The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Paris-Match front page : the royal Carla...
I don't know if the King of Spain is happy that 2 consorts stole the show. It was an official Visit from France to Spain, and not a rivalry match.
If the two Infantas were there at the gala evening , It would have been different.
I am sure His Majesty will keep this in mind !
He wasn't happy, but not only this, the French couple let Hola's cameras do exclusive pictures of them inside El Pardo before the gala dinner. El Pardo is not like a hotel in New York where they had Hello cameras followed them exclusively, what would the Queen of England feel if these two were doing the same inside Buckingham Palace if they were allowed to stay there ?

Old 04-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
what would the Queen of England feel if these two were doing the same inside Buckingham Palace if they were allowed to stay there ?
In fact The sarkozy couple let a Paris Match photographer to make pictures of them inside their suite at Windsor Castle....

Old 04-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
When the President of France visited Great Britain , the Queen wore also durinf the gala evening the red sash of la Legion d' Honneur and was wearing also a tiara with rubies.
There was no match between Carla and Camilla !
Well I think that was pretty understandable. Carla and Letizia were like in the same age bracket compared to Camilla and Carla. I think the reason why Carla requested for a private meeting with Letizia was that she was simply intrigued by her personality. Who knows maybe after this visit we see Carla and Letizia together. Is there a scheduled visit of the CP couple to France? Maybe we'll see these two together.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Corbis
Corbis
Corbis
Old 05-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
There was no match between Carla and Camilla !
My dear how could be a match between Carla and Camilla ?
Old 05-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sure I knew , I wrote that for fun !
Old 05-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Courtier

Thumbs up

In my humble opinion the Spanish ladies totally outshone Mrs. Sarkozy. Both HM and Letizia looked very elegant and regal (loved the long curly hairstyle of Letizia with her tiara)! Not saying that Mrs. Sarkozy looked like a dog's dinner or anything but the Queen and the Princess both looked totally amazing.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I heard -on a spanish tv show- it is false that Carla Bruni wanted to meet Letizia privately, all that was invented because it is a good headline.

Btw Letizia was stunning at that dinner, that hairdo is awesome with the tiara!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I admire Letizia's posture, wonder if it has improved since her marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Old 05-02-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
the white drawstring top is in fact separate to the dress, I saw it in the shops this weekend by coincidence and it is by Azzedine Alaia. It was not very nice on the hangar and cheap looking considering how expensive his stuff his, however somehow Carla carried it off. Interesting how the other first ladies started wearing Alaia to public functions since Michelle Obama wore his black dress in France recently and also his black belt that she wears all the time on top of her various outfits.

So Michelle Obama has become a style icon for the Royalty now? Does Rania have her own sylist?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

not sur if i like Carla daytime clothes,i didn't find them very special,Letizia looked wonderful in the purpule dress,not sur for her dinner look,Mrs Bruni looked great durinng the dinner.
QSofia was my favorite so far her red dress is fantastic.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Was it wrong, that I said I think the safety pin was made of platinum, white gold?
Old 05-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

France vs Spain in style showdown - News, Fashion - The Independent
Old 05-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Nobility

about the french state visit in spain, except the trousers of the second day, I liked carla's look for the day one, she was very classy, and I adore her make-up
Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Courtier

This recent state visit made Letizia visible to the British headlines. It looks like the British press has a new princess.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Finally, the international media reduced the State Visit between France and Spain to a picture showing the backsides of two women.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Jc-svreYHI...letizia-1a.jpg

Carla can move on when her stint as First Lady ends whilst Princess Letizia will be reduced to the Royal Barbie (quoting the article below) until her daughter will be old enough to take her place.

And no, Britain doesn't have a new Princess. Thanks to Carla Letizia got some coverage but as quickly as the british tabloids found out that she existed (probably on the first day of the State Visit) they will forget about her again and look out for the next victim, as soon as Sarkozy confirms the destination of his next visit.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
He wasn't happy, but not only this, the French couple let Hola's cameras do exclusive pictures of them inside El Pardo before the gala dinner.
I thought that especially the Hola coverage was astonishing regarding the degree to what the Spanish media was courting this couple. Not only to put just the two of them on the front page but also the first six or more pages just showing only them, preparing and posing in JC's rooms prior to the gala dinner.

I can hardly recall any case when guests dared to overshadow their hosts (including JC) in such a bold manner. And worst of all, the impression remains that it is not really about France but only about themselves.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

They are both very beautiful women but for me Carla (who looked the image of Audrey Hepburn) won by far.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:47 AM
Courtier

I don't know if this has been posted...

Princess Letizia of Spain Latest Threat to Carla Bruni’s Fashion Spotlight -- The Cut: New York Magazine's Fashion Blog
Old 05-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I thought that especially the Hola coverage was astonishing regarding the degree to what the Spanish media was courting this couple. Not only to put just the two of them on the front page but also the first six or more pages just showing only them, preparing and posing in JC's rooms prior to the gala dinner.

I can hardly recall any case when guests dared to overshadow their hosts (including JC) in such a bold manner. And worst of all, the impression remains that it is not really about France but only about themselves.
True. Hola did what they usually do for the celebrities who posed for them exclusively. But Sarko and Carla are the French President and his wife on an official visit, they shouldn't downgrade themselves to the level of some celebrities who sold their exclusive stories/poses to Hola for publicity or money.