Museum. Is this true?
Yes. This was because, prior of the musuem visit with the Queen, Mrs. Sarkozy visited with her husban the Spanish Parliament, and the President's speech was a bit longer.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinosa View Post
Vanitatis.com - El Rey impone el protocolo a Bruni

That's an interesting comment about the "Brunimanía" (that's how the author calls it) that the visit of the President of France and his wife has provoked in the highest spheres of political and economical power in Spain.
Besides his opinion about the matter, he tells that Carla Bruni had showed an special interest in having a private meeting with Princess Letizia. But it didn't happen and it is not going to happen. Because King Juan Carlos said no. His reason was that the natural interlocutor for the wife of the President of France is Queen Sofía, not Princess Letizia. And as this is not a private visit but an official one, protocol must be followed.
But why she wanted to see Pcss Letizia in private????
Old 04-29-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
But why she wanted to see Pcss Letizia in private????
I really don't know. Perhaps she is interested in her personality or admires her very much. Who knows?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It sounded like the Mail was expecting the ladies to begin a catfight right there. Why do we need such drama??

You'd expect both ladies to be looking their best, and it's nothing to do with a contest.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
It sounded like the Mail was expecting the ladies to begin a catfight right there. Why do we need such drama??

You'd expect both ladies to be looking their best, and it's nothing to do with a contest.
That's absolutely right! Both Letizia AND Carla are ALWAYS chic and perfectly dressed. What was expecting the journalist ? that on this occasion they appeared dressed in dirty trash???
Old 04-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

thank you for all photos and videos.
i wonder IPA photos of this visit especially gala have been sent here or not.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

i find all the rumours about some "rivalry" between carla and letizia just hilarious. i think it's just nice to see letizia or carla meeting other international personalities. they are both young, stylish with interesting stories. it's just normal that the press likes to talk about them and about them meeting each other. however, i can't understand where all the rumours of rivalry come from. i'm sure none of them felt daunted by the other. neither letizia nor carla behaved differently this time either.

i find it unsurprising carla wanted to meet letizia in particular. they are, after all, much closer in age than her and the queen, although it wouldn't be protocolar to make her meet letizia when her equal is sofia.

regarding carla's delay, i don't think we can blame it on her. it was nicolas' speech who took longer and i'm sure the queen understood that.

were there any pictures about mrs sarkozy's third day in spain?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-30-2009, 02:34 AM
Royal Highness

Letizia, Carla and Sofia shine in Madrid
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Letizia, Carla and Sofia shine in Madrid
Old 04-30-2009, 03:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes, I thought the same thing when I saw a picture of her shaking hands, she has very good upper arm muscle tone (the picture is not in this posting) but her back looks strange to me in image 7 of 17, last link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Photos:
Abacausa
Abacausa
Abacausa

Old 04-30-2009, 05:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinosa View Post
I really don't know. Perhaps she is interested in her personality or admires her very much. Who knows?
I remember reading one article where Carla wondered why Letizia chose to stop working as a journalist when she married Felipe and said she felt "disappointed" that Letizia chose to end such a good career. She went on to say that she'd like to talk to Letizia over that (in a friendly manner of course, maybe just to learn why) if they meet, and apparently that didn't happen with this state visit, as Vanitatis says in their article.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post

were there any pictures about mrs sarkozy's third day in spain?
They are only 2 days in Spain.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post

I agree. The Queen, the Princess and Ms. Carla Bruni were all very elegant and stylish, each in her own way. The drama? Yes, unfortunately nowadays some media feels they need to create situations in order to sell.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Paris-Match front page : the royal Carla...
I don't know if the King of Spain is happy that 2 consorts stole the show. It was an official Visit from France to Spain, and not a rivalry match.
If the two Infantas were there at the gala evening , It would have been different.
I am sure His Majesty will keep this in mind !
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

When the President of France visited Great Britain , the Queen wore also durinf the gala evening the red sash of la Legion d' Honneur and was wearing also a tiara with rubies.
There was no match between Carla and Camilla !
Old 04-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Informativos.net - CARLA BRUNI SEDUCE A ESPAÑA MIENTRAS LA CUMBRE SARKOZY-ZAPATERO BUSCA ACUERDOS COMUNES