State Visit from Colombia to Spain: March 1-3, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
According to Ambassador of Colombia in Spain, President Juan Manuel Santos will make a State Visit from March 1 to 3.

El embajador de Colombia presenta a pymes españolas un "oasis" para invertir

King Felipe and Queen Letizia

State Visit of Their Excellencies the President of the Republic of Colombia, Juan Manuel Santos Calderon and Mrs. Santos

Welcome ceremony at El Pardo Palace

Lunch at Zarzuela Palace

Gala dinner at the Royal Palace

Reception hosted by the President of Colombia at El Pardo Palace

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividades/Paginas/actividades_actividades_detalle.aspx?data=12291

Last edited by a moderator:
It is nice that the King receives his guests at El Pardo, so much better than La Zarzuela (which is on the same compound). I find the Queen not distictincive enough, she is not recognizable as "the Queen" as Queen Elizabeth, Queen Silvia or Queen Máxima are during official or ceremonial events.

It is nice that the King receives his guests at El Pardo, so much better than La Zarzuela (which is on the same compound). I find the Queen not distictincive enough, she is not recognizable as "the Queen" as Queen Elizabeth, Queen Silvia or Queen Máxima are during official or ceremonial events.

I believe that nearly all Welcoming Ceremonies for State Visits are held at the El Pardo though I'm sure there were a few exceptions where they arrived at Zarzuela in the past.

Tiara that will use the Queen Letizia today at the reception at the Royal Palace?

Tiara that will use the Queen Letizia today at the reception at the Royal Palace?

Probably the Floral tiara, or possibly, the Prussian one. I would be (pleasantly) surprised if she pulls out the larger Fleur-de-L tiara.

Floral tiara :sleep:
It used to be my favourite one and now I almost hate it...:whistling:

A good close-up of the Queen Letizia:
Queen Letizia of Spain receives the President of Colombia Juan Manuel... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images
And a breathtaking view of the Throne Room:
Queen Letizia of Spain Maria Clemencia Rodriguez de Santos President... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Regarding the Floral Tiara: I do believe it is appropriatly modest for a state visit from a country with a president. As much as I would like to see the La Buena, I reckon it will be put to use during a state visit to or from a country with a fellow crowned head of state. (Of course, it would be amazing if said state visit were to or from the Netherlands. Tee hee :) :flowers: )

Last edited:
I understand very well that Letizia loves the floral tiara, it looks so good on her. She looks great, nice to see her recycle this dress.

A good close-up of the Queen Letizia:
Queen Letizia of Spain receives the President of Colombia Juan Manuel... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images
And a breathtaking view of the Throne Room:
Queen Letizia of Spain Maria Clemencia Rodriguez de Santos President... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Regarding the Floral Tiara: I do believe it is appropriatly modest for a state visit from a country with a president. As much as I would like to see the La Buena, I reckon it will be put to use during a state visit to or from a country with a fellow crowned head of state. (Of course, it would be amazing if said state visit were to or from the Netherlands. Tee hee :) :flowers: )

I wouldn't count on it: Letizia went to the Dutch inauguration wearing the Floral tiara :whistling:

I wouldn't count on it: Letizia went to the Dutch inauguration wearing the Floral tiara :whistling:

At the Investiture she was still The Princess of Asturias. Now she is The Queen.... I am sure that when Queen Máxima comes to the Palacio Real, Letizia wil pack out with the Ansorena Fleur-de-Lys...

:flowers:

In the Palacio Real, Madrid (1985):
HRH The Infanta Doña Cristina, Duchess of Palma de Mallorca
HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands
HM Queen Sofía of Spain
HM The Queen of the Netherlands
HM The King of Spain
HRH The Infanta Doña Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Picture (click on the pic itself to blow it up)

In the Koninklijk Paleis, Amsterdam (2001)
HRH The Prince of Orange
HM Queen Sofía of Spain
HM The King of Spain
and
Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti
Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven LL.M.
HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
Picture and a close-up

At the Investiture she was still The Princess of Asturias. Now she is The Queen.... I am sure that when Queen Máxima comes to the Palacio Real, Letizia wil pack out with the Ansorena Fleur-de-Lys...

In the Palacio Real, Madrid (1985):
HRH The Infanta Doña Cristina, Duchess of Palma de Mallorca
HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands
HM Queen Sofía of Spain
HM The King of Spain
HRH The Infanta Doña Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Picture (click on the pic itself to blow it up)

In the Koninklijk Paleis, Amsterdam (2001)
HRH The Prince of Orange
HM Queen Sofía of Spain
HM The King of Spain
and
Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti
Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven LL.M.
HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
Picture and a close-up

But Queen Sopfia did not bring one of her bigger tiaras to the Netherlands like she did to Belgium and Japan (Fleur de Lys tiara) or to Norway (loop diamond and pearl tiara).

But Queen Sopfia did not bring one of her bigger tiaras to the Netherlands like she did to Belgium and Japan (Fleur de Lys tiara) or to Norway (loop diamond and pearl tiara).

You can never count on such rules. For the State Visit to the Kingdom of Denmark Queen Beatrix once wore one of her smallest diadems. It seems dependent on what the wearer likes best at that moment.

If you don't have helmet hairdos like Sofia, Beatrix or Silvia, it's difficult to wear these huge tiaras. Letizia needs a hair dresser who works for period movies or theatre, who can deal with this challenge :D

If you don't have helmet hairdos like Sofia, Beatrix or Silvia, it's difficult to wear these huge tiaras. Letizia needs a hair dresser who works for period movies or theatre, who can deal with this challenge :D

I would not say Silvia has a helmet hairdoo. But of course her hairdresser knows exactly what to do when she is wearing the big swedish tiaras. Perhaps Letizia's hairdresser can get tips from him.

I would not say Silvia has a helmet hairdoo. But of course her hairdresser knows exactly what to do when she is wearing the big swedish tiaras. Perhaps Letizia's hairdresser can get tips from him.
Let's not forget that Letizia's tiara hair-dos have improved greatly over the last few years. Do you all remember the loose curls she used to wear with tiaras for some years? If she continues the way she does, she'll work out how to show off the bigger tiaras as well. (But I wouldn't mind a Spanish State Visit to Sweden, where the two Queen's hairdressers can have a looooong chat;))

Back
Top Bottom